Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #16,111 of 33,689
The reason why I get cables with mic is not because of the mic, it is because of the remote that comes with the mic. I like to skip/forward songs.
I never get mic, believe it affects sound, don't know why but most of the early iem's I have had mic's and I prefered the tone of the same iem without mic.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #16,113 of 33,689
I never get mic, believe it affects sound, don't know why but most of the early iem's I have had mic's and I prefered the tone of the same iem without mic.

I choose the no mic version because it eliminates a possible weak point... just something that could break. So if I don't need it,why get it.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #16,114 of 33,689
I choose the no mic version because it eliminates a possible weak point... just something that could break. So if I don't need it,why get it.

Non-mic versions are almost always cheaper too. When you have a large IEM collection, that extra cost adds up.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #16,115 of 33,689
Comparing to the Alpha Genus v2 with black nozzles (I don't know where the other nozzles are) and all with wide bore tips, iBasso IT01, Pioneer SE-CH9T and Simgot EN700 Bass are all warm candidates with quite thick mids that are more forward than the Genus and their treble is also more relaxed. None have got the kind of bass the Genus has however, all have less and/or peaking lower so you won't get the kind of impact you're used to with either of them. The best technically is the IT01 IMO with the other two not far behind and all three are very enjoyable earphones. As for the KC09, while not a bad earphone which has also a relaxed and warm sound signature , it sounds quite hollow to my ears compared to the other four and I strongly doubt you'd feel it is an upgrade over the Genus. I don't think you'd find the Focal Sphear, which has been mentioned too, a satisfactory upgrade either.
I am extremely grateful for your detailed reply, I have been looking everywhere for someone that has the genus and could point me in the right direction. Thanks ever so much. But the problem is I really like the bass of the genus it really is special (the black tip ones) but the mids are too back. What is the best solution in your opinion, because I do not want to go a step down in bass, I want to keep it all the same but just with a bit more better mids whilst keeping it thick. Someone told me the ostry has alot of bass and the mids are nice and thick soon thought that was an upgrade.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #16,116 of 33,689
Comparing to the Alpha Genus v2 with black nozzles (I don't know where the other nozzles are) and all with wide bore tips, iBasso IT01, Pioneer SE-CH9T and Simgot EN700 Bass are all warm candidates with quite thick mids that are more forward than the Genus and their treble is also more relaxed. None have got the kind of bass the Genus has however, all have less and/or peaking lower so you won't get the kind of impact you're used to with either of them. The best technically is the IT01 IMO with the other two not far behind and all three are very enjoyable earphones. As for the KC09, while not a bad earphone which has also a relaxed and warm sound signature , it sounds quite hollow to my ears compared to the other four and I strongly doubt you'd feel it is an upgrade over the Genus. I don't think you'd find the Focal Sphear, which has been mentioned too, a satisfactory upgrade either.
Also do you think I may like the fh1 or the tk13, I know their really popular aswell. Please recommend me one out of all these that have been mentioned and I will opt for that one. Thanks

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #16,117 of 33,689
I am extremely grateful for your detailed reply, I have been looking everywhere for someone that has the genus and could point me in the right direction. Thanks ever so much. But the problem is I really like the bass of the genus it really is special (the black tip ones) but the mids are too back. What is the best solution in your opinion, because I do not want to go a step down in bass, I want to keep it all the same but just with a bit more better mids whilst keeping it thick. Someone told me the ostry has alot of bass and the mids are nice and thick soon thought that was an upgrade.

You may like the Shozy Hibiki if you want similar bass but with forward mids. Again I am pretty certain the Ostry isn't what you're looking for.

Also do you think I may like the fh1 or the tk13, I know their really popular aswell. Please recommend me one out of all these that have been mentioned and I will opt for that one. Thanks

I don't have any of those two and never listened to them, sorry. Of all those I mentioned maybe it's the Hibiki you're looking for but I find them too mid forward sometimes, bass is the closest tough. If you want a bit less bass but more extended and better clarity/resolution, go for the IT01.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #16,118 of 33,689
You may like the Shozy Hibiki if you want similar bass but with forward mids. Again I am pretty certain the Ostry isn't what you're looking for.

