Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 20, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #4,516 of 6,290
Oct 20, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #4,517 of 6,290
Hi all, thought I'd drop in and share my experience with the h2go in the past month.
Since a month its been running absolutely glitch free @ 24/384 and dsd256. I mean not one single instance of drop out or roon 'track loading slowly' messages.
Not claiming any of this may work for you, but for sound quality alone the optical fiber setup is fantastic.:beerchug:

I will share my experience of using H2G.
For a month of use, everything is just fine!
No clicks, no blackouts.

Parameters:
The Wi-Fi connection speed is 100 Mbps.
There are 7 devices in the network, they are divided by connection frequencies and speed.
Wi-Fi priority for H2G.
The main software use of Roon + H2G.
SQ is very good, but there is still room for improved sound quality when using optical fiber.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #4,518 of 6,290
Hi all, please excuse this OT inquiry, but this forum has a lot of smart folks. I will be away for two months in a vacation rental and will bring my Hugo2Go and Focal Utopias plus 64 Audio iem’s, but for times when I might like to use speakers, what do folks recommend? Seems to me some small active dacless monitors would be idea, but I do not have a feel for this market segment. I don’t want to bring any equipment except the H2G. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #4,519 of 6,290
What did you use to do that?
20201021_090828.jpg
Two of these. Single mode gigabit media converters with an optical fiber between them ( 20 metres in this case). Both powered by 5v lps each. Ethernet cable from server to media converter and on the other end ethernet from media converter to mesh hub.
This solution without the lps' cost me around 100 euros. Linear power supplies also do make a difference. I use the allo shanti on one end and an ifi ipower x on the other.
I preferred to go for the more expensive single mode. These use laser instead of the cheaper led's in dual mode converters. Also, theoretically you could lay upto 20kms or more without power loss.
There are more expensive audiophile media converter solutions out there but $$$ and I'm not quite convinced as to their claimed superiority.

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #4,520 of 6,290
Tidal Connect.....would that be recognized somehow by the 2GO?
Anyone who can pitch in?

Oct 21, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #4,521 of 6,290
Tidal Connect.....would that be recognized somehow by the 2GO?
Anyone who can pitch in?
Is it not more a question of would Tidal Connect recognise the 2Go? And are you asking because it's not working for you?
Can't speak for 2Go as I no longer have one, but I know that Tidal Connect doesn't recognise my Cambridge Audio 851N, which is a bummer. My 851N is recognised by Roon, and Audirvana, which allows me to play Tidal, so not sure why the Tidal app itself can't recognise it.
Spotify Connect was able to recognise the 2Go, and can now recognise my 851N

Oct 21, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #4,522 of 6,290
Is it not more a question of would Tidal Connect recognise the 2Go? And are you asking because it's not working for you?
Can't speak for 2Go as I no longer have one, but I know that Tidal Connect doesn't recognise my Cambridge Audio 851N, which is a bummer. My 851N is recognised by Roon, and Audirvana, which allows me to play Tidal, so not sure why the Tidal app itself can't recognise it.
Spotify Connect was able to recognise the 2Go, and can now recognise my 851N
Thx, I just can't try it as my CH2 and 2Go has been in for service after becoming bricks since Last FW update, trying to be patient but.....

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #4,523 of 6,290
Hi all, please excuse this OT inquiry, but this forum has a lot of smart folks. I will be away for two months in a vacation rental and will bring my Hugo2Go and Focal Utopias plus 64 Audio iem’s, but for times when I might like to use speakers, what do folks recommend? Seems to me some small active dacless monitors would be idea, but I do not have a feel for this market segment. I don’t want to bring any equipment except the H2G. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I’ve been in that situation, but not for 2 months. That’s kind of a long time, depending on what you will be doing and how you get there. But in general, I would say not to try to get any kind of audiophile experience out of portable speakers and go for the best/largest Bluetooth speaker you want to lug around and save critical listening for headphones. Don’t stress...you are on vacation!

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #4,524 of 6,290

Minrigs made in Bristol UK.They’re not cheap but the sound quality is very good. Bluetooth from a phone or wired up to the H2.

it’s a modular system. So you can pick and choose the configuration. For a 2 week holiday I always bring two minrig 3s and a minrig 3subwoofer. The total speaker volume is slightly more than a wine container and about 2 kg.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #4,525 of 6,290
Thx, I just can't try it as my CH2 and 2Go has been in for service after becoming bricks since Last FW update, trying to be patient but.....

