Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 7, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #4,771 of 6,288
as one who owns the dave, the blu2, the hugo 2 and mojo and who pre ordered the 2 go I truly dont know why people put up with this absurdity
It’s a bit like golf. We suffer with bad shot after bad shot until we finally get the perfect swing and contact with the ball and we want to do that again but we can’t. When it works right, the sound is glorious.

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #4,772 of 6,288
This is the exact behavior I experienced. It only started working after I thought I killed it and held down the configuration button for about 30 seconds and it appeared to reboot the 2go. Now it works as it is supposed to work.

Successful, issues has been resolved. instead of factory reseting it again I re-ran the setup wizard. That solved the airplay issues.
Mahalo for your assistance! Back in business, no I can continue to use Tidal and Mora Qualitas.

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #4,773 of 6,288
Networking is very complicated and confusing. What I claim about Airplay is true. It was indeed designed as a wireless wifi communication protocol for Apple devices to stream to each other on a wifi network. But, as the product was used, it had to be modified based on how its customers were using it. First, they had to enhance it to support point to point connections. They accommodated this through an enhancement called Peer-to-peer Airplay.

https://appletoolbox.com/connect-appletv-without-wifi-how-to/

This allowed 2 devices to use the Airplay protocols to transfer data without a network. It does so by using Bluetooth to set up a point to point connection that is actually a wifi direct connection. It's still wifi, just not networked.

Ethernet is just a connection medium or lower level protocol stack. The actual original requirement was that the end points be on the same local area network. You can be on a local area network by wifi or ethernet. You just need a router than can assign IP addresses like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.10. Since it was originally designed for wifi, there are some quirks in using ethernet. When Airplay starts up, it looks for the devices on wifi. If there is no wifi network, then it looks to ethernet. Sometimes you need to forget the wifi networks so that airplay knows to look for devices on ethernet. This part can fail and is a non-standard part of the protocol which is why it doesn't always work properly Airplay works best when it is used as originally designed which is when the end points are on a common wifi network.

The A2DP issue is simply a reality that there are devices out there that an Apple device needs to send data to. A2DP was a hack that enables Airplay users to be able to see their bluetooth and airplay receivers on the same menu. Can you imagine if you needed to search in 2 different places to connect to Bluetooth speakers vs. headphones? It was a technical accommodation to meet an end user need even though it technically doesn't use the Airplay transfer protocols.

None of this contradicts my initial assertion that Airplay only operates over Wifi. It either works over a wifi network or uses Wifi direct over a point to point connection.

When the 2go is connected via Ethernet, it is NOT connected via Wi-Fi. Airplay cannot determine whether the receiving devices is connected via Wi-Fi or ethernet... it makes zero difference over a network of either kind. I can confirm, absolutely, that Airplay works over a wired network, as I have TWO OTHER streamers here that are ONLY connected via ethernet, and can receive audio using Airplay.

IMG_C55B1CBB82D3-1.jpeg
All but the Apple TV are only connected to wired networks, and Apple Music does NOT use DLNA.

I think you're confusing a bunch of things in your posts, some regarding the original Airplay, and how it worked with Apple's Airport Express, as well as Bluetooth headphones, neither of which apply to the 2go. There is neither any evidence, nor any reason for a wired network audio stream of any kind to also have to use wireless or Bluetooth to function.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #4,774 of 6,288
Did you hear this from Chord directly, or from your dealer perhaps? My dealer said that Chord is in lockdown again and we won’t see the 2yu until the end of the first quarter 2021. I only ask because I hear conflicting things about the 2yu release. Thanks.
I had the email below from Ed Selley a couple of days ago.

Ed Selley said:
Realistically, this will be on hold until the new year now.

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,775 of 6,288
I had the email below from Ed Selley a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the reply. Moon Audio in the U.S. has it listed as available as soon as 12/28/20. I'm thinking that it will be later in the first quarter 2021.

Dec 9, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #4,777 of 6,288
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #4,778 of 6,288
Did you hear this from Chord directly, or from your dealer perhaps? My dealer said that Chord is in lockdown again and we won’t see the 2yu until the end of the first quarter 2021. I only ask because I hear conflicting things about the 2yu release. Thanks.

I'm certain @Rob Watts could set the record straight on this. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 2yu as I am hoping to pair 2go + 2yu to feed my Qutest so I can kick my PC music server to the curb. Launch day can't come fast enough...

Dec 14, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #4,779 of 6,288
I'm certain @Rob Watts could set the record straight on this. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 2yu as I am hoping to pair 2go + 2yu to feed my Qutest so I can kick my PC music server to the curb. Launch day can't come fast enough...

would be surprised if @Rob Watts did chime in. Not his product best I know. Pretty sure he has limited comments on 2go if I recall.

Dec 14, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #4,782 of 6,288
Ah! That's news to me. Learn something new every day. :)
Still, I imagine he might chat with the folks who are responsible now and again.
Rob is not a Chord employee, he is their external digital/dac consultant designer, and has nothing to do with the streamer designs.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-15478330

Inevitably he will chat with those involved, but he does post that he will not divulge future launch/shipping dates, or any commercial data.

Take anything you read on the Moon website with a big pinch of salt. They have a long track record of posting things are in stock, months before they start shipping.
Also remember that the UK government have stated many times that the winter months are going to be very difficult, because of covid and brexit.
British manufacturing will have a difficult start to the year, so I think the 'chord' guesstimate of maybe end Q1, feels the earliest optimistic date to me, because anything earlier feels very optimistic.

It would be nice to be proved wrong, so who knows.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #4,783 of 6,288
So i’m still stumped as to gore to play tidal to there 2go. What does entering your total credentials in gofigure do? I’m connected to 2go over bluetooth but tidal app in ios doesn’t give 2go as an option to stream from.

On iOS, play via AirPlay. Go to the streaming options in the Tidal app and your 2go should be there (as long as both your source device and the 2go are on the same Wifi network).

If you don't want the AirPlay bandwidth cap, you'll have to use a third-party app like Roon.

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #4,784 of 6,288
On iOS, play via AirPlay. Go to the streaming options in the Tidal app and your 2go should be there (as long as both your source device and the 2go are on the same Wifi network).

If you don't want the AirPlay bandwidth cap, you'll have to use a third-party app like Roon.
Thanks but yes i'm against airplay. So what is the point of logging in to tidal with gofigure?? Does this get used by Rigelian or similar? Roon wouldn't use it as it has it's own login for Roon.

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #4,785 of 6,288
Thanks but yes i'm against airplay. So what is the point of logging in to tidal with gofigure?? Does this get used by Rigelian or similar? Roon wouldn't use it as it has it's own login for Roon.

It's addressed in Chord's Streamer FAQ, see here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

"Gofigure does not directly offer the ability to playback content from Tidal or Qobuz, however, if you are unable to use AirPlay or your DLNA/UPnP app does not natively have the ability to stream your music from Tidal or Spotify accounts to Poly, then Gofigure offers a functional alternative. By entering your Tidal or Qobuz login details into Gofigure, you will be able to see content from your streaming service as hierarchical folders within your chosen DLNA/UPnP App. (Note, offline Tidal or Qobuz content cannot currently be accessed by any third-party App). The process below illustrates: "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back