Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #4,666 of 7,153
Has anyone contacted OKCSC (are they a real company, or is that a brand?) to see about replacement pads for these?

I nominate you!

Oct 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #4,669 of 7,153
I nominate you!

@mbwilson111 and @activatorfly ... your wish is my command, done! :)

Screenshot 2018-10-20 08.11.00.png

Oct 20, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #4,671 of 7,153
1. I removed left ear pad and it does have those two small holes in the white tuning paper:

2. Yeah, I have the same box setup as yours, it's that weird half box with a black half-sleeve that slides over it and I have the exact accessories that you showed come with that setup, as opposed to the nicer (in my view) setup that has a case. I wouldn't mind that case. :) Instead I have no case, and the exact two cables and airplane adapter that come with the white box. I will say that if the version we have is a counterfeit, it's at least (to my ears) a good-sounding counterfeit. :)

Decided to take a look at my SV007 and Bosshifi B7/SV005 after reading this and noticed they're different. I thought they had the same drivers this entire time because of how similar they sounded.
SEgFoBB.jpg

Attachments

• 20181020_090902.jpg
    20181020_090902.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #4,672 of 7,153
I don't know the cost of the Sivga in the EU, but JoyBuy has the Fildelio X2HR for $159. So if the Sivga is anywhere near that, I would get the Fildelio X2HR any day of the week. It's not that the Sivga is that bad, but rather that the Fidelio is that good!

For reference, I paid $70 for the Sivga, which I think is a fair price. It seems to hover around $70-$90.

Finally, be aware that there's multiple Sivgas - SV004, SV005, SV007, etc. They use different wood cups, but I do not know if they have the same drivers, the same sound tuning, etc. My understanding is the SV007 is the 'best' out of the various Sivgas, and it will come with walnut cups. If you find it with other cups, such as rosewood, ebony, etc, it is a different model designation (ie SV004) even if the item description lists it as SV007.

It is quite confusing, so just remember the SV007 is the open backed walnut wood one.

I am not a fan of NoJoyBuy

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #4,673 of 7,153
I am not a fan of NoJoyBuy

I’ve never had any dealings with them. Are they shady?

I guess even if I didn’t like them, if I was in the market for a Fidelio, I could make an exception because that’s an epic price :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #4,674 of 7,153
I’ve never had any dealings with them. Are they shady?

I guess even if I didn’t like them, if I was in the market for a Fidelity, I could make an exception because that’s an epic price :)
On the contrary....I placed an order recently during a flash sale deal - had no delivery problems...& any issues can be resolved easily via live chat.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #4,675 of 7,153
Oct 20, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #4,676 of 7,153
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #4,677 of 7,153
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #4,678 of 7,153
So I got my pair OKCSC M2s and they sure do look nice! Some of my brief impressions are as follows...

zgyxyV7.jpg

There was no branded box, just headphone carry case and a cable for those curious. The wood on mine seems to be kinda tiger stripey which is neat, not sure if others are like that too. Fit seems fine for me, not much or too little clamping pressure. Adjustment is good, I like being able to see the exact notches I need to match the other side. The metal is a bit thin though so time will tell how easy they are to snap, best treat these with care I reckon.

As for the sound, I'll try to compare it with my SR80s. To my ears I've always thought SR80s are a sort of balanced dark sound. No sparkle up top, no sibilance. Vocals fairly in your face but not clear as I'd like (perhaps bordeline hollow, but I don't mind it) with an OK amount of bass to me. I actually much prefer over ears to on ears, but still ran my SR80s as my daily drivers at home for a while before trying other stuff so I do have a bit of a soft spot for them :)

The M2s have no sparkle up top either, however have much more bass, distant vocals and can be quite sibilant. I'm guessing they were going for a mass market v-shape? I don't know I could be wrong, but when listening to "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk all I hear is the bass guitar overwhelming everything, and the rest of the track just takes a back seat. One of my usual sibilant test tracks is some good 'ol Kpop, "Heart Attack" by AOA. If I can make it past the first chorus and verse then we're usually good, but the M2s were shredding my ears within seconds lol. But perhaps I'm being to harsh, so I put on some tracks with little to no vocals. Listening to "Kerala" by Bonobo and "Baralku" by Emancipator the extra bass and overall warmth were welcome, even if the little effects in the track sounded a bit tinny. Something like "Everything At Your Feet" by Odesza sound fun also and squeezes by OK because the vocals are so intentionally filtered anyway.

