Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 12, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #5,896 of 6,288
I have had no trouble with gapless playback using BubbleUPnP on my Galaxy Note Ultra. I don't recall having to set anything up or change any settings anywhere, it just worked.

This article (https://darko.audio/2020/05/what-is-gapless-playback/) goes into gapless playback in some detail and specifically mentions BubbleUPnP as a solution to the issue.
Thanks got it all working but only from my Cayin N6ii rather than Sony phone but that's fine. After some tweaking, BubbleUPnP does seem to offer the most stable experience with gapless. Few minor grips like odd album art rendering but also not a major issue.

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #5,897 of 6,288
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #5,898 of 6,288
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #5,899 of 6,288
Just an update on this - coax to USB indeed works with a cable like this - https://shop.musicteck.com/products/type-c-to-coaxial-cable?variant=37432238606 (plus RCA to 3.5mm adaptor). So, it's possible to operate 2Go in both wireless mode while also retaining DAC mode if desired. Neat.
Isn't the maximum data rate over the coax input to the Hugo 2 less than that possible over the USB? I was under the impression the coax topped out at 192Khz.

People, including myself, have lamented the fact that the 2go obscures the USB input on the Hugo 2. Given the fact that it is awkward to pop the 2go on and off this means that the USB input to the Hugo 2 is effectively lost once the 2go has been put in place. The lack of a pass-through USB port on the 2go seems to be an oversight.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #5,900 of 6,288
Isn't the maximum data rate over the coax input to the Hugo 2 less than that possible over the USB? I was under the impression the coax topped out at 192Khz.
It is, but I don't care about that. 24/192 is plenty enough for me. Native DSD, DoP, DSD to PCM - all minimal differences, IMO. What matters so much more is the actual mastering of the music.

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #5,901 of 6,288

People, including myself, have lamented the fact that the 2go obscures the USB input on the Hugo 2. Given the fact that it is awkward to pop the 2go on and off this means that the USB input to the Hugo 2 is effectively lost once the 2go has been put in place. The lack of a pass-through USB port on the 2go seems to be an oversight.
Edit to this: I just tried a little A/B between SDCard via BubbleUPnP vs. coax using my Cayin N6ii as the physical source - one cable only. There's no issue playing native DSD via coax, no resampling (light on the Hugo 2 still turns white, and sampling data still reads bit-perfect). So, I don't think the sample limit is a concern.

As to sound differences between coax and SDCard, coax feels to me slightly smoother - cymbal crashes have slightly less sizzle, edges are overall slightly rounder. Though I would say SDCard feels to me slightly more dynamic and energetic. Probably a question of taste. Easy enough to a direct and volume matched A/B with the remote switching between USB and coax2.

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #5,902 of 6,288

I’m using BNC coax from 2yu to Hugo 2 mini coax. I’m streaming native DSD no problem. I don’t have any music sampled higher than 24/192.

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #5,903 of 6,288
I've been experimenting with 2Go via mini coax today. It works flawlessly with 2Go still operating in wireless mode, with no resampling.

For those who want to experiment:

- You need a cable like this. (Otherwise you can use regular mono RCA cable with an adapter like this).
- Convertors are widely available if you want to connect the coax to your computer. I tried with this, which works fine but will likely upgrade to this or this). Otherwise, this is a cheaper alternative, which could be worthwhile. All vary in terms of their specs, etc.

Mar 17, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #5,906 of 6,288
I've been experimenting with 2Go via mini coax today. It works flawlessly with 2Go still operating in wireless mode, with no resampling.

For those who want to experiment:

- You need a cable like this. (Otherwise you can use regular mono RCA cable with an adapter like this).
- Convertors are widely available if you want to connect the coax to your computer. I tried with this, which works fine but will likely upgrade to this or this). Otherwise, this is a cheaper alternative, which could be worthwhile. All vary in terms of their specs, etc.
Thank you for the Clearway cable suggestion man. I’m looking for something like that to connect my hugo 2 (coxial output) to spdif for long time.

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #5,907 of 6,288
I read somewhere that their is ‘improvements’ to the sound - better definition, timing and separation - when adding and using the 2go with the 2yu instead of plugging the 2go directly into the hugo2. Is there anybody who can confirm/ tell me more about using the 2go,2yi and hugo2 combo. I am thinking I would try it if it provides a small upgrade to the sound and I could always using it as an excuse to buy a better chord Dac then the Hugo 2. Thanks!

Mar 27, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #5,908 of 6,288
I read somewhere that their is ‘improvements’ to the sound - better definition, timing and separation - when adding and using the 2go with the 2yu instead of plugging the 2go directly into the hugo2. Is there anybody who can confirm/ tell me more about using the 2go,2yi and hugo2 combo. I am thinking I would try it if it provides a small upgrade to the sound and I could always using it as an excuse to buy a better chord Dac then the Hugo 2. Thanks!
I can't say that it is a definite improvement over the 2go directly connected to H2.

However, there is no sonic penalty to running the H2 off the BNC coax of 2yu to H2. I have a Woo WA8 connected to the USB, I can switch between DACs seamlessly. I have it all running off a Omnicharge battery pack. I wouldn't say it's portable, but it is easy to carry the system (all mounted to a small table) into any room of the house.

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #5,909 of 6,288
OK, after a period of bliss, my 2Go is getting buggy. In particular:

1. Despite numerous SD Card switches, the 2Go isn't reading the card properly. I have two 1tb SD Cards, both are only semi being read (i.e., 600 songs out of about 8000). Refresh current database seems to do nothing.

2. Wifi as Hotspot is now very glitchy.

Any ideas?

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #5,910 of 6,288
OK, after a period of bliss, my 2Go is getting buggy. In particular:

1. Despite numerous SD Card switches, the 2Go isn't reading the card properly. I have two 1tb SD Cards, both are only semi being read (i.e., 600 songs out of about 8000). Refresh current database seems to do nothing.

2. Wifi as Hotspot is now very glitchy.

Any ideas?
N8ii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back