Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 3, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4,741 of 6,290
The news are good from Chord :
The software of the 2yu is testing today.
My Chord Ultima 6 is constructed but the foots are missing.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #4,742 of 6,290
Just bought a 2go to go with my Hugo 2 and I love it Set up was a breeze since I already have a Mojo/poly. Was wondering if the 2go goes into desktop mode after being plugged in for 24 hours like the Hugo 2. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #4,743 of 6,290
Just bought a 2go to go with my Hugo 2 and I love it Set up was a breeze since I already have a Mojo/poly. Was wondering if the 2go goes into desktop mode after being plugged in for 24 hours like the Hugo 2. Thanks!
I don't think that the 2go goes into desktop mode but the Hugo2 definitely does. Maybe others will chime in. There is some good help here.

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #4,744 of 6,290
I don't think that the 2go goes into desktop mode but the Hugo2 definitely does. Maybe others will chime in. There is some good help here.
I've done some research since I made my original post. I see many advertisments that say the 2go has a desktop mode.

Here is what is posted on the Moon Audio site:

"Power supply: Internal battery with up-to 8hr playback. Desktop mode activated upon insertion of Micro USB charging cable). "

And listed on the main features is this for power options: Battery or Desktop mode.

I am assuming it works. I plan on using my Hugo 2 in desktop mode, so I will leave it on all the time like I do my other solid state devices. I turn my tube amp off since power tubes only have a 2000 hour life.

I have a Bluesound Node 2i streamer. Once I do A/B testing, I may just remove the 2go module and only use that when I travel and take the Hugo 2 with me. It just depends on what sounds better. I do know that the Node 2i can sample at 96 khz or more. So, it might sound better.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #4,745 of 6,290
I've done some research since I made my original post. I see many advertisments that say the 2go has a desktop mode.

Here is what is posted on the Moon Audio site:

"Power supply: Internal battery with up-to 8hr playback. Desktop mode activated upon insertion of Micro USB charging cable). "

And listed on the main features is this for power options: Battery or Desktop mode.

I am assuming it works. I plan on using my Hugo 2 in desktop mode, so I will leave it on all the time like I do my other solid state devices. I turn my tube amp off since power tubes only have a 2000 hour life.

I have a Bluesound Node 2i streamer. Once I do A/B testing, I may just remove the 2go module and only use that when I travel and take the Hugo 2 with me. It just depends on what sounds better. I do know that the Node 2i can sample at 96 khz or more. So, it might sound better.

Not that I don't trust dealer's websites, but I double-checked that on the Chord Electronics 2Go page. Yep, it says the exact same thing!

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #4,746 of 6,290
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #4,747 of 6,290
Has anyone figured out how to get the DNLA server to work on the 2go? I have the same problem as I do with my Poly which is I get a login error. It works as renderer fine with mconnect.

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #4,748 of 6,290
Has anyone experience any issues recently using airplay? I used to be able to utilize airplay from my desktop, ipad and iphone but none of the above options are working. On my desktop it doesnt even show up, and the ipad/iphone shows the 2go which connects but there is no sound/audio sampling light. It could be just me with the newer version of iOS and MacOS.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #4,749 of 6,290
Has anyone experience any issues recently using airplay? I used to be able to utilize airplay from my desktop, ipad and iphone but none of the above options are working. On my desktop it doesnt even show up, and the ipad/iphone shows the 2go which connects but there is no sound/audio sampling light. It could be just me with the newer version of iOS and MacOS.
Are you AirPlaying via a WiFi or Bluetooth connection?

If WiFi, I don’t know, except that I’ve had to ‘Reset to Factory’ and then re-add my network a few times. Also had to ‘allow’ the device in my router ‘Access Control’ settings. Amusingly, the WiFi MAC address has changed every time I reset to factory.

If Bluetooth, it’s very weird — even though the device seems to be paired, I had to pair again in the Bluetooth Control Panel — I actually see 2 paired devices, both named ‘Chord-2go-328xxx’ (the same number in both cases). I suspect that when GoFigure connects & pairs it’s to a different profile than what’s needed for AirPlay.

2019 iPad Pro running iOS 14.2.

Hope that helps.

<edit> Also, iPad volume control needs to be turned up — no sound out of H2go if iPad volume is down.</edit>

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #4,750 of 6,290
Are you AirPlaying via a WiFi or Bluetooth connection?

