Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 7, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #15,286 of 18,821
I mean he says when the iPhone screen turns off the music will stop as well (with Airplay). Perhaps he is wrong as I believe he only had the Poly for a short period for a review.

I much rather trust actual owners of the unit like yourself. So if indeed the music keeps playing with my phone screen turned off then I am a happy camper.
Yes I can confirm that with Airplay the music will continue to play even when your phone is locked. I have the Apple watch so when I'm out and about Mojo/Poly goes in my bag, my phone goes in my pocket and I just use the controls on my watch to play the music. I think in most cases all music player apps continue to play when the screen is locked whether you use Airplay, DLNA or MPD.

May 7, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #15,287 of 18,821
Thanks for the reassurance,
Yes I can confirm that with Airplay the music will continue to play even when your phone is locked. I have the Apple watch so when I'm out and about Mojo/Poly goes in my bag, my phone goes in my pocket and I just use the controls on my watch to play the music. I think in most cases all music player apps continue to play when the screen is locked whether you use Airplay, DLNA or MPD.

Thanks for the reassurance, Matt!

May 7, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #15,289 of 18,821
Hi,
I can't see you streaming Roon "on the go" unfortunately unless you have a mobile Roon core.

Sorry I meant Roon for home and Tidal on the go with Airplay

May 7, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #15,291 of 18,821
We've started work on a new Gofigure connection option using WiFi. This will give us the opportunity to show track information and allow for a more enhanced player in the future whilst still allowing for full resolution playback which Bluetooth can't offer.

You know something, I read your post regarding my post about playlists etc and I was going to ask, "if ble is too slow, why not do it via wifi" ?

I'd be happy for gofigure to be the only player that I need to use with poly, as I can be arsed messing about with all the different apps out there.

It would also be cool if you can find a decent url for the bbc world service, as at times they have cool stories, like painting houses with ira murals, a merry chechen xmas, corrupt cops in kenya selling elephant tusks, and was Alexander Litvinenko really poisoned by the fsb ?

May 7, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #15,292 of 18,821
You know something, I read your post regarding my post about playlists etc and I was going to ask, "if ble is too slow, why not do it via wifi" ?

I'd be happy for gofigure to be the only player that I need to use with poly, as I can be arsed messing about with all the different apps out there.

It would also be cool if you can find a decent url for the bbc world service, as at times they have cool stories, like painting houses with ira murals, a merry chechen xmas, corrupt cops in kenya selling elephant tusks, and was Alexander Litvinenko really poisoned by the fsb ?
You can browse for radio in roon and you can see the url for the station there too.

May 7, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #15,293 of 18,821
You can browse for radio in roon and you can see the url for the station there too.

I did find a url, but the quality was worse than radio 1 etc, it's a pity that we can't use roon outside. For the price I paid for roon, well I will just stop here, as I'm likely to say things like junk, tickle and bu.........

May 7, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #15,294 of 18,821
I did find a url, but the quality was worse than radio 1 etc, it's a pity that we can't use roon outside. For the price I paid for roon, well I will just stop here, as I'm likely to say things like junk, tickle and bu.........
If it was legit source you’d imagine it would be very good what with the bbc license fee - what was the url?

May 7, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #15,295 of 18,821
Does anyone know whether AIFF files not being recognised by go figure app has been rectified yet? I have a lot of AIFF albums.

”If you are using AIFF files, these will not be recognised. There is an update that we have just installed on 2go, that will next be installed on Poly that will allow AIFF files via DLNA.”

May 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #15,296 of 18,821
Does anyone know whether AIFF files not being recognised by go figure app has been rectified yet? I have a lot of AIFF albums.

”If you are using AIFF files, these will not be recognised. There is an update that we have just installed on 2go, that will next be installed on Poly that will allow AIFF files via DLNA.”
That would require an update to the Poly firmware.

Matt usually posts a communication when an update has been released, and I have not seen such a post yet.

Edit - just checked the FAQ and that shows v2.0.4 as the last update. There is always the risk that the web page might not be updated immediately, but since Matt has not posted a communication, i think v2.0.4 is still the current version.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #15,297 of 18,821
That would require an update to the Poly firmware.

Matt usually posts a communication when an update has been released, and I have not seen such a post yet.

Edit - just checked the FAQ and that shows v2.0.4 as the last update. There is always the risk that the web page might not be updated immediately, but since Matt has not posted a communication, i think v2.0.4 is still the current version.
Thanks. I wonder if Matt could give an idea of the timeline?

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #15,299 of 18,821
Thanks. I wonder if Matt could give an idea of the timeline?
Hi @jobyfam
Currently AIFF playback is only available via MPD software such as MALP or MPDluxe. I can't give you a date for an update yet as it depends on quite a lot of new programming. The intention is to complete some more work on 2Go first and then as soon as that is done we will go back to Poly to prepare an update for that. Given the current working restrictions then it is difficult to anticipate when that will be but I would hope we can start in the next few weeks.

May 11, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #15,300 of 18,821
Hi @jobyfam
Currently AIFF playback is only available via MPD software such as MALP or MPDluxe. I can't give you a date for an update yet as it depends on quite a lot of new programming. The intention is to complete some more work on 2Go first and then as soon as that is done we will go back to Poly to prepare an update for that. Given the current working restrictions then it is difficult to anticipate when that will be but I would hope we can start in the next few weeks.
Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back