Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #26,672 of 33,689
Picked up my second pair from kind unsuspecting neighbour, who had missed a trick in not lying and keeping them for herself. The fool! :wink:

Pretentious kinda pack blurb, n'est pas? My Dad told me never to trust anyone who can't spel propa.

blons.jpg

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #26,674 of 33,689
Yup. Watched now. Fab review as per.
Hands up - you got it covered now. Which cable you rec on these, fella?

Thanks.
Not sure? It is a 2 pin with color coded and just slightly bent back cables indicating pin orientation so I am not outta phase or anything like that so I use it a lot.
Sorry i cannot be more helpful.

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #26,675 of 33,689
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32738712329.html I'm listening to these at the moment and no I do not need the Ve bonus and quite a few other iems I already have, bass is lovely

I've got those Z5000 (purchased when they were bit more expensive), and with KZ Starline tips, they've got a pretty warm sound signature.
I do like their sound (it's not as open & airy as a lot of my other earphones), but the Z5000 does have a fair amount of driver flex.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #26,676 of 33,689
Haha at the rate CHIFI is churning out hypetrains and affordable IEMs, there'll probably be another flavour of the week hypetrain that comes out by 11/11.

The BLON BL-03 is already at $25.50 (cheapest option on AE with voucher used), even if 11/11 is cheaper, it'll probably be a few more dollars savings at most.

I'm anticipating the new Tanchjim oxygen too, but it'll probably be expensive at launch (not sure if it'll be discounted for 11/11 or launch before then).
Yes there will be alot of new stuff for 11/11. I bet there will be a new kz who kills every thing i don't know how but there is a feeling in me

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #26,677 of 33,689
Stock cable and included tips are pretty much garbage. Sound is excellent if you get the fit

The stock tips are very flimsy and do seem useless. On the other hand, I am able to get an excellent fit using the stock cable. It gently fits securely around my ear with no thickness to get in the way of my glasses or tangled in my hair. The do look like they would be too stiff and "grabby" around the ear but actually they fit me comfortably. While listening I become completely unaware of the cable. So, I would not say that everyone will need to change the cable. As always it depends on the individual. However, this means, according to something you said in your video, that I am full of crap.... so... never mind.

More than ok, outstanding. Cable and foams and you rocking top notch sound

Again, individual differences. I know I am not the only one that does not like foams... at all. I cannot stand to even touch them. It is a sensory issue. So I am rocking mine with the stock cable and Symbio Peel tips.... as shown in the photo below.

No need for after market cable particularly. It’s not aesthetically great but, hey, it’s a $25 earphone with beautifully earpieces and a sound to die for. Spend $8 and get a shiny copper Nicehck if you must.

I am happy that I am not the only one to feel that the stock cable is fine. Well, actually, my husband @HungryPanda thought so too. Aesthetically I do feel like it is ok. The color and the connectors suit it. I noticed that the cable used in the video did not seem to match it aesthetically at all. I can see that in my case that cable would not sit close enough to the curve of my ear. It would stick out in an annoying way. I have experienced that. Some people, of course, may say that about the stock cable. Ears are so weird. Am I the only one who has googled images of ears?

With the Symbio Peel tips I am able to situate the earpiece snugly into the concha area. I like having the shell body firmly against that part of my ear. The tips do not go in deeply but they isolate well for a good comfortable seal (and an excellent sound). Again, I was unaware of them during listening. Tip fit is highly individual... much more so than cables in my opinion. They are flush enough with my ear that I think I could sleep with them lying on my side. Normally I look for a bean shaped iem for that.

My Blon is the Brown/Gunmetal option. I think my husband just ordered a silver one.

R0015435.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #26,678 of 33,689
I prefer the zhiyin z5000 with properly eq against my audiosense t800 .. Price gap is big.. Even though the t800 is a lot of extended in the treble.. Pros best detail retrieval accuracy and instrument accuracy (not forgiving in poor recordings) .. Z5000 pros soundstage is massive and seperation is good too its bit allrounder which i prefer..

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #26,679 of 33,689
Yes there will be alot of new stuff for 11/11. I bet there will be a new kz who kills every thing i don't know how but there is a feeling in me

Oh if only it could be a really, really well tuned DD IEM that sits above the (for the money) excellent little ED9. Nothing fancy just plain simple engineering and bang for buck. Ideally sub £50, but make it good enough and take all my money!

Oh and on the Blons, the stock cable and a pair of Dekoni Bulletz is doing the trick just fine for me. I actually ordered another cable but like a chode my thumb must've hit the MMCx option after I selected two pin. Ah well.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #26,680 of 33,689
Oh if only it could be a really, really well tuned DD IEM that sits above the (for the money) excellent little ED9. Nothing fancy just plain simple engineering and bang for buck. Ideally sub £50, but make it good enough and take all my money!

Oh and on the Blons, the stock cable and a pair of Dekoni Bulletz is doing the trick just fine for me. I actually ordered another cable but like a chode my thumb must've hit the MMCx option after I selected two pin. Ah well.
You need to try out the Sony MH755. Got mine for $8 shipped but people have gotten em for $5. They are probably the best over all bang for your buck iems on the planet. Even Crinacle has them ranked right along side $1000 iems.

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #26,681 of 33,689
Yeah. Fear of getting a fake put me off biting the bullet on the MH755 but I've ordered a pair off (Kanoya??) a seller a few people have recommended. Looking forward to getting them and seeing how they compare to the super budget stuff I've got. I love my DD I do.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #26,682 of 33,689
Yeah. Fear of getting a fake put me off biting the bullet on the MH755 but I've ordered a pair off (Kanoya??) a seller a few people have recommended. Looking forward to getting them and seeing how they compare to the super budget stuff I've got. I love my DD I do.

For me, they are 100% giant killers. The sound is leagues above what anything in that price point should produce. The build quality leaves a lot to be desired, and obviously the cable sucks, but they are really comfortable. Super easy to wear.

I think the sound is so good that I've taken a break from buying headphones as I don't know how much I'll have to spend to get a more enjoyable sound than these $5-7 headphones. They are what the $7 VE monk earbuds pretended to be, actual giant killers.

I do need to learn how to recable them though. That cable is not ideal.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #26,683 of 33,689
If they are better than the Blon BL-01 I will be absolutely delighted.

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #26,685 of 33,689
I've just received the BLON BL03 the other day and have been listening to them last night.
They are just EPIC for a dynamic driver in everyway, IMHO! :clap::smile: Hands down! ...Probably the best dynamic driver for its price range and who knows how much more!

-Clear :ok_hand:

Just to check, what tips and cables do u use with the BLON BL-03?
I saw most headfiers didn't like the stock tips and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back