Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #28,501 of 33,689
I'm like you..big ears. Been trying to find XL tips. Saw a amazon UK seller who suddenly adverises XL tips
6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement XtraLarge
6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement Ear Tips X Large

So I ordered some on Prime for tomorrow. Maybe they will genuinely be XL. I doubt it though.
The japanese manufactors have big tips whit 14mm. I see alot when i was looking on amazon japan where i got my aznas from

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #28,502 of 33,689
Nov 18, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #28,504 of 33,689
We should have a pot thread. As in...what’s the best music you’ve heard whilst being sky high.
I was listening mainly tupac snoop and nate dogg when i was high

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #28,506 of 33,689
Nov 18, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #28,507 of 33,689
For the record the **** pro isn't neutral. Definitely has a v shape.

It's my new favorite under $50.... Need to compare to my bqeyz bq3 but it's going to be close on sound (bq3 fits better). OOTB tuning is very good IMO.

Switching to acoustic music as I write this since I never heard the original ****.

Soundstage is exceptional, and not just "for the price". Bass is deep and has good texture. Could be a bit more forward....

Timbre is, a tiny bit off without EQ, but sounds fine tweaked. No EQ/MSEB it can sound a bit honky and a little too thick at times but that is really a minor nitpick that I have to really look for. It only takes minor adjustments to fix though....

Excellent pair, except I swear to God I'm getting a periodic shock on my ear where the metal is touching my skin.....

Damn, they still retain the shocking effect! I always literally get electrified with original ****

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #28,508 of 33,689
Damn, they still retain the shocking effect! I always literally get electrified with original ****
Oh this is an actual thing? I just thought I was going more insane, literally.

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #28,509 of 33,689
Oh this is an actual thing? I just thought I was going more insane, literally.

I thought my unit is defective one, but turned out that some of user also got shocked by them. And can't believe the Pro version also electrifies, they should've fix that!

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #28,510 of 33,689
I thought my unit is defective one, but turned out that some of user also got shocked by them. And can't believe the Pro version also electrifies, they should've fix that!

If an earphone uses MMCX, then the jack has to be isolated from the metal shell, if you want to eliminate the possibility of being shocked. One issue with putting the jack in a simple plastic bushing, is keeping it from pulling out when unplugging the cable. I've had a MMCX jack pull out of a PT15 earbud, so I'm extra careful with them now.

This is one place where the 2-Pin plugs have a natural advantage, since both pins are usually isolated from the earphone shell.

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #28,511 of 33,689
I had the same issue with a whizzer a15 non pro

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #28,512 of 33,689
If an earphone uses MMCX, then the jack has to be isolated from the metal shell, if you want to eliminate the possibility of being shocked. One issue with putting the jack in a simple plastic bushing, is keeping it from pulling out when unplugging the cable. I've had a MMCX jack pull out of a PT15 earbud, so I'm extra careful with them now.

This is one place where the 2-Pin plugs have a natural advantage, since both pins are usually isolated from the earphone shell.

Also - Your cable needs to have insulated MMCX plugs!

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #28,513 of 33,689
Also - Your cable needs to have insulated MMCX plugs!
Well holy crap, I guess you learn something new every day. Thanks for the info, now that you mention it, the outer ring is obviously not insulated well enough from the metal shell.

Yayyy for not going crazy though.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #28,515 of 33,689
BURN IN IS REAL! My Blon 01 sound great now. Wowzers. The best iem that will ever exist for $15USD.
How long did you burn in whit out listening ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back