Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 9, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #5,881 of 6,288
Do we think that Chord will be introducing any more products in this H2 / 2go / 2yu space?
I'm still hoping for an upsampler to go between 2go and Hugo 2 😀

The name is already sorted - up2 as in 2go up2 Hugo 2 😀

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #5,882 of 6,288
Mar 11, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #5,884 of 6,288
Is it possible to access and play SdCard data from the 2Go using Bluetooth only rather than a WiFi connection? If so, how?

Only through GoFigure.

All the MPD software and uPNP software I've ever used or seen uses the IP address. Only GoFigure has the ability to connect to 2go via Bluetooth for data purposes.

Mar 11, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #5,885 of 6,288
Only through GoFigure.

All the MPD software and uPNP software I've ever used or seen uses the IP address. Only GoFigure has the ability to connect to 2go via Bluetooth for data purposes.
Thanks, will try. Shame the interface is so rudimentary.

Can someone kindly tell me the best way to setup the SdCard on GoFigure - must one construct playlists to browse data?

Mar 11, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #5,886 of 6,288
Thanks, will try. Shame the interface is so rudimentary.

Can someone kindly tell me the best way to setup the SdCard on GoFigure - must one construct playlists to browse data?

There should be an option on GoFigure to build playlists. I don't have my 2go with me, but the button is pretty easy to find. You'll have to create playlists for each SD card bank. It will take a while depending on how may albums you have. It's not the greatest or easiest way to navigate your music.

This is assuming you are on the latest firmware.

Mar 11, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #5,887 of 6,288
There should be an option on GoFigure to build playlists. I don't have my 2go with me, but the button is pretty easy to find. You'll have to create playlists for each SD card bank. It will take a while depending on how may albums you have. It's not the greatest or easiest way to navigate your music.

This is assuming you are on the latest firmware.
Thanks, was able to get it working on 32gb card, now I need to get it working on a 1tb card. The GoFigure interface is...wow, inelegant.

Another issue - I'm trying to connect using the hotspot connection over either HIFI Cast or BubbleUpnp. Is it doable?

Mar 11, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #5,888 of 6,288
Thanks, was able to get it working on 32gb card, now I need to get it working on a 1tb card. The GoFigure interface is...wow, inelegant.

Another issue - I'm trying to connect using the hotspot connection over either HIFI Cast or BubbleUpnp. Is it doable?
I use BubbleUPnP with my phone as the hotspot for SD card playback.

This is my go-to setup when out and about.

Once the phone and the 2go are talking to each other BubbleUPnP does the rest. Your music is immediately available through a pretty decent interface.

Using the Bluetooth connection is extremely slow to connect and the GoFigure interface is clumsy. To use this you will have to construct playlists for every piece of music on every SD card you use. These playlists are fixed and cannot be changed on the fly. You can only access the whole playlist and you cannot see the track names within it. There is a facility in GoFigure to construct these playlists but the playlist names are very unwieldy indeed. It is still not obvious that GoFigure will handle special characters (including but not only common diacritic marks) without making a total mess. Then each time you connect with Bluetooth GoFigure has to load up all these playlists for the whole selected SD card - a process that is very very slow indeed over Bluetooth.

To quote Star Wars: "many people died to bring you this information" 😀

Mar 11, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #5,889 of 6,288
I use BubbleUPnP with my phone as the hotspot for SD card playback.

This is my go-to setup when out and about.

Once the phone and the 2go are talking to each other BubbleUPnP does the rest. Your music is immediately available through a pretty decent interface.

Using the Bluetooth connection is extremely slow to connect and the GoFigure interface is clumsy. To use this you will have to construct playlists for every piece of music on every SD card you use. These playlists are fixed and cannot be changed on the fly. You can only access the whole playlist and you cannot see the track names within it. There is a facility in GoFigure to construct these playlists but the playlist names are very unwieldy indeed. It is still not obvious that GoFigure will handle special characters (including but not only common diacritic marks) without making a total mess. Then each time you connect with Bluetooth GoFigure has to load up all these playlists for the whole selected SD card - a process that is very very slow indeed over Bluetooth.

To quote Star Wars: "many people died to bring you this information" 😀
Thank you, this is very helpful. I was able to use BubbleUPnP via the hotspot on my phone....

However, BubbleUPnP doesn't seem to support gapless. Hi-Fi Cast does support gapless, but I'm unable to get it to work except through my home WiFi. I'm now trying Neutron, which does support gapless.

Bluetooth I'm indeed totally forgetting about.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #5,890 of 6,288
Thank you, this is very helpful. I was able to use BubbleUPnP via the hotspot on my phone....

However, BubbleUPnP doesn't seem to support gapless. Hi-Fi Cast does support gapless, but I'm unable to get it to work except through my home WiFi. I'm now trying Neutron, which does support gapless.

Bluetooth I'm indeed totally forgetting about.
Edit - managed to get it all working via Neutron with 2Go as hotspot, but only using my Cayin N6ii as the control rather than my phone....it'll do.

Mar 11, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #5,892 of 6,288
Sorry for the questions but....am I right in thinking that Hugo2Go cannot act as wired DAC so long as 2Go is attached?
I would say not since those ports are used by the 2go.

Mar 11, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #5,894 of 6,288
That's what I thought, just wondering about the coax to USB option, though.
Yes. Coax and toslink are still selectable and active. How you get said signals to ports your choice.

Mar 11, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #5,895 of 6,288
Edit - managed to get it all working via Neutron with 2Go as hotspot, but only using my Cayin N6ii as the control rather than my phone....it'll do.
I have had no trouble with gapless playback using BubbleUPnP on my Galaxy Note Ultra. I don't recall having to set anything up or change any settings anywhere, it just worked.

This article (https://darko.audio/2020/05/what-is-gapless-playback/) goes into gapless playback in some detail and specifically mentions BubbleUPnP as a solution to the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back