Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 3, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #4,456 of 7,153
I actually have more headphones than him but I'm not sure that's a brag so much as an admission of guilt lol... and he has way more (and so do you it seems lol) in-ears and earbuds. I have a rather tiny collection -- I prefer headphones.

Same here. But just did an update to my personal details on my list. I didn't count everything in my list for what I own like wife and kids headphones. Nor did I list the broken headphones or ones I think may work but totally suck since they were free things included with something else most of the time. I did add a list of what I own and the rough prices I paid and sorted them by price without the reviews which are below that. If I really factor in everything it's pushing maybe 175 headphones when counting everything. 130-140 without the iem/buds being counted. A good portion of them are Asian branded/made phones too.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #4,457 of 7,153
Same here. But just did an update to my personal details on my list. I didn't count everything in my list for what I own like wife and kids headphones. Nor did I list the broken headphones or ones I think may work but totally suck since they were free things included with something else most of the time. I did add a list of what I own and the rough prices I paid and sorted them by price without the reviews which are below that. If I really factor in everything it's pushing maybe 175 headphones when counting everything. 130-140 without the iem/buds being counted. A good portion of them are Asian branded/made phones too.

Yeah, I have a couple that I lent out that unfortunately didn't come back so I had to take them out of my inventory, but it's a really small number overall constituting "shrinkage" lol. I also have one LZ iem that I'm just flat out missing that I'm hoping will turn up at some point.

Roughly a 1/3 of my headphones (86 total) and earphones (21 total) combined are Chinese/Asian if we count the island of Japan as "Asian", which I can't be sure does meet the definition -- it's definitely not on the continent, so I guess that's really ... Pacific Islander? :confused: I only have about 20 that are actually from Chinese companies.

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #4,458 of 7,153
Hey Charlie, long time no see. How are things in your part of Asia these days?

It's always a pleasure to look at your inventory, makes me feel normal :wink:

Very well Peter. Still here buying as usual, just not contributing to any posts as they seem like a lot of fluff. I saw your Asia post with that guy, and had to stand up for my friend.
I too am always checking your inventory. That's why I picked up the Onkyo A800. Maybe someday I will ride my bike over to you and we can raise a couple or more mugs.
Nice to hear from you!

Charlie

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #4,460 of 7,153
Very well Peter. Still here buying as usual, just not contributing to any posts as they seem like a lot of fluff. I saw your Asia post with that guy, and had to stand up for my friend.
I too am always checking your inventory. That's why I picked up the Onkyo A800. Maybe someday I will ride my bike over to you and we can raise a couple or more mugs.
Nice to hear from you!

Charlie

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, I'll have a mug with you any time my friend.

Those A800 are really something, I totally dig them and they're even borderline Asian :wink:

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #4,461 of 7,153
I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, I'll have a mug with you any time my friend.

Those A800 are really something, I totally dig them and they're even borderline Asian :wink:

Yes they are quite amazing indeed! It will be tough to to find anything better for the price especially. ♫ ♪ ♫

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #4,462 of 7,153
What do you think of removing damper on superlux hd668b to make them fully open? Is it worth it? And can i simple remove 2 screws on the left ear and remove foam or i need to solder?
1501697963360879712.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #4,464 of 7,153
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #4,467 of 7,153
What do you think of removing damper on superlux hd668b to make them fully open? Is it worth it? And can i simple remove 2 screws on the left ear and remove foam or i need to solder?
1501697963360879712.jpg
I think you might like it as it is.
These link might help where they enjoy the phone as is or by replacing ear-pads.
It is a great phone.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/superlux-hd668b-lordy.793934/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sup...lly-that-good-or-just-a-cheap-copycat.485039/

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #4,468 of 7,153
Oct 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #4,469 of 7,153
For anyone really looking for a bang for your buck, get the Bluedio TM from Gearbest for arround 23$ right now.. The price to performance ratio is insane - They are comfortable and sound great, once you get used to the way they are tuned, which is to be very clear and slightly V-shaped in a good and fun way. You really have to just listen to them, for the price you could use them as throw-arround when no other headphone is available, but to me they are my main drivers currently. It's also just too much fun to not have any cables anywhere arround you, and I don't feel that the sound quality is really affected by Bluetooth. I've yet to receive their USB-C to 3,5mm cable so I can do some testing, but these definitely have my recommendation already (just like the Mate Tea in the background). :)

IMG_20181006_111457(1)(1).jpg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #4,470 of 7,153
Is there any news of Bluedio coming out with a LDAC enabled HP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back