Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #3,661 of 6,290
GoFigure won't read such playlists.
I have hit a snag with the automatic playlist generation.

I used Chord's MALP procedure (YouTube video) to create some specimen playlists on an sd card so I could see exactly what was created.

I have written Windows command-line scripts to reproduce exactly what I saw, but automatically.

BubbleUPnP has no trouble seeing and playing my playlists without errors.

GoFigure moans that they are malformed.

There is no visible difference between the playlists in the case where I produce them and where MALP produces them. A playlist is just a text file containing a list of file pathnames for the tracks on the playlist.

I have sent a support request to chord in thy hope they can explain exactly what it is that gofigure requires.

Until then, my goal of using gofigure when out and about on its Bluetooth (no WiFi) mode remains unreached. To my frustration.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #3,662 of 6,290
I have hit a snag with the automatic playlist generation.

I used Chord's MALP procedure (YouTube video) to create some specimen playlists on an sd card so I could see exactly what was created.

I have written Windows command-line scripts to reproduce exactly what I saw, but automatically.

BubbleUPnP has no trouble seeing and playing my playlists without errors.

GoFigure moans that they are malformed.

There is no visible difference between the playlists in the case where I produce them and where MALP produces them. A playlist is just a text file containing a list of file pathnames for the tracks on the playlist.

I have sent a support request to chord in thy hope they can explain exactly what it is that gofigure requires.

Until then, my goal of using gofigure when out and about on its Bluetooth (no WiFi) mode remains unreached. To my frustration.
I can't test because as I said I should wait for the 2Yu however even if the two files seems identical they could have a difference with the new line character which is different in Unix and Windows.
More information on this link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

It could explain why it works in one case and not in the other one.

Speaking which, there is a tool under unix to convert file from Windows/dos way to unix way : https://linux.die.net/man/1/dos2unix

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #3,663 of 6,290
I can't test because as I said I should wait for the 2Yu however even if the two files seems identical they could have a difference with the new line character which is different in Unix and Windows.
More information on this link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

It could explain why it works in one case and not in the other one.

Speaking which, there is a tool under unix to convert file from Windows/dos way to unix way : https://linux.die.net/man/1/dos2unix
I will definitely look into this. It has a great chance of being the solution. Thanks a lot 🙂

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #3,664 of 6,290
Holy trinity H2GO, LCD 4Z, IER Z1R + Livracable grand... waiting for custom case to spec.

It is definitely worth getting a custom case if you use your H2Go in any mobile/portable fashion imo. I dropped mine from chest height onto a stone floor and it landed with a mighty clatter. I nervously checked it over then switched it on and, fortunately, it was still working and there was only a minimal amount of damage. So the H2Go is definitely a solid unit, but the experience prompted me into getting a case. Turned out very nicely and makes moving the unit around a lot easier due to better grip and protects from scratches - not just on the H2Go, but furniture and anything else you plonk the unit down on. Here is a photo of the damage to H2Go as well as H2Go in its new jacket!

73FE494E-A7F1-4870-B2EB-4557FBE389EC.jpeg770BBCBE-017E-4C4D-8588-B723551251BB.jpeg

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #3,665 of 6,290
There are certainly settings that can break it as Stourmead has shown.

So last night I swapped out my netgear Nighthawk 'gamer' router and reverted back to the standard Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

Guess what. Improved wifi 'stability' throughout the house, and the 2go doesn't drop out in the attic, and my iPhone running MConnect picks it up straight away without faffing about.

HOWEVER, although 16/44.1 tracks all play flawlessly, I still get clicks and pops on 24/88 and 96 etc. 24/44 and 48 were 'mostly' ok So maybe all is still not perfect... watch this space, might need to reposition my router.

To be honest though its night and day difference in terms of connectivity compared with the Netgear, and that gaming router has been more trouble than its worth anyway, by a LONG distance. Probably going on eBay real soon lol

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,666 of 6,290
It is definitely worth getting a custom case if you use your H2Go in any mobile/portable fashion imo. I dropped mine from chest height onto a stone floor and it landed with a mighty clatter. I nervously checked it over then switched it on and, fortunately, it was still working and there was only a minimal amount of damage. So the H2Go is definitely a solid unit, but the experience prompted me into getting a case. Turned out very nicely and makes moving the unit around a lot easier due to better grip and protects from scratches - not just on the H2Go, but furniture and anything else you plonk the unit down on. Here is a photo of the damage to H2Go as well as H2Go in its new jacket!

