Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 28, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #16,366 of 19,006
I see a new version of GoFigure for iOS was released. Version 2.10

Release notes:
Improved special character handling for playlist generation and song name display.
Allow manual selection of hidden SSID’s.
Bug fixes for Poly radio station handling.
This seems to have fixed the slow connection problem. Connecting in about 20 seconds now.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #16,368 of 19,006
Hi - I have been using the mojo poly with headphones as bedside wireless streamer for the last 6 months. It’s been pretty much bulletproof with mconnect or airplay. But….. turned on this morning and the iPad couldn’t find the poly through any apps or generally as a Bluetooth device. I thought it just needed a charge so duly left it plugged in for a few hours whilst out at work. The problem continues however! I have noticed that the p status led is not lighting up As well.

Bar/ before taking back to the seller for a replacement poly (mojo is working fine on it’s own) I thought I would ask you guys if it was worth trying anything to-get it back again before returning.

Suggestions greatly received.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #16,369 of 19,006
Hi - I have been using the mojo poly with headphones as bedside wireless streamer for the last 6 months. It’s been pretty much bulletproof with mconnect or airplay. But….. turned on this morning and the iPad couldn’t find the poly through any apps or generally as a Bluetooth device. I thought it just needed a charge so duly left it plugged in for a few hours whilst out at work. The problem continues however! I have noticed that the p status led is not lighting up As well.

Bar/ before taking back to the seller for a replacement poly (mojo is working fine on it’s own) I thought I would ask you guys if it was worth trying anything to-get it back again before returning.

Suggestions greatly received.

You've probably thought of these steps, but just in case....

If there is no p.status light on, I'd think the battery is dead. Plug in the Poly by itself (no mojo) and leave it charging for a couple of hours to see if it fully charged.

If the battery has power, then check GoFigure to see if it is finding any networks. If it is connected to the right network, check from the router end and see if the router shows the Poly as connected.

If the the Poly is showing up, next I'd try restarting your router while the Poly is off. Turn on the Poly and see if it connects.

If it is still not working, report back here with as much details as possible.

hth

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #16,370 of 19,006
You've probably thought of these steps, but just in case....

If there is no p.status light on, I'd think the battery is dead. Plug in the Poly by itself (no mojo) and leave it charging for a couple of hours to see if it fully charged.

If the battery has power, then check GoFigure to see if it is finding any networks. If it is connected to the right network, check from the router end and see if the router shows the Poly as connected.

If the the Poly is showing up, next I'd try restarting your router while the Poly is off. Turn on the Poly and see if it connects.

If it is still not working, report back here with as much details as possible.

hth
Thanks for this. Charging the poly separate has done the trick ~ should have thought of that 👍

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #16,374 of 19,006
Yes. Left it there for 15 min by itself but nothing. When it died it had 70% battery charge
I'd like to offer a couple of suggestions before you pack it up. If you have been using a smart charger, switch to a plain, old, "dumb" charger. Ideally, the charger that came with the mojo. Then I'd let it charge for at least a couple of hours (without the mojo). If there's still no p-status light, time to grab the packing tape... hth

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #16,376 of 19,006
No Poly does not come with a charger, I use a Anker Power Bank to charge mine and Mojo, I once tried to use a normal Apple Plug and they wouldn’t charge. Also look at the charging recommendations my Chord.

F26CACC4-E770-40B4-A12A-6902DA37EDC4.png

Aug 2, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #16,377 of 19,006
I'd like to offer a couple of suggestions before you pack it up. If you have been using a smart charger, switch to a plain, old, "dumb" charger. Ideally, the charger that came with the mojo. Then I'd let it charge for at least a couple of hours (without the mojo). If there's still no p-status light, time to grab the packing tape... hth
Thanks but I buy things expecting that will work. Not time for experiments. Already packed up and ready to go. Also mojo doesn’t come with a charger. I’ve been using the one from iPad.

Aug 2, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #16,379 of 19,006
:) Did you not read the 1093 pages in this thread or the 379 pages in the 2Go thread, don't buy a Chord streamer (or frankly any streamer) without expecting to have to do a bit of experimentation to get it to work exactly to your needs.
I am a consumer not a scientist. I buy something, read the manual and use it. If it doesn’t work then it’s broken. Also there is no “explanation”. It doesn’t charge and it doesn’t start up. Basically dead

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #16,380 of 19,006
I am a consumer not a scientist. I buy something, read the manual and use it. If it doesn’t work then it’s broken. Also there is no “explanation”. It doesn’t charge and it doesn’t start up. Basically dead
Have you ever charged it since you bought it? If not, it is likely the charger or the cable is not suitable. As @rwelles suggested, a dumb charger may work better than a smart one if the battery is completely drained, although I doubt that an iPad charger is smart.

Edit: Also the P-status light does not come on for a while if the battery is completely drained.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back