Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #5,912 of 6,265
OK, after a period of bliss, my 2Go is getting buggy. In particular:

1. Despite numerous SD Card switches, the 2Go isn't reading the card properly. I have two 1tb SD Cards, both are only semi being read (i.e., 600 songs out of about 8000). Refresh current database seems to do nothing.

2. Wifi as Hotspot is now very glitchy.

Any ideas?
Is there enough spare space on the cards to save the index file?

Mar 27, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #5,914 of 6,265
OK, after a period of bliss, my 2Go is getting buggy. In particular:

1. Despite numerous SD Card switches, the 2Go isn't reading the card properly. I have two 1tb SD Cards, both are only semi being read (i.e., 600 songs out of about 8000). Refresh current database seems to do nothing.

2. Wifi as Hotspot is now very glitchy.

Any ideas?
I had similar issue, I replaced Samsung SD card with other brands and the issue is gone.
Not sure if it is issue of access speed. My Samsung card can be used on DX220 without issue.

Mar 28, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #5,915 of 6,265
I had similar issue, I replaced Samsung SD card with other brands and the issue is gone.
Not sure if it is issue of access speed. My Samsung card can be used on DX220 without issue.
Thanks, after re-formatting and then transferring 1Tb back on, it now works. All my SD cards are SanDisk either Pro or Extreme Pro, so don't think it's speed related. Hopefully smooth sailing from hereon....

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #5,916 of 6,265
Thanks, after re-formatting and then transferring 1Tb back on, it now works. All my SD cards are SanDisk either Pro or Extreme Pro, so don't think it's speed related. Hopefully smooth sailing from hereon....
I noticed most of my SD card issues were related to the onboard mpd player and indexing. Rarely would I have a problem with uPNP or DLNA indexing. Also, the 2go doesn’t do well with damaged or corrupted SD cards. It’s not nearly as fault tolerant as a PC.

I also noticed that bad SD cards manifest themselves with the behavior you noted above. I would reformat them, everything would be fine, then I would lose random albums. When doing the initial transfer, I would break up the transfer and not try to transfer all the data at once. In my case 380gb. Although the SD card should handle the heat generated by the transfer, that’s not a guarantee it won’t get corrupted. I only use SanDisk SD cards as well.

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #5,917 of 6,265
Apr 22, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #5,918 of 6,265
Anyone uses the 2Go + Hugo 2 for walking outside with the straps as if it is a purse?

The crappy straps on the Poly + Mojo has come off a few times causing it to drop on the ground, hence why i never tried it with the 2Go + Hugo 2 yet.

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #5,919 of 6,265
Anyone uses the 2Go + Hugo 2 for walking outside with the straps as if it is a purse?

The crappy straps on the Poly + Mojo has come off a few times causing it to drop on the ground, hence why i never tried it with the 2Go + Hugo 2 yet.
I do this with the Hugo 2go every time I use it, except I thread the strap through the belt loops on my jeans and have the device hanging at my hip.

I have never felt that it is unsafe.

Apr 22, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #5,920 of 6,265
I do this with the Hugo 2go every time I use it, except I thread the strap through the belt loops on my jeans and have the device hanging at my hip.

I have never felt that it is unsafe.

Smart thinking, I will try this out too.

Good to hear that Chord improved the rings so that it doesn’t drop on the ground with the 2Go + Hugo 2z

May 19, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #5,921 of 6,265
Some good news on my 2go, finally. I bought it new a couple of years ago and it's never worked right on wifi. I've complained here. When it stopped showing up altogether in Go Figure, I used an ethernet cable with good results. Fow a while. About 6 months ago that crapped out and I was able to make a warranty claim.

Chord determined I needed a replacement 2go. But the supply chain breakdown has caused significant delays, most recent being the black case. I was ready to just ask for my Hugo2 back when I received an email saying that they're finally on the way. Of course they're on a container ship so it could still be a month out.

So two years later, I have hope that my 2go will finally function as it was meant to all along.

May 19, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #5,922 of 6,265
Some good news on my 2go, finally. I bought it new a couple of years ago and it's never worked right on wifi. I've complained here. When it stopped showing up altogether in Go Figure, I used an ethernet cable with good results. Fow a while. About 6 months ago that crapped out and I was able to make a warranty claim.

Chord determined I needed a replacement 2go. But the supply chain breakdown has caused significant delays, most recent being the black case. I was ready to just ask for my Hugo2 back when I received an email saying that they're finally on the way. Of course they're on a container ship so it could still be a month out.

So two years later, I have hope that my 2go will finally function as it was meant to all along.
Maybe a tip about the Wi-Fi - I had issues with unstable Bandwidth in different spots of my flat, causing issues with my RPi4 streamers. Installed a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite and got super stable Wi-Fi everywhere. Then bought a 2Go and it has worked flawlessly.

May 19, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #5,923 of 6,265
Maybe a tip about the Wi-Fi - I had issues with unstable Bandwidth in different spots of my flat, causing issues with my RPi4 streamers. Installed a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite and got super stable Wi-Fi everywhere. Then bought a 2Go and it has worked flawlessly.
I've already upgraded my wifi, eero mesh loving it for the ethernet connection to my roon core upstairs. The problem was definitely with the 2go, that's why they're replacing it. I have a mojo/poly that's never given me any issues around here. At least not after I upgraded the roon connection. Going full ethernet soon (losing the mesh).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back