I don't have any of those two and never listened to them, sorry. Of all those I mentioned maybe it's the Hibiki you're looking for but I find them too mid forward sometimes, bass is the closest tough. If you want a bit less bass but more extended and better clarity/resolution, go for the IT01.[/QUO

I don't have any of those two and never listened to them, sorry. Of all those I mentioned maybe it's the Hibiki you're looking for but I find them too mid forward sometimes, bass is the closest tough. If you want a bit less bass but more extended and better clarity/resolution, go for the IT01.
Thanks very much. And out of all of them which one had the thickest mids? I know alot of them may sound forward but more want thickness and not recessed

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #16,119 of 33,689

@Nabillion_786
If you’re looking for thick mids, the KC09 aren’t exactly the best. I find the upper-mids and lower-treble a bit hot, as well as the mid-bass being a tad heavy. The bass and treble sorta drown out the mids, making them feel slightly hollow and muted. When I think of “thick mids,” the following come to mind: Urbanfun Hifi (super thick midrange with excellent resolution; mid-bass can be a bit much at times, but then again I’m not a bass head), TRN V20 (v-shaped, but warm and somewhat bassy), NiceHck HK6 (these have a phenomenally thick midrange with a wiiiiide soundstage and great details; but my only complaint is that, again, the mid-bass is just a little too much for me), and the iBasso IT01, as mentioned before.

I saw that you had some concerns about the mids on the IT01 being too thin or underemphasized as some user reviews stated. As a fellow midrange finatic, I can assure you that the mids are excellent on these. Male vocals feel very intimate and full, with the right amount of body. Instruments are also full-bodied with lots of texture, definition, and separation. They’re technical monsters in that regard. I have no idea why people are calling the mids on the IT01 “thin,” but I completely disagree with that statement. Everything feels extremely lively and engaging and the midrange has some excellent transparency and clarity. Even the bass is so well done. I love sub-bass and these babies deliver.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #16,120 of 33,689
Everything feels extremely lively and engaging and the midrange has some excellent transparency and clarity. Even the bass is so well done. I love sub-bass and these babies deliver.

I feel the same way about the IT01. Maybe the people who find them lacking are getting a poor fit or have not found the right tips. I am using the stock tips that were already installed when they arrived. No problem.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #16,121 of 33,689
@Nabillion_786
If you’re looking for thick mids, the KC09 aren’t exactly the best. I find the upper-mids and lower-treble a bit hot, as well as the mid-bass being a tad heavy. The bass and treble sorta drown out the mids, making them feel slightly hollow and muted. When I think of “thick mids,” the following come to mind: Urbanfun Hifi (super thick midrange with excellent resolution; mid-bass can be a bit much at times, but then again I’m not a bass head), TRN V20 (v-shaped, but warm and somewhat bassy), NiceHck HK6 (these have a phenomenally thick midrange with a wiiiiide soundstage and great details; but my only complaint is that, again, the mid-bass is just a little too much for me), and the iBasso IT01, as mentioned before.

I saw that you had some concerns about the mids on the IT01 being too thin or underemphasized as some user reviews stated. As a fellow midrange finatic, I can assure you that the mids are excellent on these. Male vocals feel very intimate and full, with the right amount of body. Instruments are also full-bodied with lots of texture, definition, and separation. They’re technical monsters in that regard. I have no idea why people are calling the mids on the IT01 “thin,” but I completely disagree with that statement. Everything feels extremely lively and engaging and the midrange has some excellent transparency and clarity. Even the bass is so well done. I love sub-bass and these babies deliver.
Thanks, very much appreciated, this community is soo helpful. I'm going to look into some of them you mentioned. Btw have you tried the new fh1 or the tk13?

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #16,122 of 33,689
@Nabillion_786: Get the IT01 and be done with it. You'll like them, everybody does.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #16,123 of 33,689
I feel the same way about the IT01. Maybe the people who find them lacking are getting a poor fit or have not found the right tips. I am using the stock tips that were already installed when they arrived. No problem.
That may be the case, since a thin-sounding midrange is usually the result of a bad seal. The stock tips and Starlines work great with them.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #16,124 of 33,689
Thanks, very much appreciated, this community is soo helpful. I'm going to look into some of them you mentioned. Btw have you tried the new fh1 or the tk13?
Unfortunately, I don’t have either. I was eyeing the TK12S not too long ago. A couple reviews state they have a thick midrange, but I also remember someone on here saying that they can be harsh/sibilant.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #16,125 of 33,689
Unfortunately, I don’t have either. I was eyeing the TK12S not too long ago. A couple reviews state they have a thick midrange, but I also remember someone on here saying that they can be harsh/sibilant.
All of you have been a life saver thanks alot, much appreciated for that detailed response. The other person told me to just forget it and go for the it01, what would you say is the absolute best for my type of sound signature and worthy upgrade from my rock jaws?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back