Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #26,657 of 33,689
Do you guys expect that on 11/11 there will be a bigger sale than the 3$ coupon right now? Not in a hurry to buy the blon bl03, so if It will save more than 3$ on 11/11 then I will wait. (also waiting for the new Tanchjim Oxygen)

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #26,658 of 33,689
Do you guys expect that on 11/11 there will be a bigger sale than the 3$ coupon right now? Not in a hurry to buy the blon bl03, so if It will save more than 3$ on 11/11 then I will wait. (also waiting for the new Tanchjim Oxygen)

Haha at the rate CHIFI is churning out hypetrains and affordable IEMs, there'll probably be another flavour of the week hypetrain that comes out by 11/11.

The BLON BL-03 is already at $25.50 (cheapest option on AE with voucher used), even if 11/11 is cheaper, it'll probably be a few more dollars savings at most.

I'm anticipating the new Tanchjim oxygen too, but it'll probably be expensive at launch (not sure if it'll be discounted for 11/11 or launch before then).

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #26,659 of 33,689
Haha at the rate CHIFI is churning out hypetrains and affordable IEMs, there'll probably be another flavour of the week hypetrain that comes out by 11/11.

The BLON BL-03 is already at $25.50 (cheapest option on AE with voucher used), even if 11/11 is cheaper, it'll probably be a few more dollars savings at most.

I'm anticipating the new Tanchjim oxygen too, but it'll probably be expensive at launch (not sure if it'll be discounted for 11/11 or launch before then).
it is on ali already - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_9,searchweb201603_52

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_9,searchweb201603_52

it is a limited run, 500 pairs, it can be gone til 11.11

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #26,660 of 33,689
Sep 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #26,662 of 33,689
It'd have to be a LOT better than the BL03 for that £££. All the IEMs I own and I do all of my listening on the two Bl03 and BL01s. Mind I've an MH755 and an EDR1 on the way for a bit of budget BL01 - mh755 - EDR1 - ED9 - The banned one - comparison. So far the BL01 takes it, just.

Sep 22, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #26,663 of 33,689
very painful, i will pass, BL03 for live brother :floatsmile:

It'd have to be a LOT better than the BL03 for that £££. All the IEMs I own and I do all of my listening on the two Bl03 and BL01s. Mind I've an MH755 and an EDR1 on the way for a bit of budget BL01 - mh755 - EDR1 - ED9 - The banned one - comparison. So far the BL01 takes it, just.

Yeah we can buy almost 20 BLON BL-03s for 1 updated Tanchjim Oxygen LOL.
Definitely there's laws of diminishing returns the higher up you go in the audio world. But if the BL-03 can gives 70 - 80% sound quality of the new Tanchjim Oxygen, I'll be very satisfied already.

Sep 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #26,664 of 33,689
Sep 22, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #26,665 of 33,689
Man what a facepalm.

As it is the BLON 03 is already a better sound than Tanchjim IMO and these are tuned by the same person right? I'd buy the BLON before they get some crazy idea about discontinuing it, creating a new model with the known appealing tuning and trying to make more money. This limited run stuff just fuels the paranoia as it is straight out of the books of audiophile company marketing models.

Sony EX1000 can cost double it's original price now if mint in box. Because it was discontinued. Limited runs just accelerate the whole process.

Buying 2 more.
1 for the ChiFi meets hiFi Apocalypse and another to crack open. I exchange units with companies often and they can change tuning a lot without changing shell or filter. Try cracking it open and creating one using a better fitting shell and if that and filter experimenting does not work i lost $30 but i still got 2 :wink:

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #26,666 of 33,689
Man what a facepalm.

As it is the BLON 03 is already a better sound than Tanchjim IMO and these are tuned by the same person right? I'd buy the BLON before they get some crazy idea about discontinuing it, creating a new model with the known appealing tuning and trying to make more money. This limited run stuff just fuels the paranoia as it is straight out of the books of audiophile company marketing models.

Sony EX1000 can cost double it's original price now if mint in box. Because it was discontinued. Limited runs just accelerate the whole process.

Buying 2 more.
1 for the ChiFi meets hiFi Apocalypse and another to crack open. I exchange units with companies often and they can change tuning a lot without changing shell or filter. Try cracking it open and creating one using a better fitting shell and if that and filter experimenting does not work i lost $30 but i still got 2 :wink:
Bought it now. :joy:

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #26,668 of 33,689
Yeah we can buy almost 20 BLON BL-03s for 1 updated Tanchjim Oxygen LOL.
Definitely there's laws of diminishing returns the higher up you go in the audio world. But if the BL-03 can gives 70 - 80% sound quality of the new Tanchjim Oxygen, I'll be very satisfied already.

At the moment I am trying to find the very cheapest IEM that satisfies my inner audiophile. ED9 comes very close and is only £8 but so far nothing below £10 quite does it.

It's a fun distraction. I've got the hifi for the endgame.

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #26,669 of 33,689
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #26,670 of 33,689
Man what a facepalm.

Buying 2 more.

Tanchjim Oxygen: according to @shotgunshane and @crinacle, the $250 Drop + JVC HA-FXD1 are better. I only know the JVCs and am very happy with them...ordered my own pair and will have to return the loaner. HAVE THE SAME DRIVER AS THE BLON BL-03. Tuned by Zhuo Hulang.

Blon BL-03: great bang for your buck. Can't go wrong. HAVE THE SAME DRIVER AS THE TANCHJIM OXYGEN. Tuned by Zhuo Hulang.
https://www.audioreviews.org/blon-bl-03-review/
The Blons are so cheap that the sellers don't like the hype around them...they want to sell you the pricier Oxygen type earphones.

NiceHCK EB2 earbuds: nothing wrong with these: https://www.audioreviews.org/nicehck-eb2-the-sennheiser-killer/
In this class, only the DIYs by @HungryPanda are better (but not widely available).

I wrote:
"...

SELECT COMPARISONS

Sennheiser MX-560 (~$30, discontinued): the EB2 are simply better sounding and more musical on all fronts to my big surprise. The Senns, my previous earbud reference, sound tinnier, are harder to driver and cannot compete in terms of richness of sound, resolution, details etc. Respect, NiceHCK.

Headroom MS16 (~$10): the MS16 were hyped a while ago on Audiobudget and are miles behind the Sennheiser MX-560, which are way behind the EB2. Nothing more than yet another good value for the drawer.

Apple Earpods (~$30): tinny sounding and highly inferior to the EB2 but they are great for phone calls and have stellar ergonomics. The EB2 lacks a microphone which would add essential earbud functionality.

VE Monk Plus (~$5): Sennheiser lookalike and good enough for listening to FM radio but no competitor to the EB2. I gave one of my two pairs to a friend who failed to find another friend to give them to…

..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back