Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #11,176 of 35,472
HouseOfDoom: Looking forward to more impressions as you gain familiarity with your new JVCs. I'm pretty interested in...

1. How these keep up with fast kick drums like blastbeats

2. Whether sub-bass is good for electronic music with deep bass

3. How good of an all-rounder it is for when I'm listening to something more mainstream

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #11,177 of 35,472
Didn't think they were up your alley after you tried my pair. Maybe you should just borrow mine for a time. That way you'll know for sure. You'll either be able to pass it up with no regret, or your wallet will deepen its grudge against your ears.

Yeah they were quite awesome last time I heard them just been so long that I don't remember how they sound lol. I'll probably aim for maybe after the holidays to get a pair then. A short loan would be awesome, yeah we can probably work something out. 
redface.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #11,178 of 35,472
  http://www.mistertao.com/
Gotta get it forwarded if it is from taobao.

Heh, sound investment. Happy with them getting getting them forwarded from China with mistertao and costing all about $60 in all. Didn't like how it took well over a month.

Searching from Mistertao i see vendors that sells them for $10 ando others that sells them for $100. Please could you tell me the store where you buy it from?  

@HouseOfDoom: Looking forward to more impressions as you gain familiarity with your new JVCs. I'm pretty interested in...

1. How these keep up with fast kick drums like blastbeats

2. Whether sub-bass is good for electronic music with deep bass

3. How good of an all-rounder it is for when I'm listening to something more mainstream

+1

Also,  @twister6 did you listen the FX850?

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #11,179 of 35,472
  Searching from Mistertao i see vendors that sells them for $10 ando others that sells them for $100. Please could you tell me the store where you buy it from?  

+1

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39611403083
The cheap xe800 are fake, the expensive ones are retail packaging, the $50 one I linked comes with no retail packaging just headphones, tips, case, and one of those weird fish cable wrap things. Using mistertao will end up being like another $10 in fees/shipping but well worth it. If my pair bites the dust I'd first try and fix it myself then if it doesn't work get it from penon for $100 as it will come lot faster and with a warranty lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #11,180 of 35,472

+1

Nope, but heard it's great.  At the same time, a noticed that a lot of people who used to praise them on Head-fi now sold them, which is kind of confusing...

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #11,182 of 35,472
Nope, but heard it's great.  At the same time, a noticed that a lot of people who used to praise them on Head-fi now sold them, which is kind of confusing...

I don't think a lot of Head-fi members are looking to settle down. Many want to continue the journey and take an active part in new discoveries. When your dabbling in the $300+ range, it's prudent to recover some costs rather than build a collection. Well, unless you have a money tree.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #11,183 of 35,472
Nov 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #11,184 of 35,472

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #11,185 of 35,472
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #11,186 of 35,472
This is an awesome day in my household! I've got the FX850 blowing my mind and ears, I got my ZA Doppios back and they sound as amazing as ever, and I got what appears to be this budget woodie wonder. It's from a very unknown company, but right now it's rivaling the Pistons, VSD3S, Ostry KC06, and KZEDSE in performance with a more balanced sound for a mere $6.00. I'm still burning them in,,so I'm not ready to jump the gun and release the name and pictures yet, but soon. These things are built beautifully and sturdy, with excellent braided cable (think Meelecronics M9 cable). Beautiful woodie timbre too. More to come real soon.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #11,187 of 35,472
This is an awesome day in my household! I've got the FX850 blowing my mind and ears, I got my ZA Doppios back and they sound as amazing as ever, and I got what appears to be this budget woodie wonder. It's from a very unknown company, but right now it's rivaling the Pistons, VSD3S, Ostry KC06, and KZEDSE in performance with a more balanced sound for a mere $6.00. I'm still burning them in,,so I'm not ready to jump the gun and release the name and pictures yet, but soon. These things are built beautifully and sturdy, with excellent braided cable (think Meelecronics M9 cable). Beautiful woodie timbre too. More to come real soon.

You do realize you put these in your signature already?  Soundsoul S-018 woodies

http://www.amazon.com/Soundsoul-S-018-Inear-Earphone-black/dp/B009GISUL8/

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #11,189 of 35,472
Twister...don't I look the fool lol I forgot I did. I'm an idiot lol

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #11,190 of 35,472
Ok so yeah, the SoundSOUL woodies are crazy awesome for the price. What if Ostry KC06 walked into a room with a red dress on, and filled TTPOD T1e and VSD3S with tequila and whispers of the night of their lives..this is the crystal clear, wide soundstage, balanced sound of the S-018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back