Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 26, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #18,931 of 19,125
Yes both are available, I already tried passwords without special characters. Wifi now and then connect, but even if the poly says it is connected to the wifi, it is not visible for mconnect as connecting point?
In case the POLY isn't recognized instantly as a UPnP device (happens to mine from time to time also after using AirPlay), hitting the refresh button beneath the text "UPnP Devices" is sometimes_required_, in my situation it helps if POLY does not show up right away.
Minor detail, just in case you haven't already done that anyway

Attachments

• IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #18,933 of 19,125
I already used words after 6 hours messing with the Poly which I will not repeat here, WHAT A PEACE OF crap, even the Gofigure app won't even let you configure anything normal, apps keeps crashing, crashing and AGAIN crashing on IOS 17 (Iphone 15 pro). In that time I have not even heared one second of sound through the Poly.

And nice and all it seems to works with Roon, but that I will give the finger.... because beeing forced to use a piece of overpriced software is just bull, then Chord should have provided a free lifetime subscription included in the Poly if that is mandatory (I have my music collection perfectly ordered, to extreme detail... I don't need Roon)

on god's grace it wants to connect to wifi, than the apps crashes again and gone wifi connection again. mconnect won't stream to it through wifi (he won't even see the Poly)
enable wifi hotspot on the phone, the poly does not even see the phone's hotspot.

etc... etc...

My life... that crappy device is going back, I love my Chord TT2 and Mscaler, but I HATE HAAATTTTEE the Poly.... will be going back to my Astell and Kern with AKM chipset now.... Would have loved a piece of chord sound more mobile... but this is impossible.
Agreed 👍 I’m looking into buying a DAP too. Poly makes me mad all the time.

May 26, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #18,934 of 19,125
Yes both are available, I already tried passwords without special characters. Wifi now and then connect, but even if the poly says it is connected to the wifi, it is not visible for mconnect as connecting point?
What do you mean by both are available? If you have a router that has both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz on same SSID you still may have a problem (even though Chord documentation seems to say the opposite). Everything even may look like it's connected (shows same SSID on both phone and poly after configuration) but it still may not work - I just went throught that myself over last couple of days (also was super frustrated and I agree gofigure app is a piece of crap which crashes too much). Fortunatelly I also have a completely separate 2.4Ghz network available (different SSID) and after I explicitly connected both phone and poly to that device everything started working. In my opinion you are wasting your time trying mconnect (or any other software) until you get the underlying networking issue straightened out. Yes I do find it annoying that going forward my phone and ipad will both have to be on 2.4Ghz from now on for convenience of accessing Poly but the sound quality of Poly+Mojo when it's working is so incredible that it's worth the effort (and 2.4Ghz is still plenty fast enough for what my phone and ipad need to be used for). If I had to get my computer downgraded to only use 2.4 that would be very annoying. But that I have on wired ethernet so no problem there. My conclusion is that just like with many other niche products I used in the past it's worth to try to find a way to work with them. As an example one of my all time favorite portable dacs Tera player only played wav files but it was so incredibly fun and worthwhile to be able to have full hires files in your pocket for truly mobile - used it for 10 years on my daily commute into NYC so converting everythign I had to wav ended up being worth it back then - made that commute something I was actually looking forward too.

May 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #18,936 of 19,125
need some help, maybe I am crazy but how the hell do I stream Tidal or qobuz to a chord poly? My chord poly is connected to my network, and my phone as well, but mconnect doesn't see my Chord poly? firmware is 3.2.0 something

Really start to annoy me by now, I am already trying 3 hours to try to stream my DLNA shared music on my Synology nas through mconnect to my chord poly. But Tidal and Qobuz doesn't work either. if it is like this, it is totally useless.

I work in IT for 30 years, this is just crazy, what is it with this device? Go Figure keeps crashing, issues with my Wifi mesh network (which is configures as 2.4G as well)

somebody knows a decent way? because neither of the youtube video's or explanations work.

I need the following:
- Stream all my DLNA shares music files from my Synology nas to my Chord Poly, through my wifi network, not hotspot. (NOT apple airplay, no bluetooth, but lossless streamed through my wifi network)
- Stream Qobuz.

