Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 18, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #16,066 of 33,689
Ordered ZS ED16.

Going through KZ thread, I see my views are pretty consistent with the views there. Relaxed iem with good sub bass extension. Mid bass hump but doesn't bleed much into mids. Lush mids. Not ear piercing highs. Just the same recommendation for eartip, wide bore eartip (I am using Rock Zircon eartips).

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #16,067 of 33,689
The BGVP MRY6 unfortunately gets a pass from me. Like the YPS04, it has some definite strengths (ex. build quality :astonished:) but they're offset by some major weaknesses, like three complete sets of tips that don't really fit and some questionable ergonomics.

The Contraptionist / Head-fi

20180605_171843.jpg 20180605_172316.jpg 20180605_172334.jpg

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #16,068 of 33,689
MEMT T5 arrived today, and I’ve been using them non-stop.

They sound quite good depending on the quality of the seal you can get from it’s EarPod-style shell.

I think it’s using the same 6mm micro driver as the X5, because it sounds very similar (yet better, I assume due to its more open design). Plus my X5 is v1, and I know they made some tuning improvements in the v2. I assume the T5 is more related to the v2.

Anyways, if you enjoy the sound of the X5 then give the T5 a consideration.

The cable is nice too, and has a cool removable chin slider that I soooo wish they sold separately because I would buy a few dozen of them! Why no other company has come out with a chin slider like this is beyond me.

It does stay in the ear better than Apple EarPods, because the solid aluminum build adds just enough heft that it provides much needed stabilization (even without the included silicone covers). It also feels more stable than an earbud (earbuds always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears at any moment).

I definitely also like the convenience and speed at which I can just pop it out to answer the phone or speak with someone, then plop it back in and go back to the music.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #16,069 of 33,689

They sound quite good depending on the quality of the seal you can get from it’s EarPod-style shell.

I think it’s using the same 6mm micro driver as the X5, because it sounds very similar (yet better, I assume due to its more open design). Plus my X5 is v1, and I know they made some improvements in the v2. I assume the T5 is more related to the v2.

It does stay in the ear better than Apple EarPods, because the solid aluminum build adds just enough heft that it provides much needed stabilization (even without the included silicone covers). It also feels more stable than an earbud (earbuds always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears at any moment).

I definitely also like the convenience and speed at which I can just pop it out to answer the phone of speak with someone, then plop it back in and go back to the music.

Sounds like something I need to check out. The X5 was fun :) Thanks for the impressions!

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #16,070 of 33,689
Sounds like something I need to check out. The X5 was fun :) Thanks for the impressions!

Sure, no problem.

It is definitely a fun sound, and it is much more balanced/neutral ca the X5 because the sub bass gets dialed back from the non-sealing AirPod type format (like the sound with an earbud). Kind of reminds me of the TinAudio T2.

It’s also great for movies and videos, due to its neutral tune. The mids allow you to hear speech, and the dialed back sub bass prevents your ear drums from being blown out by explosions and other loud sounds.

My biggest gripe is that the T5 is a bit overpriced IMO. Maybe because it’s kinda new. But I would like to see the price come down to ~$20. It’s still worth the current asking price though. MEMT stuff is always a few bucks more than other competitors.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #16,071 of 33,689
Sure, no problem.

It is definitely a fun sound, and it is much more balanced/neutral ca the X5 because the sub bass gets dialed back from the non-sealing AirPod type format (like the sound with an earbud). Kind of reminds me of the TinAudio T2.

It’s also great for movies and videos, due to its neutral tune. The mids allow you to hear speech, and the dialed back sub bass prevents your ear drums from being blown out by explosions and other loud sounds.

My biggest gripe is that the T5 is a bit overpriced IMO. Maybe because it’s kinda new. But I would like to see the price come down to ~$20. It’s still worth the current asking price though. MEMT stuff is always a few bucks more than other competitors.

Interesting. How do you compare it to other earbuds in your collection? Does the subbass lacking with that loosely seal?

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #16,072 of 33,689
The BGVP MRY6 unfortunately gets a pass from me. Like the YPS04, it has some definite strengths (ex. build quality :astonished:) but they're offset by some major weaknesses, like three complete sets of tips that don't really fit and some questionable ergonomics.

"Polarizing design" is a fitting statement :).

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #16,073 of 33,689

I think it’s using the same 6mm micro driver as the X5, because it sounds very similar (yet better, I assume due to its more open design). Plus my X5 is v1, and I know they made some tuning improvements in the v2. I assume the T5 is more related to the v2.

The cable is nice too, and has a cool removable chin slider that I soooo wish they sold separately because I would buy a few dozen of them! Why no other company has come out with a chin slider like this is beyond me.

I definitely also like the convenience and speed at which I can just pop it out to answer the phone or speak with someone, then plop it back in and go back to the music.
Interesting. I have yet another EarPods clone, the Langsdom F9, which is not as good as the original...and I don't find the original good for music...but also very practical for phone calls on the go.

For all Canadians: killer deal on the KEF M500 @ $95 CAD (usually >$300): https://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/Details.aspx?categoryId=185&productId=29316&sku=M500BLACK

Also reviewed on Head-Fi.

KEF M500 .jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #16,074 of 33,689
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #16,075 of 33,689
Interesting. I have yet another EarPods clone, the Langsdom F9, which is not as good as the original...and I don't find the original good for music...but also very practical for phone calls on the go.

For all Canadians: killer deal of the KEF M500 @ $95 CAD (usually >$300): https://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/Details.aspx?categoryId=185&productId=29316&sku=M500BLACK

Also reviewed on Head-Fi.

I saw that deal on Redflagdeals. I actually have the kef m400 and really enjoy them. I'm gonna look into the m500 but i'm gonna see if its worth selling the m400 and getting the 500 instead. Seems like a stellar deal. I know they are a bit older but i hear they sound great.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #16,076 of 33,689

Did you receive yours in the original package?

If you look on the back of your T5 package, it's actually housing a 14.2mm titanium driver, not a 6mm driver as many sellers are wrongfully enquiring on there websites. That's a BIG typo from their part.

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #16,077 of 33,689
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks
How much are you looking to spend?

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #16,079 of 33,689
How much are you looking to spend?[/QUOT
two that come to mind are the ibasso it01 and the focal sphear--i'd also look at one of the tfz models like the 5.

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #16,080 of 33,689

That happens to me whenever I use them...I just don't want to stop.

I would buy them too. I used the spare that they included on my KZ ZS10. The new stock KZ cable is ridiculously long above the split which causes tangling. Should someone try to contact MEMT about buying some?

feels more stable than an earbud (earbuds always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears at any moment).

I had found that with my Langsdom F9 pod so when the T5 was announced I was one of the first to order. Took ages to arrive as it was probably a preorder. Because of that feeling that they might fall out, I don't walk around with buds. I can walk around with the pods..I use them without the covers. I use all my buds with foams which does make them feel more secure to me.

We could all just go back to simple pods:). ...and the T5 does sound great. Very enjoyable.

We probably should be sharing ithese impressions in the earbud roundup thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back