Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 20, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,681 of 7,153
I think I remember @Humblepie giving the M2 a great review when he compared it to the M1 and a Grado.

Not at my PC or I would look for the post.

Ah OK, I remember that now. Thanks for reminding me.

I think he even compared it to 2 Grados - the 60 and 80.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #4,682 of 7,153
I’ve never had any dealings with them. Are they shady?

I guess even if I didn’t like them, if I was in the market for a Fidelio, I could make an exception because that’s an epic price :)

Sold me obvious fake product and would not stand behind guarantee.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #4,683 of 7,153
On the contrary....I placed an order recently during a flash sale deal - had no delivery problems...& any issues can be resolved easily via live chat.

Lucky you. Me? Never again.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,684 of 7,153
BTW, do you have a link to that french review?
https://on-mag.fr/index.php/topaudi...ociation-improbable-entre-qualite-et-low-cost

Also, a side note - I like the driver wiring used on your msurs - that wire gauge is BEEFY! The Sivgas use very small gauge wire in comparison
I noticed the same thing. Not sure how much it matters but that sort of thickness you mostly get only with expensive headphones.

Strangely my n550 had it way worse. Wires were thinner and made of steel like metal. I replaced those. Not sure if it made any difference Because it is only 3cm piece. But it is certain that "steel" cables sound worse than copper. I've experemented with some vintage headphones. Normally I'm not a cable believer.

Also it turns out I was talking BS when I said one could tell something about the magnet hole cover paper being on the outside or the inside of The magnet cover. N550 had it on the outside but it was inside on n350. So I guess it comes down to impedance and other specs to guess which of the be drivers are good.

Beside impedance and sensitivity there might be other differences one can't see. I don't think a small difference on Voice coil windings should matter that much. Take beyerdynamic dt series for example. Apparently differences between 32,80,250 and 600 ohms are barely audible.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #4,686 of 7,153

Great, thanks!

Also, I have been listening to the SV007 today, with stock pads and a lot more genres.

I was too hasty in my original OOTB assessment. It has a mild v-shape sound tuning, not mid centric. It reminds me of the SHP9500, except with deeper sub bass.

It is a solid option for the asking price, especially considering the wood cups. But for an open backed option, the Fidelio X2 are superior (as are the modded Project 50X I made @Pharmaboy).

I do like the SV007 for their tuning potential though, although I will not be doing anything with them for a while due to lack of free time.

They like power, so I would recommend them for amped use. They did not sound near as good directly from my phone. Unfortunately my xduoo X3 is dead at the moment, so I can't test them with a proper DAP (other than iPods and Sansa Clip+).

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #4,688 of 7,153
As for the sound, I'll try to compare it with my SR80s. To my ears I've always thought SR80s are a sort of balanced dark sound. No sparkle up top, no sibilance. Vocals fairly in your face but not clear as I'd like (perhaps bordeline hollow, but I don't mind it) with an OK amount of bass to me. I actually much prefer over ears to on ears, but still ran my SR80s as my daily drivers at home for a while before trying other stuff so I do have a bit of a soft spot for them :)

The M2s have no sparkle up top either, however have much more bass, distant vocals and can be quite sibilant. I'm guessing they were going for a mass market v-shape? I don't know I could be wrong, but when listening to "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk all I hear is the bass guitar overwhelming everything, and the rest of the track just takes a back seat. One of my usual sibilant test tracks is some good 'ol Kpop, "Heart Attack" by AOA. If I can make it past the first chorus and verse then we're usually good, but the M2s were shredding my ears within seconds lol. But perhaps I'm being to harsh, so I put on some tracks with little to no vocals. Listening to "Kerala" by Bonobo and "Baralku" by Emancipator the extra bass and overall warmth were welcome, even if the little effects in the track sounded a bit tinny. Something like "Everything At Your Feet" by Odesza sound fun also and squeezes by OK because the vocals are so intentionally filtered anyway.

