Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 4, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #15,271 of 18,990
Mike, I'm just wondering how am I going to leave Poly switched on... Mojo shuts down after a few minutes.
Sorry to hear about your issues. As Mike has said if you contact our support email address we will do our best to help. If Poly is locked up then the P status light will be on all the time even when Mojo is off. Just leave it like this until the battery runs out and then plug the charger in and try it again.

May 4, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #15,273 of 18,990
Sorry to hear about your issues. As Mike has said if you contact our support email address we will do our best to help. If Poly is locked up then the P status light will be on all the time even when Mojo is off. Just leave it like this until the battery runs out and then plug the charger in and try it again.
No, that is not the case, sorry. The light is solid blue (always), but just with the Mojo turned on. With the Mojo turned off there's no light.

Reset/config button doesn't work (it worked perfectly).

I'm charging them now separately.

Will be contacting soon via email if it doesn't work after correct charging verification.

P.S. I've updated the firmware 3 months ago or so and haven't used it since. I suspect I have an FW issue, so the device is bricked due to an FW corruption or bad installation.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #15,274 of 18,990
Hello,
There is a way to control poly with Apple Watch ?
I don't find any app on Watch OS 6.
Thank you !

I've tried mconnect, Rigelian, and Glider. Only Glider allows for control by the Apple Watch. However, Glider stopped development about a year ago, so it's a bit funky. I still use it cuz it has the best UI.

May 4, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #15,275 of 18,990
em if I was going to get a better or similar sound quality, I'd love a massive difference but feel I may need to go further into a credit card and Chord's product lineup to get that.

Is there anyone else who has similar Schiit products and a Mojo? If so what are the differences between the two? Am I likely to notice a difference in sound quality? Finally, am I likely to start saying the name Dave in my sleep and start saving for the big boy?

Thanks

I recently got a pair of RAAL-requisite SR1a headphones and a Jot-R and thought I would compare my mojopoly to my Gumby. I used my Kenzie Encore as a preamp into the Jot-R. My takeaway was that I was really impressed with how the mojopoly held up to the microrendu>Gumby. I prefered the microrendu>Gumby but there is a big price difference and, of course, the issue of portability.

May 5, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #15,276 of 18,990
Yes via BLE it would take a very long time to display the tracks. It's something we have on our development roadmap to work on an alternative solution but we are not there yet.
I wish that Poly could utilise the power of its full fat Bluetooth connection for such data transfer / control rather than using it for A2DP or SBC, or at least have the option. Wouldn't be an issue then.

May 5, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #15,277 of 18,990
I recently got a pair of RAAL-requisite SR1a headphones and a Jot-R and thought I would compare my mojopoly to my Gumby. I used my Kenzie Encore as a preamp into the Jot-R. My takeaway was that I was really impressed with how the mojopoly held up to the microrendu>Gumby. I prefered the microrendu>Gumby but there is a big price difference and, of course, the issue of portability.

What did you prefer about the Gumby? Can you compare the two setups? Thanks!

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #15,278 of 18,990

Thanks, yeah portability is the main thing for me, I'll be keeping the Mimby and Vali for my desk and using Mojo/Poly when moving around the house (on the sofa reading for example) and for when travelling.I work from home so spent 8/9 hours per day at my desk listening on that setup but the Mojo/Poly has the attraction of combining my three boxes (pi, dac, amp) into one. I realise I won't get the slight tube sound that the Vali gives me but want to be sure that quality wise it's going to be as good if not better than the Mimby.

May 7, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #15,280 of 18,990
Does anyone know if I connect my iPhone to the Mojo/Poly via airplay and I turn off my phone screen does the music stop playing? If so, is there any workaround to this?

I am primarily looking to stream Roon and Tidal to the Poly from my iPhone XS on the go (bus, train, plane, etc) with either the poly or my phone as a hotspot.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #15,281 of 18,990
Does anyone know if I connect my iPhone to the Mojo/Poly via airplay and I turn off my phone screen does the music stop playing? If so, is there any workaround to this?

I am primarily looking to stream Room and Tidal to the Poly from my iPhone XS on the go (bus, train, plane, etc) with either the poly or my phone as a hotspot.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
no, it doesn't stop playing when the screen turns off. when your screen locks, and then you raise to wake, you may even see the mini player widget to pause\play depending on what music app you were using to listen with.

May 7, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #15,282 of 18,990
no, it doesn't stop playing when the screen turns off. when your screen locks, and then you raise to wake, you may even see the mini player widget to pause\play depending on what music app you were using to listen with.

Thank you for your reply! I just asked John Darko on YouTube and he says the music stops when the screen locks with Airplay... no idea why he said that lol.

Guess this clears it up. Time to pull the trigger on the Poly. Much needed in times of isolation.

May 7, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #15,283 of 18,990
Thank you for your reply! I just asked John Darko on YouTube and he says it locks with Airplay...

Guess this clears it up. Time to pull the trigger on the Poly. Much needed in times of isolation.
ok, maybe he means, the phone locks, but the music continues ? Anyway you wont regret it, i know people with mscaler, tt2, who still think mojo-poly is musically amazing (including me), so you cant go wrong for the money spent.

May 7, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #15,284 of 18,990
ok, maybe he means, the phone locks, but the music continues ? Anyway you wont regret it, i know people with mscaler, tt2, who still think mojo-poly is musically amazing (including me), so you cant go wrong for the money spent.

I mean he says when the iPhone screen turns off the music will stop as well (with Airplay). Perhaps he is wrong as I believe he only had the Poly for a short period for a review.

I much rather trust actual owners of the unit like yourself. So if indeed the music keeps playing with my phone screen turned off then I am a happy camper.

May 7, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #15,285 of 18,990
I wish that Poly could utilise the power of its full fat Bluetooth connection for such data transfer / control rather than using it for A2DP or SBC, or at least have the option. Wouldn't be an issue then.
We've started work on a new Gofigure connection option using WiFi. This will give us the opportunity to show track information and allow for a more enhanced player in the future whilst still allowing for full resolution playback which Bluetooth can't offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back