Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #4,696 of 7,153
I think I remember @Humblepie giving the M2 a great review when he compared it to the M1 and a Grado.

Not at my PC or I would look for the post.
I remember reading it as a bit more nuanced than that: positive with asterisks, or within some price range or expectation, maybe. But could be my memory. :)

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,697 of 7,153
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #4,698 of 7,153
Cool! If possible take pictures from the inside of the cups because that untreated surface is which is most revealing.

About wood cups... I bought two small bamboo cups from Ikea. 5.90€ piece. Those are pretty big for headphone cups but I think it is doable. Compared to huge dx1000 they're not completely absurd. IMG_20181020_214739.jpg IMG_20181020_214751.jpg

Maybe I'll just slap on some bio-cellulose drivers and charge $1500 like denon does. 02-Denon-AH-D9200.jpg

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #4,699 of 7,153
i ended up ordering the Thinksound ON2, i know that they dont need any amping (im using the LG V30, so wired connection is already very good) but im searching for a bluetooth amplifier/receiver/dac that supports aptX, though i dont want to spend as much as i spent for the headphones. The Earstudio ES100 is almost perfect, but cost as much as the headphones where i live, any chi-fi alternative?

Here's one that supports AptX for $25.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Receiver-Hands-Free-Wireless/dp/B07BLQ47MY/

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #4,702 of 7,153
When you're in too deep a lot of stuff is a potential headphone cup. I think those are just small service bowls for nuts, candy etc.

If those had screw holes for denon/fostex baffle price would go up 50x :D

I need a 3D printed bad! I would be turning everything like this into a headphone lol

I go to thrift stores all the time, looking out for nice wooden stuff to turn into various projects.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #4,704 of 7,153
I go to thrift stores all the time, looking out for nice wooden stuff to turn into various projects.
Haha! Same here! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :D

A question: is this a wooden coaster with a butterfly picture or a open back headphone housing fully vented on the sides?
IMG_20181020_222245.jpg
All I know is that I bought six and I never use coasters.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #4,705 of 7,153
Haha! Same here! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :D

A question: is this a wooden coaster with a butterfly picture or a open back headphone housing fully vented on the sides?

All I know is that I bought six and I never use coasters.

Wow, we had those EXACT coasters growing up! I haven't seen my parents use them in at least 30 years. I'll have to ask them if they have them packaged away somewhere :wink:

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #4,706 of 7,153
You mean fake Fidelios?

Different product but why would I trust them now? Especially when you get no resolution help.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #4,707 of 7,153
I think I remember @Humblepie giving the M2 a great review when he compared it to the M1 and a Grado.

Not at my PC or I would look for the post.

I rated them higher than the M1 and SR80 I have, but none of the 3 are really my cup of tea overall. Not a major fan of on-ears for the most part, and out of the on-ears I own, the Philips A1/Pro still sound the best to me. Unless we are talking about "semi" on ears then I like my 1more H707 and the VModa's I own instead. Although they aren't neutral at all, I like the way they sound for the type of music I am going to listen to with an ultra portable. Which is heavy rock, hip-hop, and energy style music to make me bob my head. That's what you get a lightweight ultra portable on-ear for in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

That being said, I don't dislike any of those headphones at all for what they are either. None of them sound particularly bad at least. I have some bad sounding headphones I keep around for comparison sake. Especially when I get people asking me, "Is there really THAT much difference in sound? Don't all headphones sound the same? No company is going to make a bad sounding headphone because it wouldn't sell right?"

I get those comments from time to time from the uninitiated :)

Also, the other poster of the M2 found they had more bass than the SR80, which is what I found as well. That being said, him calling the SR80 dark and not sparkly on treble I can only wonder at that comment. It has been noted, recorded, and very clearly listed almost at every major review site that the vast majority of Grado headphones are treble cannons overall. There are exceptions, but the house sound for grado is very emphasized treble. Which is why they are so polarizing. There are more than a few dozen independently created and verified frequency response charts and they basically show that grado's are all treble and no bass basically. Tyll from Innerfidelity basically hated the vast majority of them.

that being said, I do think they have a tad too much treble energy for my personal enjoyment to use daily. I found the M2 a lot more laid back with a bit more bass. That was why I liked them better stock than my SR80 headphones. I just prefer that sound by comparison.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #4,708 of 7,153
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,710 of 7,153
I rated them higher than the M1 and SR80 I have, but none of the 3 are really my cup of tea overall. Not a major fan of on-ears for the most part, and out of the on-ears I own, the Philips A1/Pro still sound the best to me. Unless we are talking about "semi" on ears then I like my 1more H707 and the VModa's I own instead. Although they aren't neutral at all, I like the way they sound for the type of music I am going to listen to with an ultra portable. Which is heavy rock, hip-hop, and energy style music to make me bob my head. That's what you get a lightweight ultra portable on-ear for in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

That being said, I don't dislike any of those headphones at all for what they are either. None of them sound particularly bad at least. I have some bad sounding headphones I keep around for comparison sake. Especially when I get people asking me, "Is there really THAT much difference in sound? Don't all headphones sound the same? No company is going to make a bad sounding headphone because it wouldn't sell right?"

I get those comments from time to time from the uninitiated :)

Also, the other poster of the M2 found they had more bass than the SR80, which is what I found as well. That being said, him calling the SR80 dark and not sparkly on treble I can only wonder at that comment. It has been noted, recorded, and very clearly listed almost at every major review site that the vast majority of Grado headphones are treble cannons overall. There are exceptions, but the house sound for grado is very emphasized treble. Which is why they are so polarizing. There are more than a few dozen independently created and verified frequency response charts and they basically show that grado's are all treble and no bass basically. Tyll from Innerfidelity basically hated the vast majority of them.

that being said, I do think they have a tad too much treble energy for my personal enjoyment to use daily. I found the M2 a lot more laid back with a bit more bass. That was why I liked them better stock than my SR80 headphones. I just prefer that sound by comparison.

Wow, I hated my A1 Pro. They had good build quality (tough nylon plastic), but sounded veiled, dark, and distant (like I was in the nosebleed section at a concert). Maybe my hopes for them were way too high, as I have 2 sets of A5 Pro so I was kinda expecting a similar sound.

The KEF M500 are my favorite (true) on-ears by far. They sound amazing, and are very comfortable to boot!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back