Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 30, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #4,726 of 6,310
Does anyone know if there are plans for an iPad specific Gofigure app? Right now, the Gofigure app on the iPad is an iPhone app.

Nov 30, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,727 of 6,310
Does anyone know if there are plans for an iPad specific Gofigure app? Right now, the Gofigure app on the iPad is an iPhone app.
In prior postings people have commented on how developing and maintaining separate ios and android versions of an app is already very demanding of developer resource.

I seriously doubt therefore that an ipad version of gofigure (and, presumably, a matching android tablet version) is being considered by Chord.

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,728 of 6,310
Thanks. Got it.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #4,729 of 6,310
Creating an ipad version (and one that runs on macos M1 silicon) is not hard at all if you have designed it well. However, that doesnt seem to be the case with gofigure. So its pretty unlikely.

Dec 1, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #4,730 of 6,310
Creating an ipad version (and one that runs on macos M1 silicon) is not hard at all if you have designed it well. However, that doesnt seem to be the case with gofigure. So its pretty unlikely.

I'd assume this is well-known, but the app looks terrible on small screen phones as well (iphone SE). Texts are out of place, going out of the screen, and unreadable.

Whoever Chord is outsourcing the software development to is not doing their job. iphone apps in 2010 looked and worked better than this.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #4,731 of 6,310
My 2go has been perfectly functional since I first got it, and since I got it back. The 1st thing I did when I first received it was to update the firmware, now another update is supposedly imminent. While I'm still wondering if I made the right choice with the 2go, it's more about my personal use case for the Hugo 2/2go/{2yu}/Stellia in my hifi world than anything to do with performance.

The setup sounds great, and I consider it the current state of the art for portable audio. But compared to using that $ toward 'finishing' my main system, it's a tough call. ~$6k's a lot of $, I could've had that M Scaler with cables at the very least for this kind of $. Otoh I'm really enjoying this system, and find it easy to use even though I'm far from a network wiz. I'm glad I have it, especially while my main system is in limbo for another week or two.

The only time my 2go started disconnecting was when my Roon core (a Macbook Air that got a bit overwhelmed from multitasking) needed a restart. Once I did that, the disconnect problems stopped.

I'll be keeping it, mainly because it sounds great, but also because the resale market seems poor for high-end Focal headphones and portable Chord devices. All in all this Hugo 2/2go/{2yu}/Stellia combo is awesome, but I like my other portable setup (Mojo/Poly/Edition 8) better for actual travel. It's more compact, attracts enough attention for my tastes, and costs 50% less.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #4,732 of 6,310
My 2go has been perfectly functional since I first got it, and since I got it back. The 1st thing I did when I first received it was to update the firmware, now another update is supposedly imminent. While I'm still wondering if I made the right choice with the 2go, it's more about my personal use case for the Hugo 2/2go/{2yu}/Stellia in my hifi world than anything to do with performance.

The setup sounds great, and I consider it the current state of the art for portable audio. But compared to using that $ toward 'finishing' my main system, it's a tough call. ~$6k's a lot of $, I could've had that M Scaler with cables at the very least for this kind of $. Otoh I'm really enjoying this system, and find it easy to use even though I'm far from a network wiz. I'm glad I have it, especially while my main system is in limbo for another week or two.

The only time my 2go started disconnecting was when my Roon core (a Macbook Air that got a bit overwhelmed from multitasking) needed a restart. Once I did that, the disconnect problems stopped.

I'll be keeping it, mainly because it sounds great, but also because the resale market seems poor for high-end Focal headphones and portable Chord devices. All in all this Hugo 2/2go/{2yu}/Stellia combo is awesome, but I like my other portable setup (Mojo/Poly/Edition 8) better for actual travel. It's more compact, attracts enough attention for my tastes, and costs 50% less.

The Edition 8 is an incredibly underrated headphone IMHO.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #4,733 of 6,310
The Edition 8 is an incredibly underrated headphone IMHO.

