Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 9, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #4,486 of 7,153
I have the M1 but these are much more comfortable with a wider soundstage (they belong to my wife so she is burning them in at the moment)

The burn-in is finished. I don't think anyone has both the M2 and the ZX1.

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #4,487 of 7,153
OKCSC M2 was got short reviwed and was compared to HD800 on Aliexpress.
Does it make sense?
Poor hd800...almost every phone has tried to kill it if it is possible...many attemps of course have failed for overthrone.
However it is always interesting for that attempt.
Ony this kind brave act/wild imagination is possible in this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #4,488 of 7,153
goliath.jpg

Chinese David against western Goliath...
Most interesting battle on this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #4,489 of 7,153
Does it make sense?
Poor hd800...almost every phone has tried to kill it if it is possible...many attemps of course have failed for overthrone.
I went to college in the Pacific Northwest....in the 90s they had a thing called "BC Bud" that the college students smoked so they could tolerate Alice In Chains....you sound like a guy named Sean that used to sleep on my couch.

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #4,490 of 7,153
Asked the seller for the differences between the M2 and ZX1 in sound. They're keeping it short: 'The ZX1 is the newest, more comfortable'.

So insightful :p

Does anyone know if the design of the ZX1 resembles another headphone, in the way that the M2 looks very much like the Grado lineup?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #4,492 of 7,153
Well I just listened to these and my first thought was that it sounded like a Grado with more bass and soundstage. Bass is really good, goes deep and doesn't bleed, treble is bright and mids are clear. I would say they are L shaped. Pads are removeable

You had me at soundstage. Bought them. :D

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #4,493 of 7,153
Asked the seller for the differences between the M2 and ZX1 in sound. They're keeping it short: 'The ZX1 is the newest, more comfortable'.

So insightful :p

Does anyone know if the design of the ZX1 resembles another headphone, in the way that the M2 looks very much like the Grado lineup?

I think they meant that the ZX1 is more comfortable but they sound the same or similar? They do appear to be using the same 57mm drivers. Surely they have not sourced two different 57mm drivers.

As for resembling another headphone.... I chose the ZX1 because of its unique look.

BTW, the cable is not detachable if that is important to you. Also they like some power. I have only used them at my desk so far with my desktop setup....Fubar HD dac/amp. @HungryPanda used his Fostex dac/amp when he tried them.

Does it make sense?

I have never heard the HD800 but if the ZX1 is the same or similar in sound to the M2 then that ailexpress reviewer would have to say the same about it. Funny thing is, when I first listened to my ZX1, I was so impressed with the detail, imaging and soundstage I was hearing that I had a weird thought... wondering if this is what an HD 800 might sound like. I had not yet read those comments. Haha... that would be awesome if people are paying hundreds for for a comparible sound :):):) ChiFi for the win!

Oct 10, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #4,495 of 7,153
I went to college in the Pacific Northwest....in the 90s they had a thing called "BC Bud" that the college students smoked so they could tolerate Alice In Chains....you sound like a guy named Sean that used to sleep on my couch.
What kind of person is Sean?
Sorry, I am not from western culture so that I don't know the context of your post.
is he drummer of a reputable band, Alice In Chains?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #4,496 of 7,153
What kind of person is Sean?
Sorry, I am not from western culture so that I don't know the context of your post.
is he drummer of a reputable band, Alice In Chains?
Sean and Mary Jane were best friends! @Cruelhand Luke

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #4,500 of 7,153
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back