Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 19, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #16,081 of 33,689
Anyone tried or heard Senhear before? They have got 3/5/8/12 driver model.

I've found a few sellers on taobao, supposedly using their own BA. Looks like another custom DIY maker, so they should be competent like Hisenior. The FR graph they included is suspiciously flat though, same for all models regardless of BA number.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #16,083 of 33,689
It also feels more stable than an earbud (earbuds always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears at any moment).

I definitely also like the convenience and speed at which I can just pop it out to answer the phone or speak with someone, then plop it back in and go back to the music.
One of the weirdest things is having deeply inserted earplugs/in-ear with a mic on the cable. When trying to speak at a phone call, the ear canal is plugged so that one cannot hear their own voice and the air flow is interrupted. It feels like drowning. Don't know what the designers thought when they came up with this.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #16,085 of 33,689
I wish more people got the TSMR 3 BA, i just want to be sure if they are as nice as they sound to me.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #16,086 of 33,689
Thanks but do the ones you suggested have tihick meaty midrange? as that's what is a deal breaker for me. I heard from a lot of reviews that the it01 has a vshaped sound with a thin midrange which is completely against my signature. I would like lots of bass with thick meaty midrange and preferably not vshaped. Thanks alot everyone.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #16,087 of 33,689
Thanks but do the ones you suggested have tihick meaty midrange? as that's what is a deal breaker for me. I heard from a lot of reviews that the it01 has a vshaped sound with a thin midrange which is completely against my signature. I would like lots of bass with thick meaty midrange and preferably not vshaped. Thanks alot everyone.
i hear the it01 as more u-shaped, with thick mids slightly behind--the pioneer sech9t is more midforward, esp. in midbass region, and should also be considered.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #16,088 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #16,089 of 33,689
i hear the it01 as more u-shaped, with thick mids slightly behind--the pioneer sech9t is more midforward, esp. in midbass region, and should also be considered.
Thanks, would you the mids are as thick as something like my current rock jaws or the ostrys? It's the thick mids I'm after and most reviews complain about the mids of the it01. However the ch9t seems interesting I'll check it out now thanks.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #16,090 of 33,689
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #16,091 of 33,689
Interesting. How do you compare it to other earbuds in your collection? Does the subbass lacking with that loosely seal?

I have very few earbuds. You can see which models in my profile.

Because I have so few, and the ones I have are not even that ‘high end’ of models, I am probably not the best person to give a comprehensive comparison with how the T5 stack up to other earbuds in general.

However, I will say that I like my T5 more than all my earbuds.

As far as the sub bass, there is plenty of sub bass if you get a seal. The included silicone covers have wings that help hold them in your ear and increase the seal (and thus the sub bass). You will also get lots of sub bass depending on how you have them situated in your ear.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #16,092 of 33,689
Could you also confirm about the mids of this iem please?
Nothing wrong with the mids. I am a mid-centric guy...see my review of the KZ ZS10:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/

A strong bass goes inadvertently at the expense of the mids. Some of the "best" mids you find in the Etymotics, but they have next to no bass. The bass also make the ibasso somewhat warm sounding. The Head-Fi reviews will tell you whether they are for you.

If you want to get the best bang for your buck, there is the highly praised $300 massdrop multi driver...which will likely play more on the neutral side.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #16,093 of 33,689
Thanks, would you the mids are as thick as something like my current rock jaws or the ostrys? It's the thick mids I'm after and most reviews complain about the mids of the it01. However the ch9t seems interesting I'll check it out now thanks.
You may want to check out the KZ-ES4

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #16,094 of 33,689
Nothing wrong with the mids. I am a mid-centric guy...see my review of the KZ ZS10:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/

A strong bass goes inadvertently at the expense of the mids. Some of the "best" mids you find in the Etymotics, but they have next to no bass. The bass also make the ibasso somewhat warm sounding. The Head-Fi reviews will tell you whether they are for you.

If you want to get the best bang for your buck, there is the highly praised $300 massdrop multi driver...which will likely play more on the neutral side.
I really appreciate your detailed response. I just skimmed over alot of reviews on this and other various sites about the it01 and and everyone says it's out of this world for the price range with amazing bass and soundstage. However half of them are complaining that the male vocal isn't good or the the sound is too much behind or its thin sounding or lacking body. This is where some reviews on other sites made me aware of the latest ostrys kc09 which seems like my signature but really rare on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back