Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 25, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #18,916 of 19,125
need some help, maybe I am crazy but how the hell do I stream Tidal or qobuz to a chord poly? My chord poly is connected to my network, and my phone as well, but mconnect doesn't see my Chord poly? firmware is 3.2.0 something

Really start to annoy me by now, I am already trying 3 hours to try to stream my DLNA shared music on my Synology nas through mconnect to my chord poly. But Tidal and Qobuz doesn't work either. if it is like this, it is totally useless.

I work in IT for 30 years, this is just crazy, what is it with this device? Go Figure keeps crashing, issues with my Wifi mesh network (which is configures as 2.4G as well)

somebody knows a decent way? because neither of the youtube video's or explanations work.

I need the following:
- Stream all my DLNA shares music files from my Synology nas to my Chord Poly, through my wifi network, not hotspot. (NOT apple airplay, no bluetooth, but lossless streamed through my wifi network)
- Stream Qobuz.

I read mconnect everywhere, but that doesn't work.

thanks

The following keeps happening as well with my Iphone 15, moment after moment after moment: (I already did factory reset 14 times)
your mConnect-operating Device should remain in Bluetooth reach of Poly.
After that your local storage should appear some entries below qobuz and tidal. That would be my first approach, possibly restart Poly, possibly gofigure and subsequent rescan, possibly restart mConnect.
EDT: during playback I tried to use my VPN with the operating device, this stop playback, this is annoying for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.png
    IMG_4657.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #18,917 of 19,125
your mConnect-operating Device should remain in Bluetooth reach of Poly.
After that your local storage should appear some entries below qobuz and tidal. That would be my first approach, possibly restart Poly, possibly gofigure and subsequent rescan, possibly restart mConnect.
The point is I don’t want to play through awfull bluetooth! I want to stream lossless to the chord poly through my wifi. I have a dlna server running on my network.

Is this not possible? Seriously?

Besides that bluetooth keepa disconnecting whatever the fck I do… I already tried so many resets(&factory) of the poly and phone that I don’t know anymore?🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #18,918 of 19,125
As far as I understand, Bluetooth is only for Communication between operating device and Poly and should remain Active persistently.
As I edited above, even changing operating device to vpn stops playback. So leaving Bluetooth area with operating device will stop that too apparently.
Annoying, for sure.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #18,919 of 19,125
In case playback works, just check bitrate and the lower left. Just leaving Bluetooth Active, doesn't mean Bluetooth streaming is forced upon your synology. But you already know that as you're working in the IT.. But even non-IT Folks would know that

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #18,920 of 19,125
No issues with devices on different frequency. As long as you are on the same network SSID, all will be fine.
Just tried this but it does not work for me. If I select my dedicated 2.4 SSID my iphone (if connected to that same SSID) can see it as Airplay output. However if I select my hybrid 5Ghz/2.4Ghz network SSID on both Poly and my iphone I do not see Poly as available Airplay output. By the way I have that 2.4 dedicated SSID set up for various iot devices that don't like 5Ghz. So at least in my case whatever Chord is saying in their documentation is not correct.

May 26, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #18,921 of 19,125
One very annoying issue I'm running into is that if I set a password for Poly's hotspot network I cannot see that network from my iphone as available wifi network. But if I set that hotspot network up without password I can see it from my phone and connect without any issues (so can anyone else of course which is a real problem). Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a way to make this work? I can live with various other deficiencies - we certainly need to undersand some networking to work with this device which is no problem for me because I work in IT, but this particular issure really bothers me. And while I'm on the roll complaining - Poly also cannot see my iphone hotspot if I set that up - never shows up as available network if I try to set up a new wifi connection. My other devices see it but not Poly.

May 26, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #18,922 of 19,125
One very annoying issue I'm running into is that if I set a password for Poly's hotspot network I cannot see that network from my iphone as available wifi network. But if I set that hotspot network up without password I can see it from my phone and connect without any issues (so can anyone else of course which is a real problem). Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a way to make this work? I can live with various other deficiencies - we certainly need to undersand some networking to work with this device which is no problem for me because I work in IT, but this particular issure really bothers me. And while I'm on the roll complaining - Poly also cannot see my iphone hotspot if I set that up - never shows up as available network if I try to set up a new wifi connection. My other devices see it but not Poly.
Sorry TG, I really would like to help you, but I can't.

…[ removed personal information ]…

Anyone _else_ can help?

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #18,923 of 19,125
Just tried this but it does not work for me. If I select my dedicated 2.4 SSID my iphone (if connected to that same SSID) can see it as Airplay output. However if I select my hybrid 5Ghz/2.4Ghz network SSID on both Poly and my iphone I do not see Poly as available Airplay output. By the way I have that 2.4 dedicated SSID set up for various iot devices that don't like 5Ghz. So at least in my case whatever Chord is saying in their documentation is not correct.

