Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #16,336 of 18,887
So pretty much just bug fixes then.
What are you looking for exactly? I can't think of many things to be added to poly except for maybe full SD card access through Bluetooth; I'm not sure if this is already possible. Third-party software integrations like Spotify connect or tidal connect are not like all you have to do is drag and drop your library It involves a lot of parties.

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #16,337 of 18,887
What are you looking for exactly? I can't think of many things to be added to poly except for maybe full SD card access through Bluetooth; I'm not sure if this is already possible. Third-party software integrations like Spotify connect or tidal connect are not like all you have to do is drag and drop your library It involves a lot of parties.
Casting

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #16,338 of 18,887
What are you looking for exactly? I can't think of many things to be added to poly except for maybe full SD card access through Bluetooth; I'm not sure if this is already possible. …
Adding MPD v0.22 or newer to Poly will be a much appreciated update.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #16,339 of 18,887
I see, sorry I don't use Android devices not entirely sure of the environment but if it's similar to Airplay, personally not a big fan but that's just me of course...

Adding MPD v0.22 or newer to Poly will be a much appreciated update.
That will be hopefully added given the release notes of the 2go... We'll see...

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #16,340 of 18,887
I see, sorry I don't use Android devices not entirely sure of the environment but if it's similar to Airplay, personally not a big fan but that's just me of course...

Casting is capable of bit perfect 24/96 - good enough for me and different league to Airplay's 16bit 44.1. Not holding my breath mind...

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #16,341 of 18,887
No time to read the forum in depth so 3 questions if anyone can help.
1) Is poly rock solid streaming wifi roon from imac/pc core?

2) What is the current situation regarding charging poly/mojo?

3) Finally is anyone using a powerbank to charge mojo/poly while playing at the same time with success? I have a 20k mah powerbank which i use to charge/play with mojo. I'm thinking to use the powerbank with mojo/poly but i'm wondering how much extra power poly uses. Mojo lasts a long while with it.

many thanks mk

Hi MK,

1, - It works great in Roon mode, however if you have a sd card plugged in, it wont work until you change mode to “everything else “ mode. It really is excellent when in Roon mode, it just so easy and effortless.

2, - Charge but don’t play at the same time! the manual still says its ok to do it, but Rob said otherwise. Basically just plugin to a usb port and let it charge without playing. Play and charge could be a dangerous thing to do, possible explosive issues or just a burn on the hand. I did it a couple of times and the heat coming out of it was extremely hot. I mean throw it down hot.

3, - I use an anker 21000 mah mobile battery, slightly bulky ( it will fit in any pocket ) but it can charge mojo/poly numerous times over, it also has a long life.

4 - When it comes to Roon mode, it is excellent, no problems what so ever. I imagine a lot of work was done to get it Roon Certified.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #16,342 of 18,887
With the last upgrade of the iOS go figure app, did it become extremely slow to do the initial poly connection in the app?
It’s a bit frustrating to wait 2 minutes sometimes …

Jul 23, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #16,343 of 18,887
With the last upgrade of the iOS go figure app, did it become extremely slow to do the initial poly connection in the app?
Seems to work ok to me. The initial connection is quicker if anything, but it does take a while to download whatever data it needs to run. Perhaps have your iPhone/iPad near or on a line with the black plastic antenna window of the Poly? I’m using the Poly on 2.04 firmware, and an iPhone 12 on iOS 14.6.

I do wish they’d get on with the firmware upgrade though…..

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #16,344 of 18,887
Jul 23, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #16,345 of 18,887
Yes.

I noticed that as well.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #16,346 of 18,887
Yes it is slower to do the initial load. A bit annoying.

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #16,348 of 18,887
I thought the delay was due to the Gofigure upgrade. I thought I saw similar replies regarding Gofigure on the 2Go thread.

Maybe the speed will improve once the Poly firmware is released- don’t know if they could be related or not.
A few posters indicated that they still experienced issues after the 2Go update.
I assumed (maybe wrongly) that Chord would take the opportunity to check if the issues would also impact the Poly.

All that I can add is that my experience with managing software updates in europe, is that many of the coders, plus the stakeholders validating the updates, are on holiday during periods of July/August, so getting unduly stressed before September is counterproductive for both stakeholder and customer.

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #16,349 of 18,887
A few posters indicated that they still experienced issues after the 2Go update.
I assumed (maybe wrongly) that Chord would take the opportunity to check if the issues would also impact the Poly.

All that I can add is that my experience with managing software updates in europe, is that many of the coders, plus the stakeholders validating the updates, are on holiday during periods of July/August, so getting unduly stressed before September is counterproductive for both stakeholder and customer.
As a customer I would not be pleased if a (another) new product release supercedes a completed promise regarding Poly

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #16,350 of 18,887
This is the way.

joking aside you are spending $1k+ on a portal dac/streamer and probably another $1k on headphones and $300 on cables. Adding an iPhone/iPad is just another few hundred. If you have another high end streamer your will be much happier with iOS.
OK, jokes aside, I can make a similar case that you can buy another brand (not Chord) portable dac/streamer (AK SP1k comes to mind) and, as you said, another $1k on headphones with the addition that it works with all phones/tablets and not just apple-branded. Yes, it's not Chord but this AK DAP is competitive, sound-wise. BTW, I've owned the Hugo 2 and MojoPoly - I sold both. Also, there is no advantage to iOS when using ROON.

I'm actually using the AK SP1K as a ROON-ready DAP connected to my Samsung Flip 5G phone, iPad Pro, and a Samsung Tab S7 to control the Roon app. It works FLAWLESSLY with NO CABLES on my network.

I came back to this thread because I was curious if Chord has fixed the connectivity/consistency issues with their MojoPoly unit - apparently, it's still a NoGo. And the fact that they still came out with the Hugo 2 version (2Go) is somewhat perplexing. Now, I'm curious if the 2Go unit has similar issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back