Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 1, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #15,257 of 19,010
@Matt Bartlett I appreciate the continued dialog but unfortunately I have to strongly disagree with this assessment. As I mentioned, the glitching/stuttering I observe during Airplay playback is nearly the same, although sometimes more extreme, as what occurs when indexing an SD card. Additionally, there are a couple of important things that don't align with the above.
  1. The files I'm streaming to Poly from Apple Music are albums/songs that have been downloaded to my iPhone for offline use which eliminates the ISP concern.
  2. My Router/Gateway (Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway) is an enterprise grade product which utilizes a dual core processor w/ Hardware Acceleration for Packet Processing capable of supporting a large number of wired and wireless clients. This is admittedly overkill for a household of 2 adults and 2 toddlers (who don't use wifi).
  3. The Wireless Access Point (Ubiquiti Unifi AP AC PRO) is also an enterprise grade product with Dual-Radio 3x3 802.11ac MIMO wifi, again capable of supporting a large number of wireless clients but used by only my wife and I. Additionally, I am less than 20 feet away w/ near perfect signal strength on my devices.
  4. Specs aside, I have KEF LSX speakers and other Airplay enabled audio clients in my home that I have used for a long time (and continue to use daily) and none of them have ever exhibited these symptoms.
One other thing to note, I did file a Support request via the Chord website but have not received a response. At this point, my goal is to understand if this particular Poly is defective or if this is to be expected with the product itself.

Regards,
Rob
Hi Rob. Thanks for the extra information that is really useful. Sorry you didn't get a response from our support team. Did you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk or did you use our web form. In either case if you don't mind emailing directly we can take this up directly. It would be helpful to know that if you have the option to put Poly in the same location as your Kef LSX whether you get the same stuttering issue.

May 1, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #15,258 of 19,010
Hi Rob. Thanks for the extra information that is really useful. Sorry you didn't get a response from our support team. Did you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk or did you use our web form. In either case if you don't mind emailing directly we can take this up directly. It would be helpful to know that if you have the option to put Poly in the same location as your Kef LSX whether you get the same stuttering issue.

Thanks @Matt Bartlett, appreciate it. No worries, I did use the web form but before I shoot an email over I'm doing some additional testing. Here's what I found today:
  • I use a Logitech MX Keys (Keyboard) and MX Master 3 (Mouse) which use a 2.4Ghz wireless "unifying receiver" USB adapter
  • I can induce the stuttering, quite severely w/ drop outs lasting many seconds, by spinning the mouse wheel and placing it next to my Mojo+Poly
  • I do most of my listening while working at my desk, so Poly is typically in pretty close proximity (~1ft or so) to my Keyboard and Mouse
  • Because Poly uses 2.4Ghz for its wifi connection, I suspect that I'm experiencing interference on that frequency which is causing the stuttering
  • In my opinion, Poly seems much more sensitive to this interference than other devices. As I mentioned I have KEF LSX speakers and those are within the same (roughly) proximity to my Keyboard and Mouse.
  • Anyway, I've switched the Logitech devices over to Bluetooth mode and having removed the 2.4Ghz wireless "unifying receiver" adapter from my computer I am going to see how things go
  • I'll also see if I have any other 2.4Ghz devices (my iPhone and iMac use 5Ghz) around that might cause similar issues

Thanks again, if you wouldn't mind commenting is this type of interference a typical issue/concern for Poly? Aside from eliminating other devices that use 2.4Ghz from my household is there anything I can do to make it more stable?

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #15,259 of 19,010
Thanks @Matt Bartlett, appreciate it. No worries, I did use the web form but before I shoot an email over I'm doing some additional testing. Here's what I found today:
  • I use a Logitech MX Keys (Keyboard) and MX Master 3 (Mouse) which use a 2.4Ghz wireless "unifying receiver" USB adapter
  • I can induce the stuttering, quite severely w/ drop outs lasting many seconds, by spinning the mouse wheel and placing it next to my Mojo+Poly
  • I do most of my listening while working at my desk, so Poly is typically in pretty close proximity (~1ft or so) to my Keyboard and Mouse
  • Because Poly uses 2.4Ghz for its wifi connection, I suspect that I'm experiencing interference on that frequency which is causing the stuttering
  • In my opinion, Poly seems much more sensitive to this interference than other devices. As I mentioned I have KEF LSX speakers and those are within the same (roughly) proximity to my Keyboard and Mouse.
  • Anyway, I've switched the Logitech devices over to Bluetooth mode and having removed the 2.4Ghz wireless "unifying receiver" adapter from my computer I am going to see how things go
  • I'll also see if I have any other 2.4Ghz devices (my iPhone and iMac use 5Ghz) around that might cause similar issues

Thanks again, if you wouldn't mind commenting is this type of interference a typical issue/concern for Poly? Aside from eliminating other devices that use 2.4Ghz from my household is there anything I can do to make it more stable?
I can't remember any other posts about interference from keyboards or mice.
For wifi you should be able to choose from 16 channel frequencies, so choosing channels that no other devices (or neighbours) are using, can often remove problems.

