Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #122 of 7,153

Pro 80s and 880s getting close in $$$

Seems that way. Atleast on  aliexpress. Even though pro80's are a very good headphones I would not pay 120$. Good thing there are all the clones available.
  Theres always the hd330 to test out.

Some people really like those. I'm not one of them. Those clamp too hard, pads need to be changed and for open headphones those sound really congested. I like hd681 better, even with the ear piercing highs.

Its funny you see all these copies of certain models

but no r10, hd800, audeze etc

wonder why

Would be fun for us modders but  those headphones have complex designs so it is unlikely to happen.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 7,153
The problem with the 681 is the lack of bass, sure it is accurate for gaming, but not fun for those who enjoy more tham fps

HD-681 lacks bass? Seriously? You must be serious basshead then. HD-681 stock bass is boosted and overall signature V-shaped.
HD-681 need Frans filter mod (amplitude corrector) and velour pads to sound great and well balanced.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #125 of 7,153
HD-681 lacks bass? Seriously? You must be serious basshead then. HD-681 stock bass is boosted and overall signature V-shaped.
HD-681 need Frans filter mod (amplitude corrector) and velour pads to sound great and well balanced.

After reading your comment i had to lookup if we were talking about the same headphone and we werent. I was talking about a somic model that i had a couple years ago.

Talking about somic, i really liked their mh463 although it had no soundstage,but now that status audio is rebranding the second version of this hp it seems that has been solved. Along with confort. Anyone know a good pair of somics and why the **** I cant find v1s anymore?

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #126 of 7,153
The Pro80's are easy enough to drive that they get enough volume from my LG G3 and G5 (stock headphone output).

Tbh I only use the Pro80 among the three because I find it to be the best ones among them and I've got too much other stuff competing about listening time.

Same goes for amplifiers, I typically uses whatever I'm reviewing at the moment or the Burson Conductor V2+ (overkill of course but that's what I've got permanently in my main system).

The TS662 I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I find them to sound hollow, closed in and overall unnatural.

The HI2050 is very similar to the Pro80 but with sharper treble, looser bass and maybe an ever so slightly larger soundstage.

The Pro80 on the other hand I totally love. I'm on my second pair now, the first ones literally failed a part after years of heavy usage (I've got four kids still living at home) and I just couldn't live without them so I got another pair despite having over a hundred headphones and IEM's at that time, nuff said
wink.gif

Ok, those cellphones are less than 2V output so that's pretty much every source out there. That means an order of magnitude less power than 250mW at least.

That Burson is brutal, checked the specs and now I'm scared. I wouldn't even dare plugging a 24 ohm delicate IEM to that behemoth.

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #127 of 7,153
Just got my Yenona's. Well controlled bass, ever so slightly recessed mids while retaining details, crisp highs. Soundstage has good width and depth.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #128 of 7,153
In looking for headphones that are very detailed, have a mostly neutral signature (a little extra bass should be fine), don't clamp too much, and sound kind of open without leading sound to the outside.

I really don't want to spend more than $70.

Thus far, I'm looking at
Koss Pro4S
Koss DJ200
Archer AH07
The Yenonas discussed prior
LyXPro HAS-30 (which has less garish logos than the equivalent Marantz)
Meizu HD50
Beevo HM810

What do you all recommend and why? Is there something I'm missing?

I'm driving whatever I get with a ZTE AXON 7 which has an AKG DAC+AMP

I currently use my Xiaomi Piston 3s with this. It sounds very clean but is missing the sub-bass character so the sound feels like something is lacking.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #129 of 7,153
In looking for headphones that are very detailed, have a mostly neutral signature (a little extra bass should be fine), don't clamp too much, and sound kind of open without leading sound to the outside.

Thus far, I'm looking at
Koss Pro4S
Koss DJ200
Archer AH07
Meizu HD50
Beevo HM810

I currently use my Xiaomi Piston 3s with this. It sounds very clean but is missing the sub-bass character so the sound feels like something is lacking.

Quite difficult to get balanced headphones from china. Look out for status audio ob-1 and cb-1 and if you like them you can search ali for somic v1 and v2, but they clamp. Specially the open ones.

I am getting an isk hd9999, but as I live in brazil and customs here are pure trash those will take forever to reach my place, but they are designed for monitoring and said to be confortable, they are closed though.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #131 of 7,153
Where is the best place to buy the Status Audio CB-1s? They're sold out on Amazon. Look nice

If you are able to find a pair of Superlux HD662f they're crisp, clear and fairly well balanced. Might be a good option....

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #132 of 7,153
^Not a fan of the superlux 66f2 headband design.

Also it seems like the Status Audio CB-1 is a the same as SOMic MM163 except without all of the ugly text and badge on the SOMic. So they want me to pay $30 more for less :)

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #134 of 7,153

Thus far, I'm looking at
Koss Pro4S
Koss DJ200
Archer AH07
Meizu HD50
Beevo HM810

Yenona, the bass is not overdone at all, the mids I feel may be just a hair recessed compared to the highs but it's pretty close IMO. They do have a nice open sound, not as much as my AKG 7xx but more than the M50 by a good margin, once on your ears they seal well and won't leak much if at all. Super light and comfy. I got them for a little above the 11/11 price and would easily pay more than their suggested price of $60. The build seems durable but they focused more on a good sound for the price rather than inflating costs for expensive materials to build them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back