Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,502 of 6,290
Hey guys - I'm sorry if this has been talked about already but I took a long hiatus from Roon when my annual subscription ended. Up until then, I was enjoying the 2Go with Roon. After trying some options that were mentioned on here like Audirvana (which I never could get to connect to my 2Go or the iPhone app), I gave up and decided to re-up with Roon, only to find out that I can't re-add the 2Go as an audio device (saying the manufacturer has not yet completed certification). The only way I could get this to work is adding it using Airplay. Any advice?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-pdif-adaptor-official-thread.925464/page-281

Start at post #4205

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #4,503 of 6,290
Hey guys - I'm sorry if this has been talked about already but I took a long hiatus from Roon when my annual subscription ended. Up until then, I was enjoying the 2Go with Roon. After trying some options that were mentioned on here like Audirvana (which I never could get to connect to my 2Go or the iPhone app), I gave up and decided to re-up with Roon, only to find out that I can't re-add the 2Go as an audio device (saying the manufacturer has not yet completed certification). The only way I could get this to work is adding it using Airplay. Any advice?
Request to become a developer at Roon and they will most likelly set you up lickety-split.

Doody

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #4,505 of 6,290

If you're still interested to get Audirvana to work with the 2GO, chase Chord to fix some weird bug in getting devices to get recognised. This isn't just with Audirvana, but it also happens with Mconnect and other apps with UPnP.

Most of the time the 2GO was able to get recognised. But there are some of those moments when you have to force restart the 2GO in order to get it recognised.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #4,507 of 6,290
Before I sold my 2Go I had no problem using it and Hugo 2 with Audirvana. Not sure why it would be a problem for others?

It worked fine for me too. But I suppose he encountered that bug where the 2Go is not being recognised. This is not an Audirvana issue as I noticed the same thing with other apps.

Restarting the 2Go usually fixed it.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #4,508 of 6,290
If you're still interested to get Audirvana to work with the 2GO, chase Chord to fix some weird bug in getting devices to get recognised. This isn't just with Audirvana, but it also happens with Mconnect and other apps with UPnP.

Most of the time the 2GO was able to get recognised. But there are some of those moments when you have to force restart the 2GO in order to get it recognised.
I have issues with Chord and MConnect as well. What is weird is that it almost always works when I connect using my iPad Pro but when I use my iPhone, it almost NEVER connects. Audirvana - I couldn't even get my phone to connect to the computer. When I had Roon before, I almost NEVER had issues. The only time I experienced issues is when I was using the Audeze DSP on wireless in certain weak spots in my house.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #4,509 of 6,290
I have issues with Chord and MConnect as well. What is weird is that it almost always works when I connect using my iPad Pro but when I use my iPhone, it almost NEVER connects. Audirvana - I couldn't even get my phone to connect to the computer. When I had Roon before, I almost NEVER had issues. The only time I experienced issues is when I was using the Audeze DSP on wireless in certain weak spots in my house.

Maybe Roon is better for the 2Go as Roon is also chasing Chord to fix things.

For my other devices, Audirvana works 100% though.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #4,514 of 6,290
You should have registered with Roon before the cut off and they would have given you developer status, which would have enabled you to use your 2Go. Maybe if you ask them nicely and explain the situation they will sort you out.

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #4,515 of 6,290
Hi all, thought I'd drop in and share my experience with the h2go in the past month. I've always had problems with getting anything above 24/96 and dsd128 without dropouts.
Since a month its been running absolutely glitch free @ 24/384 and dsd256. I mean not one single instance of drop out or roon 'track loading slowly' messages.
So whats changed?
For starters its just me and the missus at home since a month. Extended family who were locked down with us have moved on. That's around 16 fewer devices hogging the network. Major, major culprit/solution.
Secondly, I put in optical between the server and the mesh hub serving the h2go. HUGE upgrade in sound quality. Probably added to network stability in a big way.
Finally, downloaded process lasso https://bitsum.com/ which is a cpu optimisation program for Windows. You can prioritise roon and also tell Windows to disable hyperthreading for roon.
This last step was maybe not needed, as my network and 2go were just chummy with the absence of relatives and the optical setup.

Not claiming any of this may work for you, but for sound quality alone the optical fiber setup is fantastic.:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back