Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,777 of 7,153
Well.....this wasn't the B8 I order....

And if a berylium driver is hide in this....it sure don't sound detailed at all...Very V shape and not worth 65$ in term of sound value IMO Anyway, its not what I ordered....they look nice and all, but earpad are strange for my ears and do not help soundstage i'm sure (small hole). Bass is way to basshead too, mids aren't natural or musical. Hope to have some money back....so it will pay a part of the TAKSTAR PRO82 I order instead.

WAY prefer the ISK HF2010 over these, like, no competition here.

Lets beleive in burn in and see if something will change. Very disapointed about this non-ordered headphones!

Those are B7 and Burn on won't save those. Pretty bad as stock. I like them alot with hm5 hybrid pads and foam removed inside the cups. Even then it is still a bassy headphone.
These are indeed B7, and they are not anywhere as good as B8.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,779 of 7,153
These are indeed B7, and they are not anywhere as good as B8.
Don't tell me that......this is why I ordered the B8, I never want the B7.....is there mods to make them sound better, the sound feel congested, I feelthe pads do not help...not lot of space for the sound to expend in these.
I'm mada about this, will try returning them....but it really isnt fun. If I finish to got them for 25$ its okay Iguess but because of this I will never try the B8.
Will try instead the Takstaer PRO82....don't know because of who:wink:

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,780 of 7,153
That is the B7 and not the B8. It is more bassy than the B8. The earpads are also not nearly as nice either in comparison to the B8. I paid $45 ish for the B7 I purchase and I think they are certainly worth that with a pad swap.
Yeah...bass is kind of crappy tough, no way it will deal with sub and mid bass if two there complexe bassy music....will try different mod cause construction is quite nice, I see the driver is place in a angle too, wich the pads do not feel adequate for this driver design, strange idea.

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,781 of 7,153
Dec 7, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #2,782 of 7,153
Don't tell me that......this is why I ordered the B8, I never want the B7.....is there mods to make them sound better, the sound feel congested, I feelthe pads do not help...not lot of space for the sound to expend in these.
I'm mada about this, will try returning them....but it really isnt fun. If I finish to got them for 25$ its okay Iguess but because of this I will never try the B8.
Not worth modding them, the initial sound isn't good enough - don't expect miracles.
Try contacting the store before opening a dispute, some stores agree to pay return shipping if they made a mistake.
Don't give up on B8 because of this, they are great!
Will try instead the Takstaer PRO82....don't know because of who:wink:
It's a mystery, that's what it is.

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,783 of 7,153
Dec 7, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #2,786 of 7,153
Not worth modding them, the initial sound isn't good enough - don't expect miracles.
Try contacting the store before opening a dispute, some stores agree to pay return shipping if they made a mistake.
Don't give up on B8 because of this, they are great!

It's a mystery, that's what it is.

Yeah, mysterious voice in my head....came from looking too much at heafi I guess:wink:

About the B7, they are not...monstruous, like Edifier entry level headphones or Takstar HD2000, wich is just good totake dust or being a toy for dogs....and now that I know i'm stock with them for good (finally cost me 25$) I will say YES, they MUST be mod, cause firstly, the ear pad are an aberation, like if 2 different designer think about this headphone and did not get along, and keep their way....the drivers are placed in front in an angle ''thinked'' to give a front immersive soundpresentation, but, ear pad are so thick no place for the sound to expend and a very strange amplification of clumsy bass occur cause of this too. SO I makea test and use superlux earpad without a filter on it, and sound became very bright and vocal are way more fowards, treble is very peaky and agressive now but we have more details and less bass (wich is a plus) and must of all: soundstage expension and instruments separation are way better. Changing pads....I see another QC issue....one driver was placed in the wrong way! I unscrew it and put it back in place....it was easy but I feel the screw are quite loose wich isnt a good sign, I can confirm its real wood (some comments question this in Aliexpress) and this is where real mods begin, don't know if I will play alot there, i'm happy that both drivers are placed the right way now. Need earpads replacement now. But, I think i'm finish with Bossfi, its more a looker than a proper impressive headphone....and I don't see why they would use a different driver in the B8.
Can you share a pic of the driver?????

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #2,787 of 7,153
.and I don't see why they would use a different driver in the B8.
Can you share a pic of the driver?????

I took a picture of the B8 driver when I had the pads off

R0012656.JPG
R0012660.JPG

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #2,788 of 7,153
By the pictures I've seen B6,B7 and b8 have same drivers. My guess is that B7 sounds muddy and too bassy is because of the "open" design. I't is not really that open because of the thick grille and foam. I't is just a well vented closed headphone.

More Air allowed adds bass before bass level starts to drop when design becomes more of an actually open Back headphone.

If back hole on B7 was closed it should sound about The same as b8 with all three holes closed. Of Course pads would have to Be More like The ones on b8 and smaller housing would affect the sound. But THEORATICALLY it should sound a lot like b8.

Other approach is velour pads that allow some off The bass waves pass through The pads before hitting your ears. Worst design is the one used stock. Pleather does not let bass through and small opening just pushes the bass directly to your ears.

Not very scientific explanation but that is pretty much how it Works.

Like I mentioned I use hm5 velours and I removed the foam from inside to Make them More open. I'm pretty Happy with The result.

I'f I wanted to experiment I would propably make b7 fully open and use hm5 pleather pads. Would take alot of effort without proper tools though and I would need to get a New grille from somewhere.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #2,790 of 7,153
My experience in short: B8 is a pretty well articulated headphone for the money: bass well done, quick and not bleeding into mids, tad north of neutral in quantity, mids natural and well textured, about level with the rest of the spectrum maybe slightly recessed but not by much, treble well extended and a bit hot (quantitatively) but not disturbing or sibilant (for my ears at least). Decent soundstage and detail for a closed phone. Overall a good set in its price range, it's my closed pair for home (along with my main open BDT 880/600 which of course have better mids, dynamics, soundstage and detail, but less amount of bass).
I never got into the HM5 sound on the other hand, in the matter of fact I found them annoying and unnatural. They are so bright that snare drum sounds like someone is hitting a newspaper and every voice part is artificially being shifted up by one ore two notes. And the bass is really shy, well south of balanced. I'm trying to sell them to someone who's into this kind of signature.
This is my personal take, hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back