Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3,316 of 18,828
Crossing my fingers, my poly should ship this week to me. Question on Poly Setup on local LAN. Do I need to use the config button to add the poly to my network?
The instruction booklet guides you in the setup by first using the 'config button' to connect the Poly to your network, so you can then access the setup page.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,317 of 18,828
Now that we are talking about getting into the thing, I port scanned Poly and in addition to 5000(upnp), port 111 is open. Since Poly is a little computer running some linux, it could be nice to have ssh and root access to it, to have my own scripts and things running, like a web interface to control mSD card playback. It accepted a telnet connection on port 111, but didn't get any further than that. Also if such root/dev access were to be available, if something gets ****ed up, you could provide firmware flashing tools to reset the system.
Speaking slightly as an 'outsider' I think it would be a good idea to grab your enthusiasm, providing that you can agree a way forward with @Mojo ideas and @Matt Bartlett .

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #3,318 of 18,828
Dear John Franks
Does poly support EQ from SD card play ?
really i cant figure it out ,, its very important for me , and i don't want to buy it and then discover that it doesn't support EQ
i am totally OK if it doesn't but please don't ignore my question
Thanks for all the work you are doing..
I don't have a Poly but I suggest waiting for maybe a couple of weeks, and see the updates to the app etc then.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #3,319 of 18,828
Dear John Franks
really i cant figure it out ,, its very important for me , and i don't want to buy it and then discover that it doesn't support EQ
I don't think that chord will ignore your question, but this is the weekend, so please be understanding if their families have the priority until monday. :slight_smile:

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,320 of 18,828
Now that we are talking about getting into the thing, I port scanned Poly and in addition to 5000(upnp), port 111 is open. Since Poly is a little computer running some linux, it could be nice to have ssh and root access to it, to have my own scripts and things running, like a web interface to control mSD card playback. It accepted a telnet connection on port 111, but didn't get any further than that. Also if such root/dev access were to be available, if something gets ****ed up, you could provide firmware flashing tools to reset the system.
Nice idea but thinking about it I guess we’d not be too pleased to have our own complex code that we’ve had developed for Chord’s Poly over the last eighteen months being adapted or ever passed around freely

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,321 of 18,828
Dear John Franks

I guess there will be no EQ in the App that CHORD will provide for the poly, simply because this is not the way they handle sound with this great products. EQing is something thats done best in the DAC (which in this case will not happen because of the closed Mojo). You may use some App with EQ, for example NEPlayer on iOS. Maybe you could explain to us why for you EQing is so important bc Mojo with a great Headphone sounds terrific.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #3,322 of 18,828
Port 111 is likely a port mapper - it tells you what’s on other ports
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmap

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,323 of 18,828
Nice idea but thinking about it I guess we’d not be too pleased to have our own complex code that we’ve had developed for Chord’s Poly over the last eighteen months being adapted or ever passed around freely
Have to agree this is probably not a good idea. With no screen or usb interface for keyboards etc you can brick it pretty quickly. I’d leave it alone

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #3,324 of 18,828
I don't have a Poly but I suggest waiting for maybe a couple of weeks, and see the updates to the app etc then.
Re the EQ question It should do, but I’ve got to verify this with our guys. I can tell you all that it’s looking like our first update will be going out this coming week Matt will advise its fixes and all features just prior to it’s release.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #3,325 of 18,828
I guess there will be no EQ in the App that CHORD will provide for the poly, simply because this is not the way they handle sound with this great products. EQing is something thats done best in the DAC (which in this case will not happen because of the closed Mojo). You may use some App with EQ, for example NEPlayer on iOS. Maybe you could explain to us why for you EQing is so important bc Mojo with a great Headphone sounds terrific.
I EQ my AF180/M1060 to have little bit extra treble with the Mojo when i use it with my mobile phone , although it doesn't need any EQ when i use with PC ,,
it just a problem from mobile phones connection (USB) , so to be in the safe side ,, i need EQ with Poly ,, that's why i ask about the EQ ..

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #3,326 of 18,828
Re the EQ question It should do, but I’ve got to verify this with our guys. I can tell you all that it’s looking like our first update will be going out this coming week Matt will advise its fixes and all features just prior to it’s release.
OK i will wait for your confirmation ,, i will remind you because i don't want to wait to much to order my Poly ..

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #3,327 of 18,828
Hi everybody,
Here in Singapore the poly will land officially next week and my Mojo cant wait!

Even if reading your posts I have the impression I already know it a bit :wink:.

I am preparing myself and was wondering if one needs to go for the very high speed micro SD (100m/s) or would it be overkill?

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,328 of 18,828
That does seem unusual, but let's try and narrow things down a bit.

Mike, thanks for taking time to write this down. Appreciated.

The issue with Mojo making these noises is there even without feeding it with any source. That is no input or power into the Mojo with just the headphones connected. From what you mentioned earlier you are suggesting that it could be the headphones cable picking up the RFI from surroundings, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back