Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #16,351 of 18,835
OK, jokes aside, I can make a similar case that you can buy another brand (not Chord) portable dac/streamer (AK SP1k comes to mind) and, as you said, another $1k on headphones with the addition that it works with all phones/tablets and not just apple-branded. Yes, it's not Chord but this AK DAP is competitive, sound-wise. BTW, I've owned the Hugo 2 and MojoPoly - I sold both. Also, there is no advantage to iOS when using ROON.

I'm actually using the AK SP1K as a ROON-ready DAP connected to my Samsung Flip 5G phone, iPad Pro, and a Samsung Tab S7 to control the Roon app. It works FLAWLESSLY with NO CABLES on my network.

I came back to this thread because I was curious if Chord has fixed the connectivity/consistency issues with their MojoPoly unit - apparently, it's still a NoGo. And the fact that they still came out with the Hugo 2 version (2Go) is somewhat perplexing. Now, I'm curious if the 2Go unit has similar issues.
As a current owner of both poly/mojo and Hugo 2/2go, I can say that the Roon performance is the same and consistent. The Roon iOS app is the issue being buggy as heck and crashing randomly.

As for other other non Roon issues, 2 go is still more buggy than the poly. However, the gap is very narrow and the overall experiences with both is vastly improved.

I have my poly/mojo as a portable solution connected to Stellia using a NAS as the Roon core and whatever device is in my hand or in front as the controller (android, iOS, Mac, PC, etc..). Hugo 2/2 go is on my dedicated system. I wouldn't replace them for anything else. They came out with the 2go for people like me who wanted a more dedicated chord streamer/DAC connected to a fixed system. The desktop mode is key. I'm relatively assured that the batteries won't swell or excessively degrade (unlike Mojo) being plugged in 24/7. Now with the the 2yu, you can use the 2go with any DAC. Yes, there are cheaper/better/other options, but this is the Chord thread. :)

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #16,355 of 18,835
I was thinking to buy the combo but without Spotify connect it’s kind of a joke.
Poly is not as good a pairing with Android O/S as with IOS. Although there has never been a perfect time with Poly and either.

I don't normally give advice, but in this case... Avoid Poly. I say this as a long time owner who has been lurking here for years and used it with both mobile O/S

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #16,356 of 18,835
Poly is not as good a pairing with Android O/S as with IOS. Although there has never been a perfect time with Poly and either.

I don't normally give advice, but in this case... Avoid Poly. I say this as a long time owner who has been lurking here for years and used it with both mobile O/S
I am an apple user but no Spotify connect, no deal. Apart from that and lets say I don't need Spotify connect, how it sounds?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #16,357 of 18,835
I am an apple user but no Spotify connect, no deal. Apart from that and lets say I don't need Spotify connect, how it sounds?
I am guessing you mean Mojo? My ears have been subjected to loud piercing sounds since my teens. I shy away from giving sound impressions any more because what might sound like angels in a choir to me might not for you

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #16,359 of 18,835
I'd say that if you have tried mojo with good sources, it sounds as good with poly; if you plan to use an SD card, it does step up the quality. I would not recommend it for Spotify (even if we get connect). In my experience listening to Spotify through mojo, it's not good enough. (I use Roon + Tidal & personal library, but that's me) Poly is worth it because I can take my library with me anywhere without issues other than the usage of an MPD player. Streaming is amazing through Roon.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #16,360 of 18,835
I'd say that if you have tried mojo with good sources, it sounds as good with poly; if you plan to use an SD card, it does step up the quality. I would not recommend it for Spotify (even if we get connect). In my experience listening to Spotify through mojo, it's not good enough. (I use Roon + Tidal & personal library, but that's me) Poly is worth it because I can take my library with me anywhere without issues other than the usage of an MPD player. Streaming is amazing through Roon.
Thanks but Spotify connect is an absolute must because I want the equipment to be accessible to everyone in the house and guests. SQ is good enough when I am out and now with CD quality coming up will be good enough universally. I will cancel all my subscriptions and only keep Spotify. Therefore Spotify connect is necessary.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #16,361 of 18,835
Thanks but Spotify connect is an absolute must because I want the equipment to be accessible to everyone in the house and guests. SQ is good enough when I am out and now with CD quality coming up will be good enough universally. I will cancel all my subscriptions and only keep Spotify. Therefore Spotify connect is necessary.
Spotify and Tidal connect implemented into the Poly and 2Go would solve most of the problems I have with these products. Better networking would be the other issue that would be nice to fix by making easier to connect to all modern networks

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #16,362 of 18,835
Spotify and Tidal connect implemented into the Poly and 2Go would solve most of the problems I have with these products. Better networking would be the other issue that would be nice to fix by making easier to connect to all modern networks
If they do Spotify connect I am sold. I am pretty sure that will work perfectly well with Audirvana and as a dedicated streamer/server. Spotify connect takes it to the masses. I have Qobuz but lets be honest, who knows Qobuz, Tidal, Roon and the likes? Nobody from my family and friends know any of these services but guess what, they all know Spotify and honestly with lossless CD quality coming I think I am done with streaming. just the fact that you can interact, share music and playlists with other Spotify users makes is so diverse and a way to share and receive great new music. Spotify moving to live concerts and more will be beyond streaming while the rest will be streaming providers.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #16,363 of 18,835
I'm really disappointed in my poly to be honest. I use it mostly with roon which works flawlessly but only when you are in direct linesight of your WiFi router. For something that costs £600 RRP it should be flawless no matter what your use case is.

I tend to use the mojo on its own mostly with a chromecast audio optical, or usb connection to my smartphone. Still using roon but the £15 Chromecast audio has better range than the £600 poly.

Jul 28, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #16,364 of 18,835
I'm really disappointed in my poly to be honest. I use it mostly with roon which works flawlessly but only when you are in direct linesight of your WiFi router. For something that costs £600 RRP it should be flawless no matter what your use case is.

I tend to use the mojo on its own mostly with a chromecast audio optical, or usb connection to my smartphone. Still using roon but the £15 Chromecast audio has better range than the £600 poly.
My two Chromecast Audios are the hardest-working and best value purchases that I've ever made in hifi. When push came to shove, I chose the CCA over my Poly every day of the week.

Jul 28, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #16,365 of 18,835
I see a new version of GoFigure for iOS was released. Version 2.10

Release notes:
Improved special character handling for playlist generation and song name display.
Allow manual selection of hidden SSID’s.
Bug fixes for Poly radio station handling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back