Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 15, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #4,786 of 6,290
It's addressed in Chord's Streamer FAQ, see here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

"Gofigure does not directly offer the ability to playback content from Tidal or Qobuz, however, if you are unable to use AirPlay or your DLNA/UPnP app does not natively have the ability to stream your music from Tidal or Spotify accounts to Poly, then Gofigure offers a functional alternative. By entering your Tidal or Qobuz login details into Gofigure, you will be able to see content from your streaming service as hierarchical folders within your chosen DLNA/UPnP App. (Note, offline Tidal or Qobuz content cannot currently be accessed by any third-party App). The process below illustrates: "
Perhaps we need to add a new acronym : FUF - Frequently Unread FAQs.

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #4,787 of 6,290
Perhaps we need to add a new acronym : FUF - Frequently Unread FAQs.
And here i was wasting time in the manual!

From the manual:
“2go can play back audio from the following sources:
• DLNA
– As a server
– Tidal (via Gofigure)
– Qobuz (via Gofigure)”

To me this reads as all i need is the gofigure app. I know this to not be the case but that’s no thanks to the manual. Maybe if the manual or gofigure was better there wouldn’t be so many frequently asked questions.

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #4,788 of 6,290
Doesn’t the manual mention Bubble uPnP?

Dec 15, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #4,790 of 6,290
It's addressed in Chord's Streamer FAQ, see here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

"Gofigure does not directly offer the ability to playback content from Tidal or Qobuz, however, if you are unable to use AirPlay or your DLNA/UPnP app does not natively have the ability to stream your music from Tidal or Spotify accounts to Poly, then Gofigure offers a functional alternative. By entering your Tidal or Qobuz login details into Gofigure, you will be able to see content from your streaming service as hierarchical folders within your chosen DLNA/UPnP App. (Note, offline Tidal or Qobuz content cannot currently be accessed by any third-party App). The process below illustrates: "
Thanks. Got there with figure 8 but clicking into the tidal favourite folders i get "Service login or communication error". Credentials are correct. Gofigure...

Dec 15, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #4,791 of 6,290
Thanks. Got there with figure 8 but clicking into the tidal favourite folders i get "Service login or communication error". Credentials are correct. Gofigure...

I had the same crap too. My Tidal credential are correct but this “feature” never worked for me when I still had the 2GO.

Not sure if it works now with the latest Gofigure (if the app has been updated in the meantime).

However there are apps like Mconnect which has Tidal and Qobuz build-in.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #4,793 of 6,290
In my case this tidal integration function worked at the beginning but then stopped one day. I don't remember if it was related with the update of the firmware. I think Chord is aware of this and I hope it will be resolved with the whatever update is upcoming. Still one can use tidal integration build in in MCconnect. Stability of it, is in my experience heavily releted somehow to the strenght of wifi signal. I dont know if this is Mcconnect gofigue or both issue.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #4,794 of 6,290
For Chord to claim "Playback: Roon endpoint, DLNA (server and render), AirPlay, Bluetooth audio (A2DP), Tidal," is massively misleading claim. Tidal is no more a feature of the 2go than say Netflix. Yes both can end up coming out of the 2go but that by no means is a feature of the device. And that's notwithstanding that it's actually very hard to get tidal to play in a meaningful way (airplay does not count). I've used the prescribed third party app and method and all i get are error messages. There's no support on that from Chord so therefore it's a bogus feature.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #4,795 of 6,290
IIRC TIDAL changed the way it manages authentication recently, so the issues are probably a consequence of that.

Given that products tend to be judged by their least well-designed features, I think it would have been better that GoFigure not have TIDAL, Qobuz or playlists at all, but it all be handled by DLNA software.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #4,797 of 6,290
I had the same crap too. My Tidal credential are correct but this “feature” never worked for me when I still had the 2GO.

Not sure if it works now with the latest Gofigure (if the app has been updated in the meantime).

However there are apps like Mconnect which has Tidal and Qobuz build-in.
Same here. I wasted a lot of time trying to get that login issue resolved. Then, when I gave up on that and tried mconnect, it worked great. It gets flaky at times, but I can always get it to work. Sometimes I need to rebook my iPhone for it to see my devices properly.

Dec 16, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #4,798 of 6,290
IIRC TIDAL changed the way it manages authentication recently, so the issues are probably a consequence of that.

Given that products tend to be judged by their least well-designed features, I think it would have been better that GoFigure not have TIDAL, Qobuz or playlists at all, but it all be handled by DLNA software.
I'm with you there except for the playlists. I want to be sure that there is always a way for the 2go to play DIRECTLY to the Hugo 2 with my phone TOTALLY disconnected from them when I'm out and about.

Only in this way will I be confident that the music data is not being shipped to my phone from the 2go, undergoing some kind of corruption/degradation on my phone, and this mess then being shipped back to the Hugo 2go to play.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #4,799 of 6,290
I'm certain @Rob Watts could set the record straight on this. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 2yu as I am hoping to pair 2go + 2yu to feed my Qutest so I can kick my PC music server to the curb. Launch day can't come fast enough...
assuming it would work!

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #4,800 of 6,290
I'm with you there except for the playlists. I want to be sure that there is always a way for the 2go to play DIRECTLY to the Hugo 2 with my phone TOTALLY disconnected from them when I'm out and about.

Only in this way will I be confident that the music data is not being shipped to my phone from the 2go, undergoing some kind of corruption/degradation on my phone, and this mess then being shipped back to the Hugo 2go to play.

If it's over Wi-Fi, then it's bit-perfect. If it weren't, then a large amount of the internet would be completely dysfunctional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back