Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,761 of 7,153
But it's a propietary cable and I've never been able to find an aftermarket version that is also shorter, wish I could.

Yes, I think you're right. But @durwood mentioned in a post above something about a VModa cable for this HP...? Guess I assumed he knew something the rest of us didn't.

Funny thing about the cable: I don't listen to the Marantz MPH-2s all that often now, ~every 3 weeks. In between listens I'll build up a head of steam about cables..."gotta try a different cable on those MPH-2s." Then I put them on, cue up some tunes, and immediately forget about cables and upgrades (they sound pretty good as is).

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #2,762 of 7,153
Yes, I think you're right. But @durwood mentioned in a post above something about a VModa cable for this HP...? Guess I assumed he knew something the rest of us didn't.

Funny thing about the cable: I don't listen to the Marantz MPH-2s all that often now, ~every 3 weeks. In between listens I'll build up a head of steam about cables..."gotta try a different cable on those MPH-2s." Then I put them on, cue up some tunes, and immediately forget about cables and upgrades (they sound pretty good as is).

Uhh, I was the one originally talking about using a vmoda cable with these :)

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #2,764 of 7,153
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,765 of 7,153
Yeah the first one. Sparked my interest so I ordered it today. I believe I'll have it tomorrow or Wednesday

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,767 of 7,153
V Moda cable showed up before leaving for work. Does indeed work perfectly. Now if only the ModMic was a shorter cable lol

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #2,769 of 7,153
Can someone with the vmoda cable and a pair of calipers handy measure the diameter of the cable end sheath? The vmoda cable is a little longer than I would like, so if we knew how big it was perhaps we would be able to find other cables that fit. The vmoda cable looked slimmer than most standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm, but I had seen others that look even slimmer and maybe it doesn't have to be crazy thin. Just would like some alternative options, a nice balance between thin but durable and length is what I would be after.

EDIT: Or I guess someone could measure the diameter of the stock cable using the keyway diameter.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2,770 of 7,153
So the V-Moda cable definitely works with one of the ISK MDH9000 clones? This is news, indeed.

@Humblepie and @Lurk650, do you hear any difference w/the V-Moda cable vs stock?
I only had time to quickly plug it in and plug into my Galaxy S8 to test to see it works properly. I mainly use it for gaming with my XBOX One so I may not get to that til this weekend (only time I have to play) but maybe ill give them a good with my 300R tonight after work.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #2,772 of 7,153
I just noticed that SIVGA now has two closed-back models I haven't seen before, the SV002 and SV003:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077793ZYV/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JMFK7B/

These really look good! (and) I don't need any more headphones! (but that doesn't stop me from jonesing over new ones like this)

I was really interested in the SV007 (open-back rosewood earcups) until a Head-Fi pal got them and really didn't like them. Then again, I read comments from some on this thread about the SV007 and it's clear that not everyone has the same reaction to them.

(they all look great to me)

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #2,773 of 7,153
Dec 6, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #2,774 of 7,153
Very interesting. Nice option for someone wanting closed. Meanwhile I am happy with my Sivga SV007.

I recently bought my last headphone. I have more now than I can possibly give enough head time to. I blame you all.

there is more than enough blame to go around...........not that I'm implicating anyone......

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #2,775 of 7,153
Well.....this wasn't the B8 I order....
PC060571.JPG
And if a berylium driver is hide in this....it sure don't sound detailed at all...Very V shape and not worth 65$ in term of sound value IMO Anyway, its not what I ordered....they look nice and all, but earpad are strange for my ears and do not help soundstage i'm sure (small hole). Bass is way to basshead too, mids aren't natural or musical. Hope to have some money back....so it will pay a part of the TAKSTAR PRO82 I order instead.

WAY prefer the ISK HF2010 over these, like, no competition here.

Lets beleive in burn in and see if something will change. Very disapointed about this non-ordered headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back