Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 19, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #28,531 of 33,689
And as the great Albert Einstein once said

OPPOTY FOOBIDOOWAP NEVERGIVEUP
He was a great racist and had a very myopic opinion about Chinese and Indians!

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #28,532 of 33,689
Nov 19, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #28,533 of 33,689
It's well known...

'Written between October 1922 and March 1923, the diaries track his experiences in Asia and the Middle East.

In them, he makes sweeping and negative generalisations, for example calling the Chinese "industrious, filthy, obtuse people".'

'The physicist describes arriving in Port Said in Egypt and facing "Levantines of every shade... as if spewed from hell" who come aboard their ship to sell their goods.

He also describes his time in Colombo in Ceylon, writing of the people: "They live in great filth and considerable stench down on the ground, do little, and need little."'

'But the famous physicist reserves his most cutting comments for Chinese people.

According to a piece in the Guardian about the diaries, he describes Chinese children as "spiritless and obtuse", and calls it "a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races".

In other entries he calls China "a peculiar herd-like nation," and "more like automatons than people", before claiming there is "little difference" between Chinese men and women, and questioning how the men are "incapable of defending themselves" from female "fatal attraction".'

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #28,534 of 33,689
If an earphone uses MMCX, then the jack has to be isolated from the metal shell, if you want to eliminate the possibility of being shocked. One issue with putting the jack in a simple plastic bushing, is keeping it from pulling out when unplugging the cable. I've had a MMCX jack pull out of a PT15 earbud, so I'm extra careful with them now.

This is one place where the 2-Pin plugs have a natural advantage, since both pins are usually isolated from the earphone shell.

I have several 2 pin IEMS that static electricity from the cable is still transmitted to the IEM.driver. The shell of the IEM is metal in both cases.

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #28,535 of 33,689
me and my random urges....how is the fit on the Tin hifi T4 if the T3 didnt fit you good?

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #28,536 of 33,689
It's well known...

'Written between October 1922 and March 1923, the diaries track his experiences in Asia and the Middle East.

In them, he makes sweeping and negative generalisations, for example calling the Chinese "industrious, filthy, obtuse people".'

'The physicist describes arriving in Port Said in Egypt and facing "Levantines of every shade... as if spewed from hell" who come aboard their ship to sell their goods.

He also describes his time in Colombo in Ceylon, writing of the people: "They live in great filth and considerable stench down on the ground, do little, and need little."'

'But the famous physicist reserves his most cutting comments for Chinese people.

According to a piece in the Guardian about the diaries, he describes Chinese children as "spiritless and obtuse", and calls it "a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races".

In other entries he calls China "a peculiar herd-like nation," and "more like automatons than people", before claiming there is "little difference" between Chinese men and women, and questioning how the men are "incapable of defending themselves" from female "fatal attraction".'

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
Yes that are really repulsive statements

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #28,537 of 33,689
Hmm, while reading all the love of the Blon 03 I just have to say Drop is basically giving this little Chi-Fi jewel away https://drop.com/buy/mee-audio-pinnacle-p2-iem so I have 8 new Christmas gifts coming for friends to get a taste of the aural High Life on the cheap:wink: Especially for them since they'll be gifts:rolling_eyes: I like to call it turning one music lover on at a time or that could be giving a disease a chance:hushed: They are a killer iem for their original price of $94 more:beerchug:

Nutter MeeXP1.JPG

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #28,538 of 33,689
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #28,541 of 33,689
Just wait a few weeks.

LOL, I was still thinking about the Great Einstein comment and figured it was all filed under relative knowledge. Let's just stop for a minute and think about anything that actually moves during operations and gives with time ie: an engine, props, bearings etc. I know for a fact that all my DD iem's have changed over time most for the better but some have had adverse effects as I'm thinking the designer did not have expansion/wear in his design:thinking: I really only burn DD's as I've never really heard any difference over time with my BA's but then again I think any movement in the design does not change much but then that's just my opinion/thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #28,542 of 33,689
LOL, I was still thinking about the Great Einstein comment and figured it was all filed under relative knowledge. Let's just stop for a minute and think about anything that actually moves during operations and gives with time ie: an engine, props, bearings etc. I know for a fact that all my DD iem's have changed over time most for the better but some have had adverse effects as I'm thinking the designer did not have expansion/wear in his design:thinking: I really only burn DD's as I've never really heard any difference over time with my BA's but then again I think any movement in the design does not change much but then that's just my opinion/thoughts on it.
Yes, I'd generally agree. DDs, electret, planars need some level of burn in, I don't think BAs do though, don't know about true electrostats. And as for cables needing burned in, I believe that to be total crap. Same with DACs.

Amps are sort of like DDs, 10 minutes is usually good. They really just need to be warm. I remember getting my shanling m5s in the middle of winter and yeah, it was not right until it was warmed up from being 10 degrees F.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #28,544 of 33,689
Yes, I'd generally agree. DDs, electret, planars need some level of burn in, I don't think BAs do though, don't know about true electrostats. And as for cables needing burned in, I believe that to be total crap. Same with DACs.

Amps are sort of like DDs, 10 minutes is usually good. They really just need to be warm. I remember getting my shanling m5s in the middle of winter and yeah, it was not right until it was warmed up from being 10 degrees F.

Oh now we are going to open the Pandora tubes box eh:open_mouth: LOL Well I have tube Per amp (BAT) and tube Phono Pre (BAT) as well as tube Integrated in Man Cave rigs and all really need an hour or better at volume to get up to speed and really open up, never experienced any of my DD iem's killin' it after 10 minutes or at least not like they do after 50/60 solid hours and sometimes even more but you/we hear what we hear and 99% of the time it's always different:beerchug:

@HungryPanda I'm sure hoping I get that same sentiment from several come January:wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back