Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 24, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #4,546 of 6,290
Did 2Go lose its roon support (eg, you can't use roon with 2Go) ?
No, not exactly. The product is not certified with Roon, but if you request developer status with Roon, they will set you up so you can use it. The deadline for this was 09/01 or the like, but apparently they've been good about it if you ask.

Is the vinyl/pop noise solved even after half an year ?
Not yet, no. They've been working on it...

Doody

Oct 24, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #4,548 of 6,290
I got the new iPhone 12 pro yesterday, and now Go Figure can’t find the Hugo2Go? Anyone else having any issues?? This seems really odd.
Happens to me a lot of times. Just unpair the Bluetooth and rescan in go figure

Oct 24, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #4,550 of 6,290
I had an issue of a similar nature with my new iPhone 12 Pro today.

Connected fine via Gofigure, set up the phone as a portable hotspot but 2Go wouldn't connect to the network..

Oct 25, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #4,551 of 6,290
I would return everything without hesitation. It’s a lot of money. If it does eventually work, you can buy it again. If not, you’ve avoided a very expensive mistake. Chord haven’t even removed the untrue claim about Roon readiness from their website. I was seriously interested in a 2Yu, but not now.
I’d return it ASAP. Yes, when it works it does sound great, but the pops/clicks, WiFi dropouts and now the Roon certification issue drove me bonkers. I’m so glad I returned mine and have gone back to my Poly/Mojo. If they address the above issues I’ll repurchase (but they’d have to do a hardware redesign with a better wifi chip).

Thank you both for the no-nonsense advice. I agree it's best to return this stuff asap, before anything can happen to the gears or the packaging. Everything is ready to ship, I didn't even use the supplied batteries in the remote so it should all be exactly as new. It's kind of stressful repackaging this stuff but I'm satisfied.

I'll miss them of course, but I'm already excited about what I'm going to do with the return credit. More Chord gear, of course. Onward and upward!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #4,553 of 6,290
Thank you both for the no-nonsense advice. I agree it's best to return this stuff asap, before anything can happen to the gears or the packaging. Everything is ready to ship, I didn't even use the supplied batteries in the remote so it should all be exactly as new. It's kind of stressful repackaging this stuff but I'm satisfied.

I'll miss them of course, but I'm already excited about what I'm going to do with the return credit. More Chord gear, of course. Onward and upward!
Don’t feel bad about it, and get it dispatched as soon as you can. The more people that return stuff that doesn’t work as claimed, the more pressure there is on Chord to fix the issue, so the better things should turn out long -term. This isn’t some dodgy product you buy on ebay from an obscure outfit in China, this is high-end, high margin, high price equipment and it should be judged by high standards.

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #4,554 of 6,290
Roon, now remains the best option in terms of sound quality.
Alternatively, you can try for Android ™:
BubbleUPnP UPnP / DLNA => for listening Tidal.
MAFA - MPD client => for playing music files with SD Card.
Audirvana is another option.
I recently checked how another app works.
We are talking about AK Connect 2.0 (DLNA, UPnP, AK).
The application is easy to use, the settings are minimal, it allows you to listen to Tidal and SD-card music on H2G.
The sound quality is very good, but there is a nuance that is not yet clear to me.
The application loses connection with 2Go after 15-20 minutes of operation, AK Connect 2.0 needs to be restarted.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #4,555 of 6,290
I recently checked how another app works.
We are talking about AK Connect 2.0 (DLNA, UPnP, AK).
The application is easy to use, the settings are minimal, it allows you to listen to Tidal and SD-card music on H2G.
The sound quality is very good, but there is a nuance that is not yet clear to me.
The application loses connection with 2Go after 15-20 minutes of operation, AK Connect 2.0 needs to be restarted.

You must try Neutron, M.A.L.P., fidata Music App, Hi-Fi Cast, and Panasonic Music Streaming too...

Every app sounded different...
It seems your smartphone still have role to determine Hugo2go performance...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #4,558 of 6,290
Help me out here. Are we talking about SD card playback? Is someone asserting that the control app on your phone, which tells 2go to push a given file through to the USB port into Hugo2, is somehow altering the quality of the playback?

If so, can you offer up even a broad theory of how on earth that could happen? Any theory - as crazy as it may sound? I cannot come up with one, honestly.

Doody

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #4,559 of 6,290
Help me out here. Are we talking about SD card playback? Is someone asserting that the control app on your phone, which tells 2go to push a given file through to the USB port into Hugo2, is somehow altering the quality of the playback?

If so, can you offer up even a broad theory of how on earth that could happen? Any theory - as crazy as it may sound? I cannot come up with one, honestly.

Doody

Yes... This is about SD Card playback...
It seems the audio processing on every app sent to 2go and affect 2go performance...

You must try it yourself...
The most striking difference I heard is Bubble UPnP and AK Connect...

Try comparing both app using same music file on your 2go SD Card...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #4,560 of 6,290
Yes... This is about SD Card playback...
It seems the audio processing on every app sent to 2go and affect 2go performance...

You must try it yourself...
The most striking difference I heard is Bubble UPnP and AK Connect...

Try comparing both app using same music file on your 2go SD Card...
I am trying to maintain an impartial view, but I think that I am with @Doody on this one.
Using phrases such as 'it seems' or 'i guess' or 'i assume' provides little or no credibility.

Can anyone provide any evidence/proof about this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back