Would I use them as daily drivers? Probably not. Would I grab them if I wanted a v-shape sound? Again probably not, I have the Fidelio X2s for that. However I think I'll hang on to these anyway, partly because it'll probably be more hassle sending them back and partly because I've never had a wooden headphone before and they do look neat :p

Hope this helps, happy listening and as with all things you read here YMMV :L3000:

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #4,679 of 7,153
So I put the stock pads back on, and I’ve had more head time with the Sivga SV007 now (with a variety of music). I’ve also tried them with other sources.

My initial OOTB impressions were that they were more mid-centric, the reality is they are are v shaped (especially with pleather pads). It’s not a very deep v though, which is nice. It has a slight mid bass hump. The treble range is elevated over the bass region. Good clarity, good detail.

Pad rolling can be used to tweak the sound quite a bit. With the stock fenestrated pads, or pads with velour, bass is lowered where the treble is elevated more prominently. With pleather pads, treble is lowered and the bass range becomes more prominent. With pleather pads, bass can get muddy on some tracks. Pad depth makes a difference too - a deeper pad darkens the sound some, but deepens the soundstage even more. Shallow pads have the opposite effect.

I have not found the ideal pad yet. And I won’t be doing any modding to them for a while due to lack of time.

The source does make a difference. On my iPod Classic, theybsound a little thin and harsh. They sound better on the iPhone SE. Once an amp is added, they come alive, providing more extension on both ends.

I like them a lot, and this is my preferred sound signature. They are similar to the SHP9500 IMO, but they have a deeper extending sub bass. If you have the 9500, these would be a side grade (unless you want the deeper sub bass the 9500 is missing)

There are better phones out there for sure though - Fidelio X2, the modded 50X I made @Pharmaboy, etc. But for their price, missing potential, and the beautiful wooden cups, they are a solid buy.

I highly doubt they use different woods in the first place. Unless there is a discernible difference in the wood grain of the so called ' different' types used, in my opinion, its just a different wood dye used. I have dyed my old furniture before when I had to replace the old worn out varnish, and they have a wide range of wood dyes from almost clear to deep red and if you fancy, even deep blue.

Good point. It would be easy to tell by unscrewing the driver face plate and looking at the inside of the cup. The inside of the cup isn't stained, so it would be the wood's 100% natural color.
So I got my pair OKCSC M2s and they sure do look nice! Some of my brief impressions are as follows...

zgyxyV7.jpg

There was no branded box, just headphone carry case and a cable for those curious. The wood on mine seems to be kinda tiger stripey which is neat, not sure if others are like that too. Fit seems fine for me, not much or too little clamping pressure. Adjustment is good, I like being able to see the exact notches I need to match the other side. The metal is a bit thin though so time will tell how easy they are to snap, best treat these with care I reckon.

As for the sound, I'll try to compare it with my SR80s. To my ears I've always thought SR80s are a sort of balanced dark sound. No sparkle up top, no sibilance. Vocals fairly in your face but not clear as I'd like (perhaps bordeline hollow, but I don't mind it) with an OK amount of bass to me. I actually much prefer over ears to on ears, but still ran my SR80s as my daily drivers at home for a while before trying other stuff so I do have a bit of a soft spot for them :)

The M2s have no sparkle up top either, however have much more bass, distant vocals and can be quite sibilant. I'm guessing they were going for a mass market v-shape? I don't know I could be wrong, but when listening to "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk all I hear is the bass guitar overwhelming everything, and the rest of the track just takes a back seat. One of my usual sibilant test tracks is some good 'ol Kpop, "Heart Attack" by AOA. If I can make it past the first chorus and verse then we're usually good, but the M2s were shredding my ears within seconds lol. But perhaps I'm being to harsh, so I put on some tracks with little to no vocals. Listening to "Kerala" by Bonobo and "Baralku" by Emancipator the extra bass and overall warmth were welcome, even if the little effects in the track sounded a bit tinny. Something like "Everything At Your Feet" by Odesza sound fun also and squeezes by OK because the vocals are so intentionally filtered anyway.

Would I use them as daily drivers? Probably not. Would I grab them if I wanted a v-shape sound? Again probably not, I have the Fidelio X2s for that. However I think I'll hang on to these anyway, partly because it'll probably be more hassle sending them back and partly because I've never had a wooden headphone before and they do look neat :p

Hope this helps, happy listening and as with all things you read here YMMV :L3000:

Good to know, thanks for the impressions.

So it sounds like they would be OK to use as donor shells for a driver swap, but other than that not that great?

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4,680 of 7,153
So it sounds like they would be OK to use as donor shells for a driver swap, but other than that not that great?

I think I remember @Humblepie giving the M2 a great review when he compared it to the M1 and a Grado.

Not at my PC or I would look for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back