Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 19, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #28,561 of 33,689
Yes indeed. Coming up with nuanced differences between all of the IEMs in your collection would be a MONUMENTAL endeavor!:wink::sunglasses: Just remember, 'endgame" is always one purchase away (no matter how many purchases you make LOL).

I think it's well established I've not even gotten close to end game:rolling_eyes: My damn signature should just be ....."yes please, can I have another":anguished:

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #28,562 of 33,689
I am an electrical and mechanical engineer that loves music. Have played in several bands and also worked as a sound engineer. Make my own earbuds and iems but still love other peoples efforts

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #28,564 of 33,689
I think it's well established I've not even gotten close to end game:rolling_eyes: My damn signature should just be ....."yes please, can I have another":anguished:
Ha, ha I hear you. I'm pretty happy with what I have right now. There's always a strong urge though to hit the buy button when a ChiFi IEM comes along and gets hyped off the charts. I'm going to try to resist for a while longer.

I'll let you in on a little secret, the IEMs I'm enjoying the most right now is my JVC HA-FXZ200s that I purchased from another Headfier for $40.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #28,565 of 33,689
15742075102054432269844627366797.jpg

Found on Amazon UK £4.99 for 6 pairs. Same diameter as JVC Spiral Dots Large, but somewhat deeper. Quite large. May suit the Blon 03 to get deeper seal. Bass is good and allows the Blon to be natural. Got them on Prime...one day.

6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement Ear Cushions. Size Extra Large

by EarphonesPlus

Got these this morning on Amazon UK Prime and they might be available on Amazon over Europe. I normally use Large JVC Spiral Dots. The XL Earphone Plus tips are at their most bulbous about 13/14mm diameter, but they are unusually long (about 11mm) and narrow bore. I notice that the bass is as good, if not slightly better than with the Spiral Dots. For those with deeper ears they seal very well. 6 pairs for £4.99, the quality is good and may save people having to wait and pay a lot more by getting from the far east

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #28,566 of 33,689
basehead is my jam--a visionary work. suprisingly unavailable on spotify et al

Its one of the few times where an original idea was perfectly executed. Thematically brilliant.

I think they have some more modern stuff on bandcamp. B.Y.O.B was a jazz influenced side project too.

Actually shocked that anyone else has ever heard of them. 1991 was a long time ago.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #28,569 of 33,689
The Pinnacle P2 is a nice iem

The Pinnacle P2 came out in 2017/2018? So how does it compare to the recent CHIFI sub $50 USD releases? It looks V shaped and quite generic. Do u find the treble harsh? Some reviews say it has a bit of a harsh treble, so I'm a bit on the fence about it. But it is quite cheap now considering its previous pricing.

I had the MEE Audio M6 and I wasn't impressed by its technicalities compared to CHIFI that were cheaper, so would appreciate your advise about the P2. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #28,570 of 33,689
That pose really strikes me more as philosophy on my life moreso than being specifically about mountain biking! I've not eaten that particular kind of S#!+ In a really long time, but damn if I don't find the crappy things in life to have the most comedic value and absurdity, to the point where when something like that is actually happening I honestly usually start laughing immediately.
Is the photo in your avatar taken in Iowa? It doesn't look like Iowa to me. I have been in that pose many times as well. I have ridden both motos and mountain bikes extensively in Colorado, Utah, and Washington state. I have even thrown out helmets after a couple wrecks.

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #28,571 of 33,689
@baskingshark

I can’t speak for how the Panda hears them but for me they are far from treble centric for my hearing. I recommend them because they are laid back and very easy to listen too for long periods of time. They have a sweet 10mm DD and very well built metal housing and a very nice mat finish. I would say they benefit from a nice cable (8 or 16 gauge). For my ears they are v shaped and rather warm compared KZ’s. Keep in mind I love Treble and Mids plus they have incredible fit:beerchug:

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #28,572 of 33,689
@baskingshark

I can’t speak for how the Panda hears them but for me they are far from treble centric for my hearing. I recommend them because they are laid back and very easy to listen too for long periods of time. They have a sweet 10mm DD and very well built metal housing and a very nice mat finish. I would say they benefit from a nice cable (8 or 16 gauge). For my ears they are v shaped and rather warm compared KZ’s. Keep in mind I love Treble and Mids plus they have incredible fit:beerchug:

Thanks for your impressions. How do they compare in technicalities and timbre to the current CHIFI single DD IEMs? Since the P2 is also a single DD.
Can u compare them with BLON BL-03 if u do own the BLONs? TIA!

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #28,573 of 33,689
Its one of the few times where an original idea was perfectly executed. Thematically brilliant.

I think they have some more modern stuff on bandcamp. B.Y.O.B was a jazz influenced side project too.

Actually shocked that anyone else has ever heard of them. 1991 was a long time ago.
all the subsequent stuff of his that i've heard sucked--he seems to have expended all his genius on the one record. just listened to it again--thanks for the inspiration

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #28,575 of 33,689
Thanks for your impressions. How do they compare in technicalities and timbre to the current CHIFI single DD IEMs? Since the P2 is also a single DD.
Can u compare them with BLON BL-03 if u do own the BLONs? TIA!

Well I've been with the same Blon for 23 years now and one is enough! Seriously I've taken a sabbatical on portable purchases (hopefully permanent but for sure for at least a little while) now you may get a comparison from @HungryPanda as I think he has both around his place but I'm not 100% positive:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back