Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #28,516 of 33,689
Just wanted to post my thoughts on the TRN V90 (actually most impressions are from my fiance, who I'm hoping to finally get into the hobby a bit, lol; I decided to let her do the reviewing / impressions on this one :)

Packaging / Accessories: Pretty good. They came in the usual TRN-type packaging, and everything looked great upon opening the box. The included 3.5mm cable ended up being a really good non-balanced cable for my fiance, who uses it along with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter to connect to her iPhone X. I'm assuming it's a silver-plated cable. The included eartips are decent as well.

Construction:. Great. The actual earpieces are definitely made very well; all-metal build and I doubt they'll be taking much damage any time soon. I particularly like the way the logo stands out on the top of the earpieces beside the two vents.

Sound: Very good. The V90, according to my fiance, has a pretty large soundstage from her perspective (although her experience at the moment is a bit limited; she has tried a few other balanced armature / dynamic driver hybrids to compare with, though). Neither of us are the biggest fan of an overbearing treble, and the V90 stayed well under her irritation point. She considered the V90s treble "very nicely done; detailed but not painful, lol". Bass is great; she's no basshead either but said it was "just fine". The midrange is a bit more recessed than she normally likes, but when it comes down to it she considers the V90 the best set of iems she's heard yet (besides my iSine 20s).

Anyways, seems she really liked the V90s!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #28,517 of 33,689
How long did you burn in whit out listening ?
I think I may have used some noise from some app to burn them in as well. I have no idea the answer to your question.

Some iems don't need burn in while others just magically change like this one. Burn in is mysterious to me. It's just a wake call from factory state.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #28,518 of 33,689
So my only purchase from the 11/11 show will be here in a couple of days the SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 via Linsoul. I am half expecting to enjoy but a bit wary that they won't live up to expectations. What will it be?
Try it with the red/silver 8 core NiceHCK cable.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #28,519 of 33,689
The Blon's are my personal 'holy grail' IEM. I've been a bit lucky and got a couple of Blon 03's that hit the music bliss g-spot. Just hoping the allegedly bassier profile of the Semkarch is a good bass profile.

Vs the Blon - the bass is fuller though doesn't seem to extend as deep (though I use the lesser bass filter). Mid bass isn't so inconsistent but the way the instruments separate can leave the bass feeling a bit detached.
Separation is better. But that's not an entirely good thing (see above)
Soundstage is similar size and slightly better imaged.
Treble detail is slightly better but mid range is slightly recessed.
Timbre is similarly excellent.

Edit - due to prior fit issues I have less time in the Semkarch than the Blon.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #28,520 of 33,689
Found on Amazon UK £4.99 for 6 pairs. Same diameter as JVC Spiral Dots Large, but somewhat deeper. Quite large. May suit the Blon 03 to get deeper seal. Bass is good and allows the Blon to be natural. Got them on Prime...one day.

6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement Ear Cushions. Size Extra Large

by EarphonesPlus

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #28,521 of 33,689
Well, I was just going to sell my ZSN Pro to a colleague since he was interested on the IEM yesterday. Long story short, he bought it from me and lend it to another colleague of mine to try on. This colleague then become interested on IEM too after comparing an old earphones with the zsn.

I had the thought to sell my BLON 03 too since I rarely used them and after I lend the blon to him for a day to try, he unexpectedly buy my only pair of blon from me. :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #28,526 of 33,689
Letmusicburnin now it all makes sense

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #28,528 of 33,689
I burn nothing in. Just listen. After a while some stuff sounds much better and some stuff doesn't. AKG K702 I think sees the biggest change.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #28,529 of 33,689
I burn nothing in. Just listen. After a while some stuff sounds much better and some stuff doesn't. AKG K702 I think sees the biggest change.
Interesting, my Old AKG k501 made me a believer about 20 years ago. Changed drastically after the first hour especially...

The pair that had by far the most burn in over a longer period was the RHA C2 though. That pair needs like 300 hours, most really need like 10 or less.

Anyway I agree, I like listening and hearing the changes now.

I actually think my blon got worse burning in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back