I read mconnect everywhere, but that doesn't work.

thanks

The following keeps happening as well with my Iphone 15, moment after moment after moment: (I already did factory reset 14 times)
IMG_7389.jpg
I have found that if there is ANY available network in range with a special character in Its SSID then Gofigure will display that message and revert to the Devices Near You screen. It's not just the one you are wanting to connect to. May be worth checking.

May 26, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #18,937 of 19,125
What do you mean by both are available? If you have a router that has both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz on same SSID you still may have a problem (even though Chord documentation seems to say the opposite). Everything even may look like it's connected (shows same SSID on both phone and poly after configuration) but it still may not work - I just went throught that myself over last couple of days (also was super frustrated and I agree gofigure app is a piece of crap which crashes too much). Fortunatelly I also have a completely separate 2.4Ghz network available (different SSID) and after I explicitly connected both phone and poly to that device everything started working. In my opinion you are wasting your time trying mconnect (or any other software) until you get the underlying networking issue straightened out. Yes I do find it annoying that going forward my phone and ipad will both have to be on 2.4Ghz from now on for convenience of accessing Poly but the sound quality of Poly+Mojo when it's working is so incredible that it's worth the effort (and 2.4Ghz is still plenty fast enough for what my phone and ipad need to be used for). If I had to get my computer downgraded to only use 2.4 that would be very annoying. But that I have on wired ethernet so no problem there. My conclusion is that just like with many other niche products I used in the past it's worth to try to find a way to work with them. As an example one of my all time favorite portable dacs Tera player only played wav files but it was so incredibly fun and worthwhile to be able to have full hires files in your pocket for truly mobile - used it for 10 years on my daily commute into NYC so converting everythign I had to wav ended up being worth it back then - made that commute something I was actually looking forward too.
I will have to give it a try, giving the 2.4 a different sidd name. Thanks for the tips

May 26, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #18,938 of 19,125
In case the POLY isn't recognized instantly as a UPnP device (happens to mine from time to time also after using AirPlay), hitting the refresh button beneath the text "UPnP Devices" is sometimes_required_, in my situation it helps if POLY does not show up right away.
Minor detail, just in case you haven't already done that anyway
Thanks will have to check tonight

May 26, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #18,939 of 19,125
I have found that if there is ANY available network in range with a special character in Its SSID then Gofigure will display that message and revert to the Devices Near You screen. It's not just the one you are wanting to connect to. May be worth checking.
That is crazy then, because in my neighbourhood alleen there already 7 sidds visible with weird characters

May 26, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #18,941 of 19,125
That is crazy then, because in my neighbourhood alleen there already 7 sidds visible with weird characters
I don't know what happens of you have neighbours with weird SSIDs because I am not in that situation. What happened with me is that I set up a new AP with a hyphen in the SSID and tried to connect to it and had all sorts of problems with Gofigure disconnecting etc. I powered off the new AP and connected Poly to an old SSID. I am continuing to use Poly like this, but if in Gofigure I go to Wifi while in range of the bad SSID, I get the device disconnect. However, I can still use Poly because I am still connected to the good SSID. At some point I will correct the bad SSID.

Attachments

• IMG_1055.png
    IMG_1055.png
    727.5 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #18,943 of 19,125
I don't know what happens of you have neighbours with weird SSIDs because I am not in that situation. What happened with me is that I set up a new AP with a hyphen in the SSID and tried to connect to it and had all sorts of problems with Gofigure disconnecting etc. I powered off the new AP and connected Poly to an old SSID. I am continuing to use Poly like this, but if in Gofigure I go to Wifi while in range of the bad SSID, I get the device disconnect. However, I can still use Poly because I am still connected to the good SSID. At some point I will correct the bad SSID.
Ss you can see, this what happens if I move out of range of the bad SSID (4 G-Mobile). There is no device disconnect.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.png
    IMG_1056.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #18,944 of 19,125
Ss you can see, this what happens if I move out of range of the bad SSID (4 G-Mobile). There is no device disconnect.
Update:

I factory reset Poly while out of range of all networks to remove the bad SSID from configured networks. Poly then displays the bad SSID as an available network without doing a device disconnect. I can then connect to the good SSID without issue. I would deduce from this that neighbours' weird SSIDs should not be a problem. Only bad SSIDs that one has previously attempted to connect to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back