The Edition 8 was my first foray into audiophile headphones and it served me well for years. The attached cable was a nuisance so I had mine re-terminated to be detachable. For some reason the leather ear pads shrink over time, effecting the sound quality which can easily be remedied by replacing the pads. But when they are working well, they are so light, sturdy and easy to drive and have a nice sound signature. The pairing with the Hugo was a little bright from what I remember (my Hugo broke down years ago), but the warmer Mojo made a nice pair. And back in the day when phones had headphone jacks - the Edition 8 sounded pretty darn good out of them too.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #4,734 of 6,310
Yes the Edition 8 represents an old itch that I had to scratch. Without getting too into it, I had a brand new set back in the day, around 15 years ago I think. The transducers were popped by a faulty amp. They were replaced under warranty, and the warranty guy offered to upgrade the cable to pure silver for free. It sounded different, I wasn't immediately knocked out by the tuning but I could've gotten used to it. The ergonomics of the new cable were another story, in a word horrible. So stiff it ruined the portability of the headphone. I ended up regretting that decision. I should've asked to keep the stock cable instead, but make it detachable as @MaggotBrain described.

I was very disappointed when I sold them for a loss soon after that experience, along with the amp that the maker swore was fine, then repaired it for the new owner :frowning2:

I found a sealed NOS Edition 8 on eBay last year, and negotiated a great price. I bought my Mojo/Poly there as well, got lucky they're mint and came with a priceless 256gb card stuffed with music that seems like I could've loaded it myself. Lots of crossover with my tastes, lots of new music to explore. All in all two great eBay purchases.

I agree that the Edition 8 is an excellent pairing with the Mojo, they seem tailor-made for each other like the Stellia is with the Hugo 2. Interestingly, the Mojo doesn't do much for the Stellia, and the Hugo 2 doesn't really add anything to the Edition 8. I use an LG V35 most of the time, its headphone jack sounds great with the Edition 8 :)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #4,735 of 6,310
The Edition 8 could sure take a licking and keep on ticking. Having you mention having it so long ago reminded me how I remember using it mostly fondly - and I am really dating myself for the whippersnappers out there - making playlists on my Imac for my iPod shuffle to be used for my daily runs. The Edition 8 actually helped me get through many marathons in my more spry days. I see you have a Stellia and I have a Verite Closed, but suffice to say neither would make a good marathon buddy! Especially since I put suede pads on the Verite. When cleaning out my study the other day, I uncovered my Edition 8 and listened a good hour on it my Dave and just smiled.

Just to get this thread back on topic for the folks out there - I am contemplating getting a chord Hugo/2go combo in the future but remember from the Orginal Hugo a detail that frustrated me to no end. Does the top still have the volume wheel that is easily jostled out of place? I still remember the ringing in my ears especially when using an IEM when the volume wheel would brush against my pocket or fanny pack and it would be annoying to no end. Is a good case the solution to that?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #4,736 of 6,310
Just to get this thread back on topic for the folks out there - I am contemplating getting a chord Hugo/2go combo in the future but remember from the Orginal Hugo a detail that frustrated me to no end. Does the top still have the volume wheel that is easily jostled out of place? I still remember the ringing in my ears especially when using an IEM when the volume wheel would brush against my pocket or fanny pack and it would be annoying to no end. Is a good case the solution to that?
I've rarely carried mine in my pocket, but never had that problem.

Some of the cases out there have 'covers' that would stop this behavior for sure - though I"m not sure you'd still be able to shove it in your pocket with a 'thick' cover.

Doody

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #4,737 of 6,310
I've rarely carried mine in my pocket, but never had that problem.

Some of the cases out there have 'covers' that would stop this behavior for sure - though I"m not sure you'd still be able to shove it in your pocket with a 'thick' cover.

Doody
Ha! By “pocket” I meant cargo shorts - have a couple of pairs that look like hell but do a great job of storing my bulky gear.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #4,739 of 6,310
It is better to send pcm to chord dacs. Try pcm sinc-m, lns15, 768k with adaptive rate checked. Chord dacs decimate dsd back to pcm.

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #4,740 of 6,310
It is better to send pcm to chord dacs. Try pcm sinc-m, lns15, 768k with adaptive rate checked. Chord dacs decimate dsd back to pcm.
Did that too, (Similar result). In fact this is how I had been using the hugo2 prior to the purchase of the 2go. Somehow the h2go combo is simply way more musical to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back