Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #25,381 of 33,689
Anyone can recommend something that's mid centric and slightly rolled off the top, or something that's close to se535 tuning with mmcx connector in the budget range?

Brainwavz B400? I paid $116 for my latest pair on a recent sale....

20190728_193636.jpg

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #25,382 of 33,689
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #25,385 of 33,689

The different models fit different sizes of nozzles. I was mostly using CP100 but then I wished they were slightly wider stems for certain iems so I bought a couple of CP145 that I have not yet used. I also have a CP800 to try on my DT300 which has the skinny nozzle.

On this page if you scroll down you will see the specs on the CP100 and CP800. I am trying to find something that compares them all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32721513220.html

Because they are so expensive I always try my other options first. I usually just need Spinfits on short nozzled iems because they go in farther.

I first used a Spinfit on my KZ ED16... it was the only thing that gave me a correct fit. At the time there just happened to be one here in the house having been packaged with an old Dunu that my husband had.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #25,386 of 33,689
The different models fit different sizes of nozzles. I was mostly using CP100 but then I wished they were slightly wider stems for certain iems so I bought a couple of CP145 that I have not yet used. I also have a CP800 to try on my DT300 which has the skinny nozzle.

On this page if you scroll down you will see the specs on the CP100 and CP800. I am trying to find something that compares them all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32721513220.html

Because they are so expensive I always try my other options first. I usually just need Spinfits on short nozzled iems because they go in farther.

I first used a Spinfit on my KZ ED16... it was the only thing that gave me a correct fit. At the time there just happened to be one here in the house having been packaged with an old Dunu that my husband had.
Thanks, I dipped a bit in sh... by purchasing the CP800 with a 2 mm nozzle diameter...but they will fit my Etys...also got the CP100 with the standard 4.5 mm. Expensive...and worth it?

I also order the JVC spiral dots...

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #25,387 of 33,689
Thanks, I dipped a bit in sh... by purchasing the CP800 with a 2 mm nozzle diameter...but they will fit my Etys...also got the CP100 with the standard 4.5 mm. Expensive...and worth it?

I also order the JVC spiral dots...

It is worth it when you have an iem that just does not fit or sound right without it. Having the right tips can make an IEM that you would have just written off as being horrible into one of your best ones:) I am lucky because KZ Starlines and some other less expensive options usually work for me.

In the case of the MH755 the included tips are perfect for me and the bright colors are part of its charm . This is why I have all four colors, all recabled with different cables. I am planning to have a red cable put on one of my spares because the red tips that came with my Tanchjim Cora will look cool with it.... or green tips for a Christmas vibe.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #25,388 of 33,689

Pretty sure they are the CP100 Large. Bought them a while ago they were in my collection...

I like them because they allow me to push the IEM further in due to the longer stem.

The stock ones aren't bad, size wise the bore on the CP100 is slightly wider but only a touch. I feel like the SpinFits seal better, when I take the IEM out of my ear the silicone on the Spinfit actually turns inside out due to the seal.

I haven't noticed it changing the sound in any way.

The CP100-L come with 3.8mm bore: https://www.spinfiteartip.com/en/product-detail/30

Any bigger I think would just slip off.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #25,389 of 33,689
Budget or anything below 120usd
Anything else beside the gr07? I used to have them when they first came out, they were great but sadly mine failed a little over a year in. And definitely not looking to get another.

In fact after so many years off headfi, I m quite surprised that they are still so popular

usually non-owners who have heard them (or at least seen them recommended time and again as the $100 benchmark), had a few friends that bought GR07 and burned by the crap cable (and connections), so never again. They are really good, no doubt. But, unless you're determined to baby them or something, not recommended for something portable (there's the MMCX version, not sure about that one, or even the price)

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #25,390 of 33,689
usually non-owners who have heard them (or at least seen them recommended time and again as the $100 benchmark), had a few friends that bought GR07 and burned by the crap cable (and connections), so never again. They are really good, no doubt. But, unless you're determined to baby them or something, not recommended for something portable (there's the MMCX version, not sure about that one, or even the price)

I agree. From cables that crumble apart to drivers that just die for no reason, I don’t know anyone that’s owned a Vsonic long-term.

It’s almost as if they built a microscopic time bomb in their earphones, and after exactly 12 months it goes off destroying the earphone. Some go off after 6 months.

It’s too bad though; they did a good job tuning their stuff. I just think they gave up when it came to the build quality.

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #25,391 of 33,689
I agree. From cables that crumble apart to drivers that just die for no reason, I don’t know anyone that’s owned a Vsonic long-term.

It’s almost as if they built a microscopic time bomb in their earphones, and after exactly 12 months it goes off destroying the earphone. Some go off after 6 months.

It’s too bad though; they did a good job tuning their stuff. I just think they gave up when it came to the build quality.
the gr07 was good in its day, but no longer competitive in the $100 class--esp. since the the vivo xe800 (by all accounts) has the same guts and costs $15 or so

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #25,392 of 33,689
the gr07 was good in its day, but no longer competitive in the $100 class--esp. since the the vivo xe800 (by all accounts) has the same guts and costs $15 or so

I wish I could source a legit Vivo XE800, bought 2 but both of them ended up to be fakes (despite the movable nozzles check, opened it up and saw drivers were different, plus sound was way off GR07)

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #25,394 of 33,689
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #25,395 of 33,689

Yup that's how mine died. I remember it being 3-5 days after warranty ended. And suddenly the right driver failed without warning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back