Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #28,546 of 33,689
You and I will always enjoy new gear I think

And regardless how subtle the differences may be from stuff we already have:rolling_eyes: I gave up a long time ago trying to find out how much better or different one thing sounded from another so much so I almost stopped listening and especially enjoying my music:smirk:

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #28,548 of 33,689
For burning in, I imagine the optimum method must surely be to stick a favourite album on repeat play and just leave it playing through the earphones for however long you want? Maybe do it with a couple of different music types.
Like rock, classical, noise, jazz, hip hop, pop, punk, electronic, metal, etc. Yay!

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #28,550 of 33,689
It is always about music and my childish amusement of new toys

Indeed, guilty as charged:grin:

@SciOC I'm with you on cable burn however I do believe many cables have different sound characteristics based on materials and configurations:thinking: I laugh everytime I look at you avatar since I've probably done that specific pose 100's of times in my life:rolling_eyes: LOL (most of the time but a few really hurt):cry: Just pick one cause I've probably bit it more than a few times on all of them at one point or another and we won't even have to go to the track:scream:

Runion-Driskel Bikes 2015.JPG

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #28,552 of 33,689
Update: got my Blon bl03 today and loving it. This one was the longest it ever took to reach me

LOL, I'm pretty sure a lot of mine have come via Chinese Junk boat:rolling_eyes:

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #28,553 of 33,689
Indeed, guilty as charged:grin:

@SciOC I'm with you on cable burn however I do believe many cables have different sound characteristics based on materials and configurations:thinking: I laugh everytime I look at you avatar since I've probably done that specific pose 100's of times in my life:rolling_eyes: LOL (most of the time but a few really hurt):cry: Just pick one cause I've probably bit it more than a few times on all of them at one point or another and we won't even have to go to the track:scream:

That pose really strikes me more as philosophy on my life moreso than being specifically about mountain biking! I've not eaten that particular kind of S#!+ In a really long time, but damn if I don't find the crappy things in life to have the most comedic value and absurdity, to the point where when something like that is actually happening I honestly usually start laughing immediately.

And I guess I should be more specific, solid state amps. I've little experience with tubes because I just use EQ, and preferred to go balanced, so there's not a lot of overlap yet. I don't think 10 minutes really does it for most DDs either, but the effect on DDs I definitely find to vary widely. My spring 1 with the 13mm DD definitely was 100+ hours. Whereas some of my hybrids especially seemed to be pretty steady from the get go.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #28,554 of 33,689
That pose really strikes me more as philosophy on my life moreso than being specifically about mountain biking! I've not eaten that particular kind of S#!+ In a really long time, but damn if I don't find the crappy things in life to have the most comedic value and absurdity, to the point where when something like that is actually happening I honestly usually start laughing immediately.

And I guess I should be more specific, solid state amps. I've little experience with tubes because I just use EQ, and preferred to go balanced, so there's not a lot of overlap yet. I don't think 10 minutes really does it for most DDs either, but the effect on DDs I definitely find to vary widely. My spring 1 with the 13mm DD definitely was 100+ hours. Whereas some of my hybrids especially seemed to be pretty steady from the get go.

Hmm, I guess bigger generally means longer too:open_mouth: Hope nobody takes that out of context:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Only goes to reason bigger with more surface area and size would take longer to adjust, pretty sure my 6mm ASG Rockets broke in quicker than any of my 10mm plus DD's:thinking:

I try my best to find funny in sarcasm otherwise I might really get mad and waste cells:rolling_eyes: In some of my crash poses I'm pretty sure I'm doing that upside down:laughing:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #28,555 of 33,689
Hmm, I guess bigger generally means longer too:open_mouth: Hope nobody takes that out of context:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Only goes to reason bigger with more surface area and size would take longer to adjust, pretty sure my 6mm ASG Rockets broke in quicker than any of my 10mm plus DD's:thinking:
Magnet strength, thickness of the diaphragm, size, weight, material could all play a role.

The planar diaphragm in the RHA CL2 is pretty thick, which is simultaneously both why I think it takes FOREVER to burn in, but is also why it pushes damn near as much bass/air as a DD, and the tin p1 is bass anemic.

I think burn in is complex in drivers that move air in general. For instance, a beryllium or DLC should not change properties much with burn in, but the magnet itself and the surround might, so who really knows what you're in for each time you get a new pair.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #28,556 of 33,689
Magnet strength, thickness of the diaphragm, size, weight, material could all play a role.

The planar diaphragm in the RHA CL2 is pretty thick, which is simultaneously both why I think it takes FOREVER to burn in, but is also why it pushes damn near as much bass/air as a DD, and the tin p1 is bass anemic.

I think burn in is complex in drivers that move air in general. For instance, a beryllium or DLC should not change properties much with burn in, but the magnet itself and the surround might, so who really knows what you're in for each time you get a new pair.

Good point/s, I'd have to hire an engineer to really go the distance on that as I'm pretty sure I have ADD, that's my story (excuse) and I'm sticking with it:grin:

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #28,557 of 33,689
The japanese manufactors have big tips whit 14mm. I see alot when i was looking on amazon japan where i got my aznas from

SedniEartips not in LL in Amazon.com, but apparently they are in Amazon.co.jp - Is there a way for someone in the U.S. to buy from the .jp site?

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #28,558 of 33,689
And regardless how subtle the differences may be from stuff we already have:rolling_eyes: I gave up a long time ago trying to find out how much better or different one thing sounded from another so much so I almost stopped listening and especially enjoying my music:smirk:
Yes indeed. Coming up with nuanced differences between all of the IEMs in your collection would be a MONUMENTAL endeavor!:wink::sunglasses: Just remember, 'endgame" is always one purchase away (no matter how many purchases you make LOL).

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #28,559 of 33,689
SedniEartips not in LL in Amazon.com, but apparently they are in Amazon.co.jp - Is there a way for someone in the U.S. to buy from the .jp site?
Yes just register on amazon japan and order it. Thats how i did it

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #28,560 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back