Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 17, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #16,036 of 33,689
Its similar to your thoughts of the T2 being technically better than the ZS10. Its highly subjective.

The T2 plays very well on almost any source, sounds very good straight out of any typical headphone jack. But it can be mildly sibilant on some tracks.

The ZS10 needs a little bit of amping to get the best out of its drivers, sibilance is almost non-existent on the same tracks. If I can pick out sibilance on it, usually I can also pick it out on my HD6xx, meaning that its the musical track that has issues.

Its NOT impressive out of most headphone jacks though.

Though sensitivity levels are supposedly similar between the T2 and ZS10.

Its also heavily dependent on the sources you're listening to. Like say if you listen to female vocals that have been heavily processed( a few tracks in the Adele 25 album for example), you're more likely to pick up the sibilance. But if you were listening to audiophile vocals that emphasise on the purity of recording, chances are the sibilance will not be noticeable, if at all.

For that matter, there are some who listen purely to instrumental music of multiple genres, for those folks, sibilance for 99.9% of the time will not be an apparent issue.

Which is why some people still love the ZS6, even though its heavily sibilant. But on purely instrumental stuff, they generally sound wonderful.
On thing for sure: the sound of the ZS10 does not change with the source's changing output impedance (according to its impedance profile): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/

This is different with the ZS5 v.1, for example.

I found that the ZS10's bass tightened a bit with amping.

As to which is "better", T2 or ZS10, and this being subjective...it depends how "better" is defined. Both are totally different. The T2 certainly offers a more coherent sound, but some may find its neutral tuning boring.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #16,038 of 33,689
Just posted my review of the MEMT X9s. Physically it's a good IEM but sadly the sound hasn't changed much from their other models (excluding the X5).
https://primeaudio.org/memt-x9s-earphone-review/

MEMT X9s hanging with pouch.jpg

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #16,039 of 33,689
Looking for earbuds that have somewhat similar sound signature to Sennheiser MX 760. There are so many to choose from that I have no idea which would be the right choice.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #16,040 of 33,689
I wouldn't call the highs sibilent but they are definitely brighter than the ES4. I turned the treble down on my ED16 a bit and they are great.

I find ES4 to be relaxed and good for longer listening sessions. I also like the thick midrange which was one of the sore point in KZ series (I havent tried ZS6 or ZS5).

How is the bass response in ED16? And the midrange?

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #16,041 of 33,689
Its similar to your thoughts of the T2 being technically better than the ZS10. Its highly subjective.

The T2 plays very well on almost any source, sounds very good straight out of any typical headphone jack. But it can be mildly sibilant on some tracks.

The ZS10 needs a little bit of amping to get the best out of its drivers, sibilance is almost non-existent on the same tracks. If I can pick out sibilance on it, usually I can also pick it out on my HD6xx, meaning that its the musical track that has issues.

Its NOT impressive out of most headphone jacks though.

Though sensitivity levels are supposedly similar between the T2 and ZS10.

Its also heavily dependent on the sources you're listening to. Like say if you listen to female vocals that have been heavily processed( a few tracks in the Adele 25 album for example), you're more likely to pick up the sibilance. But if you were listening to audiophile vocals that emphasise on the purity of recording, chances are the sibilance will not be noticeable, if at all.

For that matter, there are some who listen purely to instrumental music of multiple genres, for those folks, sibilance for 99.9% of the time will not be an apparent issue.

Which is why some people still love the ZS6, even though its heavily sibilant. But on purely instrumental stuff, they generally sound wonderful.

T2 indeed reminds me of HiFiMan RE lineup. It is technically better but often can be called as boring iem. I do prefer musical and fun sounding signature now.

ZS10 is definitely different in sound signature compare to Tinaudio T2. Not as nuanced as T2.

I ordered 2 more ES4 because it sounds just about all right, everything that ZSR and ES3 could have been. And it is ergonomically better than ZS10. Both ZS10 and Tinaudio T2 are not so much comfortable to wear for longer periods. It's been a good companion during long flights.

Yeah, for instrumentals like in post rock, it wont be an issue. But I listen to a variety of music on spotify depending on the time and mood of the day. ES4 is a safe bet for those. I think I will try ED16 but I am quite satisfied with ES4 at the moment.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #16,044 of 33,689
Any recommendation for bluetooth earphones suitable for running under 40usd? I had the Meizu ep51 but fit was an issue and I didn't like its sound either.
You could check out the Linner NC50 or Macaw T60.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #16,046 of 33,689
I find ES4 to be relaxed and good for longer listening sessions. I also like the thick midrange which was one of the sore point in KZ series (I havent tried ZS6 or ZS5).

How is the bass response in ED16? And the midrange?
I enjoy the bass. It's fast and deep and doesn't bleed into the mids as much as my other KZ's. The mids are nice. Nice body to the mids and good detail. Not as recessed in the mids as the ZST but not as thick as the ES4 mids. Nice balance. I like them and the ES4 a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back