I tried with my Android phone and don't see the option for Tidal Connect to connect to my 2Go unfortunately. But wasn't holding my breath either.

Since it's a similar feature to Spotify Connect, I tried looking back to see if that got working with Chord's streamers and don't see that it did.

Would be a nice workaround for Chord never getting Casting for Android devices, but seems like Chord would have to incorporate support for Tidal Connect as well (hopefully more likely than getting Casting, which doesn't appear will ever come).

I wonder how Tidal Connect would compare to Airplay for Apple users. Would it have better bandwidth (i.e. to utilize Masters quality)?

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #4,527 of 6,290
Minrigs made in Bristol UK.They’re not cheap but the sound quality is very good. Bluetooth from a phone or wired up to the H2.

it’s a modular system. So you can pick and choose the configuration. For a 2 week holiday I always bring two minrig 3s and a minrig 3subwoofer. The total speaker volume is slightly more than a wine container and about 2 kg.
I can also recommend minirigs as the best audio speaker system for on the go vacation if size metters.

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4,528 of 6,290
Neumann KH120s are very nice, compact active monitors.

https://en-de.neumann.com/kh-120-a-g
https://www.thomann.de/gb/neumann_kh_120_a.htm

There‘s a review from a genuine pro magazine here:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/neumann-kh120a-kh810

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #4,529 of 6,290
edit: This is a heck of a way to introduce myself to this thread, sorry about that.

I purchased a H2 a week or two ago, and just received my 2go yesterday. I was excited about the Tidal/ROON integration, so I went for an annual Tidal subscription.
Now I'm wondering, should I bail, return my gears and cancel the 2yu order?
I haven't even activated my ROON promo yet, been waiting for the right time for years. I also have an Etsy case on order. This is looking like a train wreck.

We know ROON's position, a month into it what does Chord say? Am I overreacting?

edit2: Sigh. Maybe I am. I tend to 'panic' easily in this type of situation. I'm working on it.

But it's shocking to find that a group of products that I was excited about, and spent almost $4k on, were basically sold to me under false pretenses. It's not my dealer's fault, of course. But returning this gear is the only leverage I have in this situation. Maybe I can get an extension on the trial period or something until the 2go gets its certification. It's great piece of kit otherwise, and my glimmer of hope seems to be that the Poly is successfully certified.

So I'll go ahead with ROON and play with it on my Poly, while we wait to see what happens.

I just want to add that this is a great thread, thank you all for it. It's too bad that Chord stopped participating. I was hoping to just learn about the nuances of my 2go here, but I can see that I should have read up first. It's not the first time something like this has happened. I can see that pre-purchase research is getting more & more important!

I'm currently catching up from the September announcement, thanks again.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #4,530 of 6,290
edit: This is a heck of a way to introduce myself to this thread, sorry about that.

I purchased a H2 a week or two ago, and just received my 2go yesterday. I was excited about the Tidal/ROON integration, so I went for an annual Tidal subscription.
Now I'm wondering, should I bail, return my gears and cancel the 2yu order?
I haven't even activated my ROON promo yet, been waiting for the right time for years. I also have an Etsy case on order. This is looking like a train wreck.

We know ROON's position, a month into it what does Chord say? Am I overreacting?

edit2: Sigh. Maybe I am. I tend to 'panic' easily in this type of situation. I'm working on it.

But it's shocking to find that a group of products that I was excited about, and spent almost $4k on, were basically sold to me under false pretenses. It's not my dealer's fault, of course. But returning this gear is the only leverage I have in this situation. Maybe I can get an extension on the trial period or something until the 2go gets its certification. It's great piece of kit otherwise, and my glimmer of hope seems to be that the Poly is successfully certified.

So I'll go ahead with ROON and play with it on my Poly, while we wait to see what happens.

I just want to add that this is a great thread, thank you all for it. It's too bad that Chord stopped participating. I was hoping to just learn about the nuances of my 2go here, but I can see that I should have read up first. It's not the first time something like this has happened. I can see that pre-purchase research is getting more & more important!

I'm currently catching up from the September announcement, thanks again.
I would return everything without hesitation. It’s a lot of money. If it does eventually work, you can buy it again. If not, you’ve avoided a very expensive mistake. Chord haven’t even removed the untrue claim about Roon readiness from their website. I was seriously interested in a 2Yu, but not now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back