Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #5,866 of 6,290
I just fired up the Hugo2GO for the first time in a while, updated to the latest firmware and thought I would be good to go. What I found was Roon is missing. I've attached two screenshots showing what I'm seeing. I did a factory reset via GoFigure but it didn't fix the Roon situation.

Am I missing something obvious to enable Roon?
IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0913.jpeg

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #5,868 of 6,290
Good grief 😔 Don't say it's starting again...

Mar 5, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #5,870 of 6,290
Deleting and reinstalling GoFigure didn't fix it. Another strange thing is the Roon App on my Mac is showing the Hugo2GO as a device when it is turned on. So Roon is recognizing it but GoFigure won't let me turn on Roon.

Mar 5, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #5,873 of 6,290
Deleting and reinstalling GoFigure didn't fix it. Another strange thing is the Roon App on my Mac is showing the Hugo2GO as a device when it is turned on. So Roon is recognizing it but GoFigure won't let me turn on Roon.
How could GoFigure not let you turn on Roon? They are two separate things. Once you connect your 2go to internet, just make sure your roon core is on the same network, then you can enable 2go in your roon.

Mar 5, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #5,874 of 6,290
How could GoFigure not let you turn on Roon? They are two separate things. Once you connect your 2go to internet, just make sure your roon core is on the same network, then you can enable 2go in your roon.
See the image in my first post. The option to enable Roon in the GoFigure app is missing. The 2go is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Roon Core.

Mar 5, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #5,875 of 6,290
See the image in my first post. The option to enable Roon in the GoFigure app is missing. The 2go is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Roon Core.

There is no option in GoFigure to "enable Roon" for the 2Go.

If the 2Go is on the same network as your Roon core, it'll show up in "Preferences | Audio" in Roon and you enable/configure it from there.

Mar 5, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #5,876 of 6,290
There is no option in GoFigure to "enable Roon" for the 2Go.

If the 2Go is on the same network as your Roon core, it'll show up in "Preferences | Audio" in Roon and you enable/configure it from there.

You are right and my apologies for being so confused (one could use a stronger word) on this. I've recently been using the Mojo 2/Poly which has a Roon toggle in the GoFigure app. Today when I fired up the Hugo2GO for the first time in a while I was assuming it worked in the same way.

Sorry for the unnecessary post and thanks to those who helped me solve a non-problem based on user error.

I'll go back to being embarrassed now.

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #5,877 of 6,290
Well, it makes absolutely no sense that there would be two different ways to enable Roon on two devices which do essentially the same thing. I forgot the name of the company that Chord hired to develop the 2Go and Poly, but they're total amateurs.

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #5,878 of 6,290
I remembered a photo from this post of the 2Go interior. If you look carefully you can see the URL www.disignconsultants.com on the circuit board. I'm guessing this is the company that developed the Poly & 2Go for Chord? A quick Google showed that they are (were?) a London-based design company. (More scary is that it claims they also develop medical devices!)

Interesting that their website no longer responds. Maybe they went bust? Might explain why GoFigure development has been glacially slow, and perhaps why there was no Poly 2 for the Mojo 2?

To be clear this is all speculation based on the URL on the circuit board...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 6.46.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 6.46.47 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #5,879 of 6,290
I've just purchased a 2YU to match my 2go in a desktop set-up. Roon is working OK as is SD Cards with Highres using Rigellian iOS.

I'm pretty pleased with the sound that's coming out as I was streaming Roon via an iPhone/iPad. The SD card sound in particular sounds very crisp with enhanced PRAT vs prior set up.

As several reviews have said, adding a 2yu if you've got a 2go already is pretty no-brainer.

Mar 9, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #5,880 of 6,290
Do we think that Chord will be introducing any more products in this H2 / 2go / 2yu space?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back