Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3,694 of 6,288
If I use 2GO with MCONNECT.. .connection is flawless... out and about and at home.... i ONLY run into issues upscaling...

H2GO probably brings me more enjoyment (and frustration) than any other gadget I have owned. While conventional DAPS are getting better... I really think the ergonomics of headlessness are wonderful... we really do not need multiple screens.

The apple watch running mconnect with H2GO while out and about is great... control vol with apple watch dial and skip.

I cannot use a frankenstein implementation... ie wires connecting multiple devices.... therefore it is either DAP, MojoPoly or now H2GO.... H2GO eclipses everything and no matter what others say it is simply the best DAP on earth today. period. The pleasure of being able to go on a hike with this kind of SQ is really special.... the few civilians I have given a demo to love it and want their own.

ANd SQ of separate wireless endpoint is real.... i had a bump on mojo poly SQ just by adding a dedicated Roon NUC.... using 2go as endpoint another small bump. ALso there is no question I hear more organic sound when i upscale to 384 via roon... I have noticed this fo rsome time... go on 3 hour hike with mconnect and mojopoly... come home and switch to 384 roon and there is an added something...

Rob may measure in the lab but there are many cognitive things that happen with sound we really dont understand yet.... reason I do not pay attention to ANY measurement reporting etc... Darko etc ignore this... all about the experience... lab BS is catering to the .0000000001%.... can never grow a big meaningful company if this is your goal.
Unfortunately mconnect does not work over Bluetooth only so it is no solution for my use case.

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #3,695 of 6,288
FYI... there is a pranayama (breathing) technique that has shown improvement on average 9 dB for hearing... i was going to try it for a few months to see if it works... indeed would bring a marked improvement to the enjoyment of music if you could get a 5DB to 9DB bump.
Been doing a similar meditation called Nadabrahma on and off for 40 years. My 57 year old ears are in excellent shape!

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #3,697 of 6,288
I'm ceratinly enamored with my Hugo 2 for sure, just really not sure about the streamers. Even the Poly has been riddled with reports of issues and you would like they would have had the time to fix them by the time the 2Go came out.

Of note, Rob Watts did not have anything to do with the 2Go (or Poly), that was someone else. I also believe Rob doesn't use them himself FWIW, he just runs the Hugo 2 wired.

I find Poly near-perfect now, a 4 star (of 5) product with 5 star sound. I am really surprised that 2Go is having this many issues, given how well Poly performs now. I would have expected nearly the same HW and SW in 2Go, but with the addition of the 2nd SD card and the Ethernet connection.

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #3,698 of 6,288
wow.... need to check it out... recommend any good youtube vids?
Plenty utube vids. Just search Nadabrahma meditation. Its a relaxed variation of the more strict Yogic approach. Works on the principle that all matter is just coalesced forms of frequencies. Plugging ones ears focuses it more in the head area but that should be done no more than 5 minutes couple of times a day. Pretty strong stuff.

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #3,699 of 6,288
Thanks @Jimjim77 @SteveHulk for the help on playlists. Now with the help of notepad++ I was able to edit the playlists made in mp3tag by replacing \ with / and then deleting the root sdcard path. Finally hitting the convert to unix. All as batch processes.
The playlists do need to be in the root folder of the sdcard whist the music folders can easily be 3 folders deep ( genre/artist/album/tracks).
A bit of getting used to, but works.

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #3,700 of 6,288
Plenty utube vids. Just search Nadabrahma meditation. Its a relaxed variation of the more strict Yogic approach. Works on the principle that all matter is just coalesced forms of frequencies. Plugging ones ears focuses it more in the head area but that should be done no more than 5 minutes couple of times a day. Pretty strong stuff.
Sounds like quantum field theory - how fascinating

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #3,701 of 6,288
Thanks @Jimjim77 @SteveHulk for the help on playlists. Now with the help of notepad++ I was able to edit the playlists made in mp3tag by replacing \ with / and then deleting the root sdcard path. Finally hitting the convert to unix. All as batch processes.
The playlists do need to be in the root folder of the sdcard whist the music folders can easily be 3 folders deep ( genre/artist/album/tracks).
A bit of getting used to, but works.
You're welcome.

@Mark S I can take a look for the Mac Os solution but for now I can't test without the 2Yu I'm waiting for.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #3,703 of 6,288
Suddenly 2go is not recognized in my roon :frowning2:. Tried factory reset, restart 2go, hugo2, windows, router, everything.
It recognized only as Airplay and not as it used to be in direct connection, anyone knows whats going on?

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #3,704 of 6,288
Suddenly 2go is not recognized in my roon :frowning2:. Tried factory reset, restart 2go, hugo2, windows, router, everything.
It recognized only as Airplay and not as it used to be in direct connection, anyone knows whats going on?
Try charging separately? It is seen as airplay? Go to Roon settings and enable it again.... is it seen in devices?

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #3,705 of 6,288
Charges 100%... i actually find it hard now to disconnect the 2go since i lost this metal thing that disconnect the scraws:).
In roon setting i do not see anything related to 2Go.. it was there yesterday and today i now see nothing related to 2go in my roon. Few days it was so good without problems i thought i'm behind the frustration part with it :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back