I have a combination of ethernet, 2.5ghz, 5ghz, and now 6ghz. No issues. I don't have to be on same 2.4ghz as poly for it to work.

Hiwever, if you have a separate IOT SSID, that can have some "sandbox" situation that keeps the 5ghz separate.

WiFi isn't simple anymore.

May 26, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #18,924 of 19,125
I have a combination of ethernet, 2.5ghz, 5ghz, and now 6ghz. No issues. I don't have to be on same 2.4ghz as poly for it to work.

Hiwever, if you have a separate IOT SSID, that can have some "sandbox" situation that keeps the 5ghz separate.

WiFi isn't simple anymore.
At least I was finally able to set my poly hotspot password. Turns out I had to use only letters and numbers - no special characters allowed. Of course when I go to chose the wifi it's telling me that network has weak security. Still major step forward and I have my basic use cases covered and know what exactly needs to be done for both streaming via Airplay vs playing full hires from the Poly SD card.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #18,925 of 19,125
Duplicate

May 26, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #18,926 of 19,125
yeah..chord really need a Poly 2, not just software update
I already used words after 6 hours messing with the Poly which I will not repeat here, WHAT A PEACE OF crap, even the Gofigure app won't even let you configure anything normal, apps keeps crashing, crashing and AGAIN crashing on IOS 17 (Iphone 15 pro). In that time I have not even heared one second of sound through the Poly.

And nice and all it seems to works with Roon, but that I will give the finger.... because beeing forced to use a piece of overpriced software is just bull, then Chord should have provided a free lifetime subscription included in the Poly if that is mandatory (I have my music collection perfectly ordered, to extreme detail... I don't need Roon)

on god's grace it wants to connect to wifi, than the apps crashes again and gone wifi connection again. mconnect won't stream to it through wifi (he won't even see the Poly)
enable wifi hotspot on the phone, the poly does not even see the phone's hotspot.

etc... etc...

My life... that crappy device is going back, I love my Chord TT2 and Mscaler, but I HATE HAAATTTTEE the Poly.... will be going back to my Astell and Kern with AKM chipset now.... Would have loved a piece of chord sound more mobile... but this is impossible.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #18,927 of 19,125
I already used words after 6 hours messing with the Poly which I will not repeat here, WHAT A PEACE OF crap, even the Gofigure app won't even let you configure anything normal, apps keeps crashing, crashing and AGAIN crashing on IOS 17 (Iphone 15 pro). In that time I have not even heared one second of sound through the Poly.

on god's grace it wants to connect to wifi, than the apps crashes again and gone wifi connection again. mconnect won't stream to it through wifi (he won't even see the Poly)
enable wifi hotspot on the phone, the poly does not even see the phone's hotspot.

etc... etc...

My life... that crappy device is going back, I love my Chord TT2 and Mscaler, but I HATE HAAATTTTEE the Poly.... will be going back to my Astell and Kern with AKM chipset now.... Would have loved a piece of chord sound more mobile... but this is impossible.
what exactly is your requirement with the Poly, I would like to understand so that I can help you

May 26, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #18,928 of 19,125
what exactly is your requirement with the Poly, I would like to understand so that I can help you

I want to use the Poly, stream lossless (so no lossy apple air or bluetooth) to my Mojo2.
- I want to be able to play my DLNA music collection that is stored on my Synology NAS (even my Astell and Kern does not have a problem with that opening those streams)
- Stream my Qobuz subscription lossless to the Poly (maybe through Mconnect, but mconnect doesn't see the Poly)

- I got the Poly connected to the same home wifi network (on moments it worked) as myphone... that is the farrest I came... but playing sound through the Poly, no.

I read everywhere mconnect should work, but it does not see the poly? I can choose streaming to my tv, google chrome points etc with mconnect… but not the poly? And that is in the situation the poly was wifi connected? But mconnect does not see the poly?

So if you know how to get that working, that would be great.... because I am at the point I don't know anymore?

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #18,929 of 19,125
I want to use the Poly, stream lossless (so no lossy apple air or bluetooth) to my Mojo2.
- I want to be able to play my DLNA music collection that is stored on my Synology NAS (even my Astell and Kern does not have a problem with that opening those streams)
- Stream my Qobuz subscription lossless to the Poly (maybe through Mconnect, but mconnect doesn't see the Poly)

- I got the Poly connected to the same home wifi network (on moments it worked) as myphone... that is the farrest I came... but playing sound through the Poly, no.

I read everywhere mconnect should work, but it does not see the poly? I can choose streaming to my tv, google chrome points etc with mconnect… but not the poly? And that is in the situation the poly was wifi connected? But mconnect does not see the poly?

So if you know how to get that working, that would be great.... because I am at the point I don't know anymore?
Is it on a 2.4 gHz network with an SSID with no special characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back