Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 12, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #3,332 of 18,752
Poly/Mojo have been charging for a good 6-7 hours now. Mojo's white light is off, which means it's already had enough.
Poly's is still white and not blue- is this normal???

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #3,334 of 18,752
If you remove the charging cable from your poly/mojo your light becomes blue. If you leave the charging cable on your poly while using it, it stays white.

During each charging cycle so far, Poly has
been turning blue when fully charged. I am not using it while it’s on the charger.

This is the answer I got from Chord a few days ago:

Poly can never be switched off whilst charging. The light should go to blue when fully charged as it’s not longer charging.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,335 of 18,752
During each charging cycle so far, Poly has
been turning blue when fully charged. I am not using it while it’s on the charger.

This is the answer I got from Chord a few days ago:

Poly can never be switched off whilst charging. The light should go to blue when fully charged as it’s not longer charging.

As far as i remember, the white light goes off when fully charged, remove the cable and use it it becomes blue (indicator that its fully charged i guess). Use it with charging-cable connected it becomes white again (because it charges while using). Must see tomorrow mornig if its blue or off. But afaik mine goes off when fully charged.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #3,336 of 18,752
As far as i remember, the white light goes off when fully charged, remove the cable and use it it becomes blue (indicator that its fully charged i guess). Use it with charging-cable connected it becomes white again (because it charges while using). Must see tomorrow mornig if its blue or off. But afaik mine goes off when fully charged.

My experience so far is completely different.
As per what I was advised, Poly can never be switched off while charging. That’s why it’s meant to change from white to blue when finished charging.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #3,337 of 18,752
My experience so far is completely different.
As per what I was advised, Poly can never be switched off while charging. That’s why it’s meant to change from white to blue when finished charging.

yes, that is true, but the always on blue light you see is the (upper light) status for network. The (lower) charging light ist the white one which gets off after its fully charged and gets blue when cable is disconnected. The upper light stays blue as long as its connected to a network.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #3,338 of 18,752
yes, that is true, but the always on blue light you see is the (upper light) status for network. The (lower) charging light ist the white one which gets off after its fully charged and gets blue when cable is disconnected. The upper light stays blue as long as its connected to a network.

Just to confirm.
P Status light ( top ) will go white when on charge until the battery is fully charged. It will then remain blue until the battery level drops and it needs charging again. This light is always on when on charge.
M Status light ( bottom ) will also go white when on charge but assuming Mojo is switched off then this light will go off when the battery in Mojo is fully charged.

So with Mojo off and both units fully charged you should only see the one blue light for P Status.

Hope that helps to clear this up.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #3,339 of 18,752

That’s not what I have been advised. I have seen Poly’s switching to blue every single time but today. Again, a quote of the answer I got:

Q: Does Poly’s white light switch off when fully charged?
A: Poly can never be switched off whilst charging. The light should go to Blue when fully charged as it’s not longer charging.
Q: What about Mojo’s white light while charging?
A: Light switches off when fully charged.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #3,340 of 18,752
Just to confirm.
P Status light ( top ) will go white when on charge until the battery is fully charged. It will then remain blue until the battery level drops and it needs charging again. This light is always on when on charge.
M Status light ( bottom ) will also go white when on charge but assuming Mojo is switched off then this light will go off when the battery in Mojo is fully charged.

So with Mojo off and both units fully charged you should only see the one blue light for P Status.

So how do we know that Poly is fully charged when the light just stays white, WHILE being charged??? I am confused as I have seen the P status light go blue during charging (as one of your colleagues advised as per my previous post)

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #3,341 of 18,752
Just to confirm.

Just to add Poly has some clever charge sensing circuitry so if you have a charger that is not quite powerful enough to charge both products together then it will prioritise charging Mojo first. This is why you might see Mojo ( M Status ) light off but P Status light on Poly still white and charging.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #3,343 of 18,752
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #3,344 of 18,752
That’s not what I have been advised. I have seen Poly’s switching to blue every single time but today. Again, a quote of the answer I got:

Q: Does Poly’s white light switch off when fully charged?
A: Poly can never be switched off whilst charging. The light should go to Blue when fully charged as it’s not longer charging.
Q: What about Mojo’s white light while charging?
A: Light switches off when fully charged.

As said, i may in error in remembering the poly switching off the white light after it is fully charged, i could verify these tomorrow morning.
The manual isn't explicit in this regard, but if you have these answer from chord support then it may be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back