Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 1, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #5,852 of 6,290
Desktop mode H2/2Go:

After playing music, if I leave it powered on 24/7, the frequency light remains on. I have to power down the H2/2Go and power it up again to get the frequency light off.

In what I think is desktop mode, the power button is magenta, and the filter, X-feed and input lights remain on.

Is this correct?

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #5,853 of 6,290
Desktop mode H2/2Go:

After playing music, if I leave it powered on 24/7, the frequency light remains on. I have to power down the H2/2Go and power it up again to get the frequency light off.

In what I think is desktop mode, the power button is magenta, and the filter, X-feed and input lights remain on.

Is this correct?
Desktop mode is activated by time and not by power cycling H2/2go. Its automatically activated after 24 hours plugged in.

As long as you don’t unplug combo and plug it back in, both stay in desktop mode. Magenta should be the color when combo is powered up.
2D34E35C-9703-4C2D-AD06-4F680E269C69.png

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #5,854 of 6,290
I understand not to unplug it. I’m referring to powering it down (while unplugged), while having read to leave it turned on incessantly.

Should the other lights of 2Go be on?

Also If I do not power down, the frequency light (and volume) will stay on. If I don’t use the unit in 3 or 4 days, Hugo is drained.

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #5,855 of 6,290
Hi, I'm interested in using the the Hugo2Go solely as a local library with SD Card data. Can someone tell me - is it possible to use an app such as UAPP to connect to the 2Go such that both SD Cards are loaded simultaneously?

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #5,856 of 6,290
Hi, I'm interested in using the the Hugo2Go solely as a local library with SD Card data. Can someone tell me - is it possible to use an app such as UAPP to connect to the 2Go such that both SD Cards are loaded simultaneously?
Two things here I can think of from my own experience with UAPP:

1) UAPP is an app that enables a source device (smartphone or tablet) to provide a USB audio feed to a device with USB inputs. The source device contains the music data. I do not believe UAPP can access music files stored on another device such as the SD cards in the 2go. If you wish to play music from SD cards in the 2go then UAPP is not the app for you. BubbleUPnP or similar will do the trick.

2) again as far as I know, 2go can only access its SD cards one at a time and not simultaneously. Why this is so I do not know. You will need to use the GoFigure app to switch between the two.

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #5,857 of 6,290
Two things here I can think of from my own experience with UAPP:

1) UAPP is an app that enables a source device (smartphone or tablet) to provide a USB audio feed to a device with USB inputs. The source device contains the music data. I do not believe UAPP can access music files stored on another device such as the SD cards in the 2go. If you wish to play music from SD cards in the 2go then UAPP is not the app for you. BubbleUPnP or similar will do the trick.

2) again as far as I know, 2go can only access its SD cards one at a time and not simultaneously. Why this is so I do not know. You will need to use the GoFigure app to switch between the two.
Much obliged.

No problem on using BubbleUPnp.

A shame that both SD cards cannot be used simultaneously, as it seemed one of the big selling points was having up to 4TB available. Nevertheless, I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #5,858 of 6,290
I understand not to unplug it. I’m referring to powering it down (while unplugged), while having read to leave it turned on incessantly.

Should the other lights of 2Go be on?

Also If I do not power down, the frequency light (and volume) will stay on. If I don’t use the unit in 3 or 4 days, Hugo is drained.
Not sure I’m following you.

If I power down my combo unplugged, all lights are off. If I leave it unplugged, both 2go and Hugo 2 will lose charge over several days. This is with H2 off and no lights. The 2go never really powers completely down since it is checking for signal from H2. It’ll drain H2 battery from my experience. I’m not sure the exact amount of days.

I’ve not left mine unplugged, turned on, and not playing music. But there is an auto power off when idle.

I also don’t leave it turned on even in desktop mode. I always power down after I’m done. I don’t know if the FGPA benefits from being powered up constantly (like the Schiit multibit DACs). Maybe @Rob Watts can chime in.

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #5,859 of 6,290
Does anyone know where one can obtain the Van Nuys leather case, as seen below? The wallet thing, I can see on their site, but despite my best detective attempts, I cannot see the model number or indeed any sign of this fine looking case. Thank you.

11214422.jpg

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #5,860 of 6,290
Does anyone know where one can obtain the Van Nuys leather case, as seen below? The wallet thing, I can see on their site, but despite my best detective attempts, I cannot see the model number or indeed any sign of this fine looking case. Thank you.

I do not know about Van Nuys, but I have seen good things written in this thread about the cases from Valentinum.

You can search this thread for "Valentinum" to find out.

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #5,861 of 6,290
I do not know about Van Nuys, but I have seen good things written in this thread about the cases from Valentinum.

You can search this thread for "Valentinum" to find out.
He is based in Kyiv, and there was news a few days ago about experiencing difficulties at the moment?

Can't find his post yet, so maybe it was a comment on the canjam thread, but his Etsy page says he is taking a break
His facebook page gives a couple of hints

Fingers crossed he is keeping safe.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #5,862 of 6,290
Is he the Guy based in Ukraine, who posted a few days ago about experiencing difficultés at the moment?
Probably. I did not realise he was in Ukraine 😢

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #5,863 of 6,290

11214422.jpg
Like you, I couldn't find anywhere to purchase this case.

The only idea I had was to contact the company directly. It looks like it was available on the Japanese market for a time. Maybe one of our Japanese members could assist? I think VanNuys is based in Japan.

I ended up with Valentinum's case and a Chord official case. I ordered the Chord case with the loops and ended up with the non-loop version. I suppose I could've complained, but realized I'm unlikely to walk around with the combo.

Mar 4, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #5,864 of 6,290
Like you, I couldn't find anywhere to purchase this case.

The only idea I had was to contact the company directly. It looks like it was available on the Japanese market for a time. Maybe one of our Japanese members could assist? I think VanNuys is based in Japan.

I ended up with Valentinum's case and a Chord official case. I ordered the Chord case with the loops and ended up with the non-loop version. I suppose I could've complained, but realized I'm unlikely to walk around with the combo.
Thanks, it's a mystery. I may well just order the Van Nuys sleeve case itself, though I'd love to have the leather case with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back