May 2, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #15,260 of 19,010
I could use some help b4 sending this piece of junk to warranty.

My Poly worked for a couple times, then I got a new DAP and the Poly has been in the box for about 2 months.

The other day I've decided to give it another listen and it does not connect. The reset button where you listen to that voice guiding you thru the various modes, stoped working. It's dead silent. The Poly has the blue light, though, but does nothing. It charges, etc, but I can't reset it, I can't do anything.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #15,261 of 19,010
I could use some help b4 sending this piece of junk to warranty.

My Poly worked for a couple times, then I got a new DAP and the Poly has been in the box for about 2 months.

The other day I've decided to give it another listen and it does not connect. The reset button where you listen to that voice guiding you thru the various modes, stoped working. It's dead silent. The Poly has the blue light, though, but does nothing. It charges, etc, but I can't reset it, I can't do anything.
What version of the firmware is Poly using?
With some of the early firmware versions, the Poly could inexplicably get 'bricked' and display the blue light.
The solution is to leave Poly switched on, and let the battery run down to empty.
This will reset the Poly, and you should be able to get it working again.

If you are still using a really old firmware version, then follow the instructions in this FAQ, to update to the latest firmware version, which works much better.
Alternatively email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and they can talk you through the process.

May 3, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #15,262 of 19,010
With some of the early firmware versions, the Poly could inexplicably get 'bricked' and display the blue light.
The solution is to leave Poly switched on, and let the battery run down to empty.

If you are still using a really old firmware version, then follow the instructions in this FAQ, to update to the latest firmware version, which works much better.
Alternatively email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and they can talk you through the process.
Oh man, you're the best!!! Thanks so much :wink:

May 3, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #15,264 of 19,010
I was wondering, I've decided to come back to poly and it is a lot sleeker than what it was when it first came out.

My question is, I put a good few albums onto my sd card, each album was in it's own folder, I then used cantata to connect to polys sd card and made a playlist for each album.

I open gofigure and I can see the playlists ( each album is a folder and I can see the folders name in gofigure ) and they work and I can hear music, however, I can't physically see the tracks that are inside said folder / playlist, if I want to play a certain track, I have to scroll through the "next track" icon.

Is there a way to see all the tracks that are inside a folder / playlist in gofigure?

May 3, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #15,265 of 19,010

Mike, I'm just wondering how am I going to leave Poly switched on... Mojo shuts down after a few minutes.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #15,266 of 19,010

Thanks for the update. Yes that is interesting. I don't remember any other customers with a similar problem but it is definitely something to add to our FAQ's.

May 4, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #15,267 of 19,010
Hi all,

Firstly, this thread is absolutely massive so I've not it all, I thought I'd try here and hope my post doesn't get lost in it before starting a new thread.

I'm considering the gateway drug to Chord and looking a Mojo / Poly combo. This would be my first Chord product but I'm keen to see what all the hype is about. As I live in the same town as both Chord and Kef I should be a total fanboy for both but historically budget has kept me away from both brands.

I was looking at DAPs such as the Fiio M11 but I'm not a great lover of Android, I'd been hoping to be able to use the SD card for music in a DAP when on the go using IEMs and use it as a roon endpoint when at home. I currently have a modest Head-Fi setup on my desk at home consisting of a Raspberry pi 3, JustBoom digi HAT, Schiit Modi Multibit, Schiit Vali2 and Sennheiser HD650s (along with a selection of other lower priced headphones).

With the current lockdown rules the ability to take my headphones to either a shop or CanJam even and test a Mojo/Poly isn't possible, I'm hoping that someone with some experience can help advise me. I realise the Schiit (both Multibit and tube) are completely different technologies to the FPGA and solid state amps that are present in the Mojo, however, I'd only consider buying them if I was going to get a better or similar sound quality, I'd love a massive difference but feel I may need to go further into a credit card and Chord's product lineup to get that.

Is there anyone else who has similar Schiit products and a Mojo? If so what are the differences between the two? Am I likely to notice a difference in sound quality? Finally, am I likely to start saying the name Dave in my sleep and start saving for the big boy?

Thanks

May 4, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #15,269 of 19,010
I was wondering, I've decided to come back to poly and it is a lot sleeker than what it was when it first came out.

My question is, I put a good few albums onto my sd card, each album was in it's own folder, I then used cantata to connect to polys sd card and made a playlist for each album.

I open gofigure and I can see the playlists ( each album is a folder and I can see the folders name in gofigure ) and they work and I can hear music, however, I can't physically see the tracks that are inside said folder / playlist, if I want to play a certain track, I have to scroll through the "next track" icon.

Is there a way to see all the tracks that are inside a folder / playlist in gofigure?
no, theres no way to view the contents of a playlist within go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back