Ouch!

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #3,667 of 6,290
GoFigure won't read such playlists.

Ah, that's frustrating... I hadn't bothered with them via the 2go as the indexing by Artist, etc is pretty good via mconnect. The playlists do work with Vox though, otherwise I would have deleted them.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #3,668 of 6,290
I've often wondered if there are router settings that could make this whole $hit$how work better. Never have had the time to dig in though.

Doody

The advice I received was to turn off all the router settings.

This came from a dealer and from a technician with the internet provider. They were right.

I use hot spot for walks (SD card) and the case is in transit now.

Having my library w me and this level of sound quality is other worldly.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #3,669 of 6,290
So last night I swapped out my nether Nighthawk 'gamer' router and reverted back to the standard Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

Guess what. Improved wifi 'stability' throughout the house, and the 2go doesn't drop out in the attic, and my iPhone running MConnect picks it up straight away without faffing about.

HOWEVER, although 16/44.1 tracks all play flawlessly, I still get clicks and pops on 24/88 and 96 etc. 24/44 and 48 were 'mostly' ok So maybe all is still not perfect... watch this space, might need to reposition my router.

To be honest though its night and day difference in terms of connectivity compared with the Netgear, and that gaming router has been more trouble than its worth anyway, by a LONG distance. Probably going on eBay real soon lol
Wifi doesn't like 15" stone walls. Do you have any of those?

It doesn't like too much interference from neighbours either. Try a different channel maybe?

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #3,670 of 6,290

It doesn't like too much interference from neighbours either. Try a different channel maybe?

just a standard interwar London terraced brick house with an attic conversion .
I’ve had another fiddle downstairs with the router positioning (it’s now out for behind the main hifi rig and in the windowsill)

looks to have done something as I’m only getting pops occasionally on 24/96.

Foals everything not saved part 1 album is just blinking delicious

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #3,671 of 6,290
I’ve had another fiddle downstairs with the router positioning (it’s now out for behind the main hifi rig and in the windowsill)
looks to have done something as I’m only getting pops occasionally on 24/96.
Does your main hifi rig (plus stands?) have plenty of metallic surfaces, which can block/reflect radio waves?

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #3,672 of 6,290
Does your main hifi rig (plus stands?) have plenty of metallic surfaces, which can block/reflect radio waves?
The main lump of metal in the lounge is the radiator , also near the router...
As for the hifi, it'a a Bamboo shelf unit from Atacama.The amp & CD player were also v close to the router so maybe we are talking about percentages of improvement rather than a step change

In any case, router is now off the floor and performance upstairs is better now , and certainly less fiddly than going via the netgear router despite its claimed improvement of wifi signal.

Things I'm still not happy with -
Tidal is snafu if using the 'built in' credentials on the 2go, so have to go in via Mconnect's own internet sources menu.

The sheer amount of effort expended trying to configure this thing was way out of whack for a commercial product costing £1k. Its still glitchy , you're never quite sure what will happen if you switch it off. Will the network status light switch to and stay on yellow forever? or just go out after 20 seconds like a good 2go.

Also I've noticed the Hugo itself occasionally now doesn't revert back to last played volume correctly - I use the line out mode quite a bit and find it just doesn't want to boot straight into line out now.

BUT.... importantly.... having sat now for a solid few hours and done a listening session I'm happy the sound quality is a step up from the previous setup (Pi3b+ with All digione signature, and shanti LPS, running PiCorePlayer v6 and LMS).

I'll sit back down in my corner now and hope it doesn't f up again lol

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #3,673 of 6,290
Having my library w me and this level of sound quality is other worldly.

Too right. By complete coincidence, I just posted this on the Diana thread.

This is a powerful and impressive combo in my opinion. For such a compact and portable solution, to have my whole music collection available anywhere I go delivered with such decent sound quality is amazing. Technology is a wonderful thing. I would have loved this as a kid but never even dreamt it would be possible even 10 ears ago.

F9848382-E44C-4CF0-B2B5-162050A978D8.jpeg

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #3,674 of 6,290
Also I've noticed the Hugo itself occasionally now doesn't revert back to last played volume correctly - I use the line out mode quite a bit and find it just doesn't want to boot straight into line out now.
If you boot up into line out, then change the volume, the H2 should remember the last played volume.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-13769668
If you boot up into line out, but do not then change the volume, the H2 will not remember the line out setting when you next switch on.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #3,675 of 6,290

Perhaps you should demolish your house and live in a tent... 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back