Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 23, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #26,703 of 33,689
Just to check friend, do u get a lot of hiss with the TFZ No. 3 on the TRN BT20?

Yes, tfz no 3 got audible hiss. Not the same case with blon bl03

I still can't imagine what you mean lol
Lol, i meant you need to pull the back end of the bluetooth module to pull up the front end so the shape is align with the Blon, lol hard to describe, try them yourself
I think I need to this to my ****.
it keeps slipping
You can try, even though i dont need spacer on **** nozzle

Sep 23, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #26,704 of 33,689
Yes, tfz no 3 got audible hiss. Not the same case with blon bl03

Yeah I get hiss with the TFZ No. 3 on the BT20 too. But it is not very noticable when music plays.
Also TFZ No. 3 has occasional hiss on smartphone and some desktops. But it disappears with an inline volume controller or impedance mismatch device or even an amp.

I find the hiss of the TFZ No. 3 is actually the most among the CHIFI IEMs I own.
I'm no audio expert, wondering how come the TFZ No. 3 (impedance 20 ohms, sensitivity 108 dB) has more hiss than another IEM that has less impedance (eg toneking nine tails, impedance 16 ohms, sensitivity 100 dB; or eg Audiosense T800, impedance 9 ohms, sensitivity 90 dB)?
Is hiss factored by both low impedance and high sensitivity?

TIA for any explanation on hiss!

Sep 23, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #26,705 of 33,689

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 23, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #26,706 of 33,689
Yeah I get hiss with the TFZ No. 3 on the BT20 too. But it is not very noticable when music plays.
Also TFZ No. 3 has occasional hiss on smartphone and some desktops. But it disappears with an inline volume controller or impedance mismatch device or even an amp.

I find the hiss of the TFZ No. 3 is actually the most among the CHIFI IEMs I own.
I'm no audio expert, wondering how come the TFZ No. 3 (impedance 20 ohms, sensitivity 108 dB) has more hiss than another IEM that has less impedance (eg toneking nine tails, impedance 16 ohms, sensitivity 100 dB; or eg Audiosense T800, impedance 9 ohms, sensitivity 90 dB)?

Yes its because low in impedance thus high insensitivity also (also caused by low impedance). I dont know also about further technicality details, sorry

Sep 23, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #26,707 of 33,689
Stock cable is smoldering hot garbage.

Get a $8 cable
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32931782166.html

Did you read my reply to your other post as to why I like the stock cable? I even posted a nice photo for you so you could see the tips I have chosen.

The cable that you linked has the exact type of thick over ear part that I try to avoid, especially with smaller shells like these. My ears lie very flat to my head. I don't have room for that thick bit and my glasses...not to mention how my hair gets tangled into the whole mess.

Obviously I actually prefer cable down.

BTW, I fixed the link in your quote to remove all the redirect crap.

Sep 23, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #26,709 of 33,689
I have recently obtained the Magaosi BK50. It's not bad, but not very good either. It's somewhat better than the 1DD + 1BA Hybrid CCA CA4, even though the BK50 itself is 1DD + 1BA.

I had also obtained the DUNU Titan 6. I will listen to that shortly.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #26,710 of 33,689

For speakers: A 108db sensitivity means at 1 watt of power, you’ll hear 108db, at 1 meter distance. You have to double the power for every +3db. So if you have 2 speakers, 1 rated at 95db and the 2nd rated at 98db, the 1st set would require double the wattage, to equal the output of the 2nd set, at any given rate of volume.

I’m sure that the formula for wattage and distance have an offset for IEMs. But the scale should still be indicative of how easy or hard it would be to drive a given IEM.

From personal experience, I’ve found the TFZ No. 3 to not be over friendly to too much amperage; which relates to their high sensitivity.

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #26,711 of 33,689
Got home to a KZ EDR1. First impression is that it's both better and worse than the ED9. ED9 Has no real bad points but also no great strengths. The EDR1 has a very zingy and unnatural treble but the bass is nice and deep and very present without being overpowering. I am now waiting for my MH755 so I can form an opinion on which super cheap sub £15 IEM is best. At less than £3 (posted halfway across the world) the EDR1 just made quite a good first impression.

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #26,713 of 33,689
For speakers: A 108db sensitivity means at 1 watt of power, you’ll hear 108db, at 1 meter distance. You have to double the power for every +3db. So if you have 2 speakers, 1 rated at 95db and the 2nd rated at 98db, the 1st set would require double the wattage, to equal the output of the 2nd set, at any given rate of volume.

I’m sure that the formula for wattage and distance have an offset for IEMs. But the scale should still be indicative of how easy or hard it would be to drive a given IEM.

From personal experience, I’ve found the TFZ No. 3 to not be over friendly to too much amperage; which relates to their high sensitivity.
Keep in mind that 3 decibels is a power rating and not perceived volume, and that perceived volume requires more than 3 db to double. The soundwaves have 2x the intensity at +3db but not 2x perceived volume/loudness. That's dependent on... More stuff but is usually +6-10db as a rule of thumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back