If WiFi, I don’t know, except that I’ve had to ‘Reset to Factory’ and then re-add my network a few times. Also had to ‘allow’ the device in my router ‘Access Control’ settings. Amusingly, the WiFi MAC address has changed every time I reset to factory.

If Bluetooth, it’s very weird — even though the device seems to be paired, I had to pair again in the Bluetooth Control Panel — I actually see 2 paired devices, both named ‘Chord-2go-328xxx’ (the same number in both cases). I suspect that when GoFigure connects & pairs it’s to a different profile than what’s needed for AirPlay.

2019 iPad Pro running iOS 14.2.

Hope that helps.

<edit> Also, iPad volume control needs to be turned up — no sound out of H2go if iPad volume is down.</edit>
Airplay only works over wifi.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #4,751 of 6,290
Airplay only works over wifi.
So you’re saying that with my Hugo2go in hotspot mode, not connected to my home Wi-Fi, and my iPad connected to my home Wi-Fi in order to pull down Spotify tracks, connected to H2go via Bluetooth, it’s still somehow doing Wi-Fi? That seems unlikely to me. I know that it doesn’t work until I do that second Bluetooth connection.

I think you’re mistaken, but I’m willing to be convinced otherwise.

BTW, when I turn off Bluetooth on my iPad it gives a warning that AirDrop, AirPlay, Find My and Location services depend on Bluetooth.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #4,752 of 6,290
So you’re saying that with my Hugo2go in hotspot mode, not connected to my home Wi-Fi, and my iPad connected to my home Wi-Fi in order to pull down Spotify tracks, connected to H2go via Bluetooth, it’s still somehow doing Wi-Fi? That seems unlikely to me. I know that it doesn’t work until I do that second Bluetooth connection.

BTW, when I turn off Bluetooth on my iPad it gives a warning that AirDrop, AirPlay, Find My and Location services depend on Bluetooth.
It’s just the way the airplay protocol works.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/blog/difference-between-airplay-bluetooth

AirPlay on the other hand, is Apple’s own proprietary Wi-Fi dependant wireless platform, allowing users to stream digital audio or video content to other AirPlay supported devices. Click here to read a previous blog about Airplay and its benefits.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #4,753 of 6,290

You have a misunderstanding on what is actually happening in the Hugo 2 and 2 go. Airplay requires both communicating end points to be on the same WiFi network. You may be confusing control with steaming. You can stream control signals over Bluetooth. But the steaming happens over WiFi with airplay.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #4,754 of 6,290
It’s just the way the airplay protocol works.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/blog/difference-between-airplay-bluetooth

AirPlay on the other hand, is Apple’s own proprietary Wi-Fi dependant wireless platform, allowing users to stream digital audio or video content to other AirPlay supported devices. Click here to read a previous blog about Airplay and its benefits.
You have a misunderstanding on what is actually happening in the Hugo 2 and 2 go. Airplay requires both communicating end points to be on the same WiFi network. You may be confusing control with steaming. You can stream control signals over Bluetooth. But the steaming happens over WiFi with airplay.
I hear you, but that doesn’t jibe with what I’m experiencing — H2go NOT connected to my home WiFi, receiving stream (Spotify) from my iPad. Doesn’t work until I pair withe the ‘second’ Bluetooth device.

Also, I see this:
Bluetooth devices (headsets, speakers) that support the A2DP profile also appear as AirPlay receivers when paired with an iOS device, although Bluetooth is a device-to-device protocol that does not rely on a wireless network access point.
... in the Wikipedia article on AirPlay:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPlay

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #4,755 of 6,290
I hear you, but that doesn’t jibe with what I’m experiencing — H2go NOT connected to my home WiFi, receiving stream (Spotify) from my iPad. Doesn’t work until I pair withe the ‘second’ Bluetooth device.

Also, I see this:

... in the Wikipedia article on AirPlay:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPlay

airplay can work point to point, but the data stream is still transmitted via WiFi. It’s just the protocol.

the 2go is the hotspot, your iPad is connect to it via WiFi and your iPad is connect via a different WiFi network to get your Spotify stream. It’s very inefficient and degraded sound quality. You want to the data stream to bypass the iPad to get the best sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back