It's been a while since I've listened to the Grado SR80, but it has a bass hump at 100Hz with a significant sub-bass rolloff. It also has a 4.5k resonance/peak. You can see some of that here:

http://en.goldenears.net/3817

I'm still evaluating my OKCSC M2 headphones, but they're doing fairly well against some much better headphones I have. I've done a few sweep tests from this site:

https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_index.php

Low end comes on at 20Hz and stays pretty flat actually, which is quite an accomplishment. I hear mids as a bit recessed, and there are at least 3 treble peaks, and they're not at the same points as the Grado SR80, so I think those headphones will sound quite different back to back. As far as sibilance, they're a bit sibilant... some of those treble peaks will mean you might have to back off on the volume on certain songs, like Einstürzende Neubauten's "Die Interimsliebenden" from Tabula Rasa after the 5:50 mark when they start pounding metal on metal, or after 2:35 on Zubulon. Clark's "Silvered Iris" is intense. But I've certainly heard plenty of headphones that cope with Amon Tobin's "Four Ton Mantis" from Supermodified worse than the M2s do.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #4,689 of 7,153
Can i ask about chi-fi headphone amps on this thread? :)

I don't think anyone would complain. If you get some ideas here you could probably read more about a specific model if there is a related thread for it.

Is it to stack with a phone for a certain headphone?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #4,690 of 7,153
About the wood used. I think it is all wallnut with different treatments. And all boils down to a company called winintone. I've been into chi-fi headphones for a while so lets to back in time... To a year 2013.

In 2013 I bought these. Screenshot_20181020-210445.jpg
They were called something like steel&metal headphones. I of course bought those because back then there were no other cheap wooden headphones. None. Cheapest was propably audio technica on ears for $300.

So... Those headphones were winintone. IMG_20181020_210259.jpg
Take a look at the cable holes with msur's. IMG_20181020_205513.jpgdon't mind the black plastic. It is just a mod to make the housing bigger.

Hinge system.IMG_20181020_205448.jpgVent holes. On winintone I've made those bigger but you get the idea.IMG_20181020_205539.jpg
Wood used. Here is bosshifi b7IMG_20181020_205620.jpg IMG_20181020_205617.jpgmsur n5509124737.jpg
Sivga sv007gal_SIVGA_SV007_028.JPG and finally winintone. Sorry about the mess. But you can still see the woodgrain. It is the same.IMG_20181020_205607.jpg

So...what to make of it? I think winintone is the oem of oem's so to speak. Msur, bosshifi, sivga, blon, bearbizz. It is all winintone. BUT only for the cups and headbands. Every brand sources their own drivers and just uses winintone cups and hinges.

If a cheap wood headphone is not by winintone it is propably by esmooth. Think symphonized, Fischer audio and early times meze etc..

Some esmooth
ES-880EB.jpg
sluchadla-3.jpg 61Ijz3ldQCL._SX425_.jpg

Hope this was helpfull :)

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #4,691 of 7,153
About the wood used. I think it is all wallnut with different treatments

My Rosewood Sivga has a completely different grain than my Walnut BossHifi B8. Not just the color...but of course you are right that sometimes a name is referring to the color of stain used rather than the type of wood itself.

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #4,692 of 7,153
I don't think anyone would complain. If you get some ideas here you could probably read more about a specific model if there is a related thread for it.

Is it to stack with a phone for a certain headphone?
i ended up ordering the Thinksound ON2, i know that they dont need any amping (im using the LG V30, so wired connection is already very good) but im searching for a bluetooth amplifier/receiver/dac that supports aptX, though i dont want to spend as much as i spent for the headphones. The Earstudio ES100 is almost perfect, but cost as much as the headphones where i live, any chi-fi alternative?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #4,694 of 7,153
i ended up ordering the Thinksound ON2, i know that they dont need any amping (im using the LG V30, so wired connection is already very good) but im searching for a bluetooth amplifier/receiver/dac that supports aptX, though i dont want to spend as much as i spent for the headphones. The Earstudio ES100 is almost perfect, but cost as much as the headphones where i live, any chi-fi alternative?

You will love the ON2.

As I am not interested in bluetooth and never will be, I have no idea about that other than I have heard people rave about the ES100.

If you do end up needing a small portable amp to stack with your phone for the Thinksound, you probably already know about good ones from Fiio, Topping etc...

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #4,695 of 7,153
If that is the case it is very cool! :) However in my case rosewood b7=walnut n550=n350=winintone steel metal headphones.

I will try to get some photos tomorrow when there is some light coming in the windows. Flash just does not do it for this purpose in my experience. I have a couple of other things I want to photograph anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back