Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 21, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #4,726 of 7,153
wow you mean I might actually like Beats 2.0?

I went the opposite direction as I could not find a way to enjoy the M1, it was scratchy sounding, maybe it was distortion, piercing treble, just plain unpleasant. I was able to tame some of that unpleasant, harshness by rolling with some cheap on-ear pleather pads which reduced that harshness, but then it just sounded slow and muffled. Terrible drivers IMO.

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #4,727 of 7,153
I went the opposite direction as I could not find a way to enjoy the M1, it was scratchy sounding, maybe it was distortion, piercing treble, just plain unpleasant. I was able to tame some of that unpleasant, harshness by rolling with some cheap on-ear pleather pads which reduced that harshness, but then it just sounded slow and muffled. Terrible drivers IMO.

Yeah, the Beats drivers are nothing special. I’ve used a number of different Beats drivers in donor swaps, as they have a few different types.

They are average at best.

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #4,730 of 7,153
Oct 21, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #4,731 of 7,153
Oct 21, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,732 of 7,153
Got it. They can’t be using Beats then.

They could be the 57mm titanium plated Bluedio drivers. If someone removes their earpad and posts a photo of the front and/or back of the driver I would know right away.

The foam is a really soft sponge... there is no way I will be disturbing mine until the pads deteriorate and I am forced to.

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #4,733 of 7,153
Same here, sorry. All I can tell now is that I've never loved treble cannons (with a sweet textured bass on top) this much before. Even classical pieces of which I thought were quite flat in their recordings, now show a phenomenal soundstage and definition.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #4,736 of 7,153
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #4,737 of 7,153
I was just spending some time listening to my Marantz MPH-2, and remembering how nice they are. I would like a bit more treble extension and airiness, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried velour pads on these or the other ISK clones?

They're one of the few headphones I haven't changed the pads on because the stock pleather are pretty good, and unfortunately I'd have to buy some to try it. The Brainwavz round would probably work well.

Oct 22, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #4,739 of 7,153
I just got OKCSC M2
The 1st impression is negative.
I thought it was masculine, but actually turned out to be feminine, and way smaller than I perceived from their store front.
The sound is shy and thin, and it shrills.
I realized how my collections are extraordinary.

Oct 22, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #4,740 of 7,153
I just got OKCSC M2
The 1st impression is negative.
I thought it was masculine, but actually turned out to be feminine, and way smaller than I perceived from their store front.
The sound is shy and thin, and it shrills.
I realized how my collections are extraordinary.

I’m confused. Feminine vs masculine?

It’s just stainless steel and wood colored. Or did you buy one that was painted pink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back