Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 26, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #18,948 of 19,125
None of the issues are explained in the faq, it almost seems if your it network infrastructure is top notch and up to date, don’t buy a Poly
There may be an element of truth in that.
By that I am thinking of how the original Poly firmware was coded for the basic attributes for working with routers that conformed to a certain network 'standard'.
Then it was discovered that not all manufacturers and their routers complied 100% with that network 'standard' and some manufacturers were incorporating bespoke attributes.
Cue one of the poly firmware updates
Then it was discovered that the update did not cure everything for all routers.
Cue another of the poly firmware updates
etc
This does leave open the possibility that anyone using the latest cutting edge network infrastructure, may be using gear which has added new bespoke attributes, and the Poly firmware has not caught up yet.

Doesn't solve your issue, but there is the old IT truism about the benefit of not rushing to be an early adopter, before all the bugs have been discovered/removed.

May 26, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #18,949 of 19,125
There may be an element of truth in that.
By that I am thinking of how the original Poly firmware was coded for the basic attributes for working with routers that conformed to a certain network 'standard'.
Then it was discovered that not all manufacturers and their routers complied 100% with that network 'standard' and some manufacturers were incorporating bespoke attributes.
Cue one of the poly firmware updates
Then it was discovered that the update did not cure everything for all routers.
Cue another of the poly firmware updates
etc
This does leave open the possibility that anyone using the latest cutting edge network infrastructure, may be using gear which has added new bespoke attributes, and the Poly firmware has not caught up yet.

Doesn't solve your issue, but there is the old IT truism about the benefit of not rushing to be an early adopter, before all the bugs have been discovered/removed.
jump started a prehistoric 7 year old asus 2.4G router, poly sees the 2.4G but still refuses to connect (even after a full factory reset). With that old router it seems to work, now at least I can give it a go.... but that is really bad. TP Link actually uses decent standard protocols. Wifi 6 I would have understand

Thanks for everyone helping, trying to find a fix :).

Not sure if I will keep the poly, beeing so quircky... but now at least I can give it a go to see.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #18,950 of 19,125
jump started a prehistoric 7 year old asus 2.4G router, poly sees the 2.4G but still refuses to connect (even after a full factory reset). With that old router it seems to work, now at least I can give it a go.... but that is really bad. TP Link actually uses decent standard protocols. Wifi 6 I would have understand

Not sure if I will keep the poly, beeing so quircky... but now at least I can give it a go to see.

Just FYI, my Asus RT-AX86U running in Dual Band Smart Connect works with the Poly just fine. My SSID is "rlw6534" so no strange characters and no Mesh networking.

May 26, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #18,951 of 19,125
None of the issues are explained in the faq, it almost seems if your it network infrastructure is top notch and up to date, don’t buy a Poly
The problem is that Mojo2 is useless without Poly.

May 26, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #18,952 of 19,125

Heres a thought.. Is a Mojo2 connected to a Poly that is not updated to version 3? If so, you need to find an OG Mojo and update the Poly with the OG Mojo connected.

May 26, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #18,953 of 19,125
jump started a prehistoric 7 year old asus 2.4G router, poly sees the 2.4G but still refuses to connect (even after a full factory reset).
Something else that may help after those factory resets is to remember to give poly some time before attempting to interact with it again. I try to force myself to give it at least 30 seconds or so, or even better completely turn it off and give it a minute or so before turning it back on. When I do this I seem to get fewer disconnects or app crashing issues while trying to set things up (same applies when switching from wifi to hotspot and back - best to give it some extra time and not hit that poly link as soon as it shows up - gofigure is a pathetic app the way that whole process is designed/implemented which is probably why these tricks/workarounds seem to be necessary.

May 27, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #18,954 of 19,125

Not true. I have the latest and “greatest “ Orbi mesh with no issues.

May 27, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #18,955 of 19,125
Something else that may help after those factory resets is to remember to give poly some time before attempting to interact with it again. I try to force myself to give it at least 30 seconds or so, or even better completely turn it off and give it a minute or so before turning it back on. When I do this I seem to get fewer disconnects or app crashing issues while trying to set things up (same applies when switching from wifi to hotspot and back - best to give it some extra time and not hit that poly link as soon as it shows up - gofigure is a pathetic app the way that whole process is designed/implemented which is probably why these tricks/workarounds seem to be necessary.

This and the poly doesn’t instantly shut down. You can power cycle the mojo2 and the poly not restart.

May 27, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #18,956 of 19,125
noticed two weird things testing.

Everytime I shut down the Poly Mojo combi, the only way to get it working again is plug in a usb charger?
Is it not possible to use powerbanks with the combi? I tried powerbanks from Ibasso, Xtorm and Anker? (it is not the cable, because that one works with the usb charger)

when you insert a sdcard, you can't browse the folders? creating playlists for a 2TB disk is crazy if that has to be done.... Is this correct?

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #18,957 of 19,125

Everytime I shut down the Poly Mojo combi, the only way to get it working again is plug in a usb charger?
Is it not possible to use powerbanks with the combi? I tried powerbanks from Ibasso, Xtorm and Anker? (it is not the cable, because that one works with the usb charger)

when you insert a sdcard, you can't browse the folders? creating playlists for a 2TB disk is crazy if that has to be done.... Is this correct?
If it is a brand-new unit contact the distributor and get a replacement, If 3rd party contact seller and hope for the best. Definitely not operating anywhere near properly

May 27, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #18,959 of 19,125
When U first insert the SD card, the Mojo starts scanning it to make an index. This can take a long time - and obviously a bigger card takes longer. I've often found it not even showing up on the wifi network while it's 'concentrating' on doing this. In the early days this led to all sorts of confusion restarting etc because "Obviously indexing wouldn't affect whether it was on the network". When I took the SD out, it popped up on the network swiftly.

I actually have 2 x poly/mojo (original) setups . I have no trouble accessing music on the SD card by folders over wifi using BubbleUPNP, which is my normal usage.

May 27, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #18,960 of 19,125

Sounds like you do have problems with the unit but regarding reading the SD card, you shouldn't be looking to GoFigure to do that. GoFigure is just for configuration/settings (although it, confusingly, does allow you play any stored playlists from the card). You need a 3rd party controller (8Player, Mconnect, Rigelian MaximumMPD etc) to play files (from the card or streaming from another source) to do that. Sorry if you knew that and I've misunderstood what you were saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back