1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Cevisi
    Yes just register on amazon japan and order it. Thats how i did it

2. SoundChoice
    Seems straightforward. Thanks!

Cevisi likes this.
  3. Podster
    I think it's well established I've not even gotten close to end game:rolling_eyes: My damn signature should just be ....."yes please, can I have another":anguished:

peter123, 1clearhead and slowpickr like this.
  4. HungryPanda
    I am an electrical and mechanical engineer that loves music. Have played in several bands and also worked as a sound engineer. Make my own earbuds and iems but still love other peoples efforts

5. LaughMoreDaily
    Since you are making earphones for yourself and can perfect them for your use. Do many companies make ones better than your own?

6. slowpickr
    Ha, ha I hear you. I'm pretty happy with what I have right now. There's always a strong urge though to hit the buy button when a ChiFi IEM comes along and gets hyped off the charts. I'm going to try to resist for a while longer.

I'll let you in on a little secret, the IEMs I'm enjoying the most right now is my JVC HA-FXZ200s that I purchased from another Headfier for $40.

7. dharmasteve
    15742075102054432269844627366797.jpg

Got these this morning on Amazon UK Prime and they might be available on Amazon over Europe. I normally use Large JVC Spiral Dots. The XL Earphone Plus tips are at their most bulbous about 13/14mm diameter, but they are unusually long (about 11mm) and narrow bore. I notice that the bass is as good, if not slightly better than with the Spiral Dots. For those with deeper ears they seal very well. 6 pairs for £4.99, the quality is good and may save people having to wait and pay a lot more by getting from the far east

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. BadReligionPunk
    Its one of the few times where an original idea was perfectly executed. Thematically brilliant.

I think they have some more modern stuff on bandcamp. B.Y.O.B was a jazz influenced side project too.

Actually shocked that anyone else has ever heard of them. 1991 was a long time ago.

9. Slater
  10. normanl
    How is Pinnacle P2 compared to Blon BL03? Is Pinnacle P2 an upgrade for Blon BL03?

11. baskingshark
    The Pinnacle P2 came out in 2017/2018? So how does it compare to the recent CHIFI sub $50 USD releases? It looks V shaped and quite generic. Do u find the treble harsh? Some reviews say it has a bit of a harsh treble, so I'm a bit on the fence about it. But it is quite cheap now considering its previous pricing.

I had the MEE Audio M6 and I wasn't impressed by its technicalities compared to CHIFI that were cheaper, so would appreciate your advise about the P2. Thanks in advance!

Toastybob, RikudouGoku and piji like this.
  12. ironbrewer
    Is the photo in your avatar taken in Iowa? It doesn't look like Iowa to me. I have been in that pose many times as well. I have ridden both motos and mountain bikes extensively in Colorado, Utah, and Washington state. I have even thrown out helmets after a couple wrecks.

13. Podster
    @baskingshark

I can’t speak for how the Panda hears them but for me they are far from treble centric for my hearing. I recommend them because they are laid back and very easy to listen too for long periods of time. They have a sweet 10mm DD and very well built metal housing and a very nice mat finish. I would say they benefit from a nice cable (8 or 16 gauge). For my ears they are v shaped and rather warm compared KZ’s. Keep in mind I love Treble and Mids plus they have incredible fit:beerchug:

HungryPanda and baskingshark like this.
  14. baskingshark
    Thanks for your impressions. How do they compare in technicalities and timbre to the current CHIFI single DD IEMs? Since the P2 is also a single DD.
    Can u compare them with BLON BL-03 if u do own the BLONs? TIA!

piji likes this.
  15. loomisjohnson
    all the subsequent stuff of his that i've heard sucked--he seems to have expended all his genius on the one record. just listened to it again--thanks for the inspiration