Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 26, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #4,576 of 6,287
Lots of negativity on here...however, 2Go simply rocks for me.

I haven't regretted buying it for a second.

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #4,577 of 6,287
While reviewing your application, we noticed that your uncertified device didn't ping our cloud certification check before September 21. Because of this, we're not able to grant you developer access.
Sorry friend!
It's a pity that the situation with the use of Roon has worsened.

On the other hand, those who managed to get access to the developer and their 2Go works well with Roon already own the exclusive Chord product.

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #4,578 of 6,287
Based on what I am seeing with TV’s, it is not strange what Roon is doing.

My Samsung 4K TV does not “support” Dobly vision as it not certified for that. Samsung can easily enable it with a software update but they are not allowed to do it.

If someone was selling TV’s as Dolby Vision certified while not being the case, then that is not the problem of Dolby.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #4,581 of 6,287
Lots of negativity on here...however, 2Go simply rocks for me.

I haven't regretted buying it for a second.

Same here. Hasn't skipped a beat since I purchased at launch. Using Roon/Tidal/Airplay and Both SD cards. Love it!

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #4,583 of 6,287
I believe that they verify you had the 2go on Roon prior to the deadline. So if you bought new, you're stuck - unfortunately. But if you were using it prior, they can tell and they'll approve. But don't quote me - ask 'em.

Doody

I believe this is a rather accurate assessment of the situation and who will be granted further access.

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #4,584 of 6,287
I believe that they verify you had the 2go on Roon prior to the deadline. So if you bought new, you're stuck - unfortunately. But if you were using it prior, they can tell and they'll approve. But don't quote me - ask 'em.

Doody
All the more shameful that Chord are still advertising it on their website as Roon Ready

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #4,586 of 6,287
Is identification of 2Go in Roon carried out only by the serial number or is the serial number of 2Go taken into account, as well as the device (computer) with the Roon kernel installed?
For me it was entirely automated. I emailed them. They replied "you're all set!". I gave them no information other than my Roon email address.

Doody

Oct 31, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #4,587 of 6,287
Nearly 4 days and no new posts. Perhaps if Chord managed to somehow achieve what appears to be beyond them and get the 2Go certified with Roon we might see some new content. Or perhaps a mug punter will appear with a post asking why their shiny brand new 2Go wont work with Roon!

Oct 31, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #4,588 of 6,287
I am not posting on here as I have nothing to post about- other than still being very happy with the product.

I would, however, also appreciate an update on what is happening with that elusive Roon certification..

I can only hope that we are also going to see some improvements on the software side of things too. Perhaps a new feature or two too?

Oct 31, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #4,589 of 6,287
I definitely can hear the difference... Try focus on the vocal... They can sound little thicker or thinner between apps...

Try using different phone using same app to play 2go SD Card will sounded different too...

I'm scared maybe you need good dedicated DAP to control 2go to get the best SQ...

😱😱😱
This doesn’t make any sense. If your controller is having influence on the sound, something is set up wrong. No way you need a high end dedicated DAP to get the best SQ. Zero chance.

Nov 1, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #4,590 of 6,287
For those of you wishing to use the 2go and roon without wifi and routers...yes, it is possible. A geek friend of mine set up a dhcp server on my windows roon server. Not sure if I'm explaining this right, (it all flew right over my head as well), and please don't ask me how to get the dhcp server set up.
As of now the h2go is connected directly to the roon server with ethernet. So it looks like: Windows roon server~ethernet cable~media converter~fibre optic cable~ media converter~ethernet cable~chord h2go.
No router in between. I now connect to roon via WiFi but the 1's and 0's are sent directly to the 2go sans router in the mix. The media converters are there to convert the signal to optical as this allows for galvanic isolation between the server and the 2go. Also it sounds better to my ears. The media converters aren't essential, you can connect the server directly to the h2go with ethernet.( sounded like crap to my ears though, without the optical in between...ymmv).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back