Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #16,096 of 33,689
I have very few earbuds. You can see which models in my profile.

Because I have so few, and the ones I have are not even that ‘high end’ of models, I am probably not the best person to give a comprehensive comparison with how the T5 stack up to other earbuds in general.

However, I will say that I like my T5 more than all my earbuds.

As far as the sub bass, there is plenty of sub bass if you get a seal. The included silicone covers have wings that help hold them in your ear and increase the seal (and thus the sub bass). You will also get lots of sub bass depending on how you have them situated in your ear.
+1 ...same here, they're just that good! :beerchug:

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #16,099 of 33,689
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #16,100 of 33,689
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #16,101 of 33,689
Finally, I have passed 110 hours plus with my KZ ED16 and did some initial comparisons with Magaosi K3 (original), K3 PRO, K3 HD, and MEMT R7. And while doing so, I can say that even all the ones mentioned above though housed in alloy/metal can not compare with the accuracy, smoothness and open field clarity that the ED16 represents. The coherency and transparency in the upper MID's is just brilliant and really shows a higher accomplishment than what I was expecting from the usual KZ line-up! Just the interior set-up of the dynamic driver and balanced armature tuning are probably worth a lot more than many at the same price range housed in metal. The sound signature and tuning is down-right just that good!

Next, I'll be comparing the ED16 with the HiLisening K5 and SENDIY M1221. Now, the competition will be getting close and edgy! :knife::hushed:

-Clear

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #16,102 of 33,689
How do the T5 compare to the Langsdom F9 sound wise?

I knew you would ask that:) I will try to check it out later tonight but you know how I am... I will just say if it is better or not. I expect that it is. Have not heard the Langsdom in a very long time. I bought it before any of my buds.

One of the weirdest things is having deeply inserted earplugs/in-ear with a mic on the cable. When trying to speak at a phone call, the ear canal is plugged so that one cannot hear their own voice and the air flow is interrupted. It feels like drowning. Don't know what the designers thought when they came up with this.

I had no idea. I have never used a mic on a cable. In fact, I always pick the no mic option if there is one. I never have listened to music from a phone but even if I were to do so in the future I would turn off calls if I was listening to music. I can't have my music interrupted if I am really into it! It's a horrible feeling.

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #16,103 of 33,689
Finally, I have passed 110 hours plus with my KZ ED16 and did some initial comparisons with Magaosi K3 (original), K3 PRO, K3 HD, and MEMT R7. And while doing so, I can say that even all the ones mentioned above though housed in alloy/metal can not compare with the accuracy, smoothness and open field clarity that the ED16 represents. The coherency and transparency in the upper MID's is just brilliant and really shows a higher accomplishment than what I was expecting from the usual KZ line-up! Just the interior set-up of the dynamic driver and balanced armature tuning are probably worth a lot more than many at the same price range housed in metal. The sound signature and tuning is down-right just that good!

Next, I'll be comparing the ED16 with the HiLisening K5 and SENDIY M1221. Now, the competition will be getting close and edgy! :knife::hushed:

-Clear

Do you have the ZS6 to compare the ED16 to?

Because I’m not very trusting of DIY graphs, but I find this quite interesting:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2256#post-14312191

You have to admit, other than a few dBs of sub bass, the measurements look virtually the same.

Granted, FR measurements don’t capture characteristics like soundstage, but it is still interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #16,104 of 33,689
Nothing wrong with the mids. I am a mid-centric guy...see my review of the KZ ZS10:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/

A strong bass goes inadvertently at the expense of the mids. Some of the "best" mids you find in the Etymotics, but they have next to no bass. The bass also make the ibasso somewhat warm sounding. The Head-Fi reviews will tell you whether they are for you.

If you want to get the best bang for your buck, there is the highly praised $300 massdrop multi driver...which will likely play more on the neutral side.

@Otto Motor the hisenior b5 and massdrop plus according some user who have them both .. The iems both have same soundstage which is big .. And the hisenior b5 is more basslight and cheaper version of massdrop plus..

Edit: In general they are same iem

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #16,105 of 33,689
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks

Comparing to the Alpha Genus v2 with black nozzles (I don't know where the other nozzles are) and all with wide bore tips, iBasso IT01, Pioneer SE-CH9T and Simgot EN700 Bass are all warm candidates with quite thick mids that are more forward than the Genus and their treble is also more relaxed. None have got the kind of bass the Genus has however, all have less and/or peaking lower so you won't get the kind of impact you're used to with either of them. The best technically is the IT01 IMO with the other two not far behind and all three are very enjoyable earphones. As for the KC09, while not a bad earphone which has also a relaxed and warm sound signature , it sounds quite hollow to my ears compared to the other four and I strongly doubt you'd feel it is an upgrade over the Genus. I don't think you'd find the Focal Sphear, which has been mentioned too, a satisfactory upgrade either.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #16,106 of 33,689
I knew you would ask that:) I will try to check it out later tonight but you know how I am... I will just say if it is better or not. I expect that it is. Have not heard the Langsdom in a very long time. I bought it before any of my buds.

I had no idea. I have never used a mic on a cable. In fact, I always pick the no mic option if there is one. I never have listened to music from a phone but even if I were to do so in the future I would turn off calls if I was listening to music. I can't have my music interrupted if I am really into it! It's a horrible feeling.

The reason why I get cables with mic is not because of the mic, it is because of the remote that comes with the mic. I like to skip/forward songs.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #16,107 of 33,689

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2256#post-14312191

You have to admit, other than a few dBs of sub bass, the measurements look virtually the same.

Granted, FR measurements don’t capture characteristics like soundstage, but it is still interesting nonetheless.

Check out Crinacle database here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-fr-measurement-database-19-06-update.830062/

Indeed sonically ED16 looks like similar to ZSR with more tamed treble.
ES4 looks a bit scary to me with very energetic upper mids (in the line of the ZS10 which become very harsh and fatiguing at high volume) but also very subdued treble after the 2-4 KHz peaks. Pretty sure I'm not into that.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #16,108 of 33,689
I don't think you'd find the Focal Sphear, which has been mentioned too, a satisfactory upgrade either.

You are probably right...but the Focal Sphear are a different beast altogether. I like them a lot but for no good reason - this is truly opinion. They have this silky bass that is very pleasant on my ears - and a fantastic fit through their bulbous shape. The ibasso are (probably) technically better but the Sphear are my "potato chips" for the soul. Listening like "God in France".

If the Sphear are on sale (I saw them for $89), I highly recommend them - and would buy the ibasso or its alternatives, too...which I actually did :)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #16,109 of 33,689
The reason why I get cables with mic is not because of the mic, it is because of the remote that comes with the mic. I like to skip/forward songs.

But that does not work with DAPs and I don't skip songs anyway. I enjoy full albums... always have.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #16,110 of 33,689

Unfortunately, I never got around in buying the ZS6, since the majority of owners had placed the ZS6 as sibilant and spikey (at around 10kz, maybe?). But, after buying the KZ ZS5 (v1), I never gave the ZS6 some thought in getting one. But, since I do own both the ZS5 and ED16, the ED16 just outperforms them with much better coherency and transparency, but resolution is about the same. My personal experience with the ED16 is that it basically doesn't need any MOD at all for what it's worth. To my ears, there is no sibilant or harshness, whatsoever. They are just brilliant and balanced from end to end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back